So proud of myself!

Before I started SW I only ate Apples and very rarely those, I would say to people that I hated fruit, and although I liked veg I did not cook it very often as I was lazy and could not be bothered.

I remember one evening early on in my weight loss when I had used all my syns and hexes and I was moaning to my husband that I was hungry and he asked me what are you allowed to have and I told him I am allowed fruit or veg and he said have fruit then if you fancy something sweet, I said yuck no thanks and he said well then you are not really hungry are you. I realised he had a point and that if I wanted to succeed I needed to learn to like different foods. and also learn to tell if I really am hungry of course!

I now eat Apples Bananas Blueberries, Strawberries clementines Kiwi and Melons and consider fruit a treat lol! If you had told me that 2 years ago I would have laughed at you. Mind you at first I had to drown the berries and Kiwi in sweetener and Quark or Yoghurt.

Before I started SW I only ate Apples and very rarely those, I would say to people that I hated fruit, and although I liked veg I did not cook it very often as I was lazy and could not be bothered.

I remember one evening early on in my weight loss when I had used all my syns and hexes and I was moaning to my husband that I was hungry and he asked me what are you allowed to have and I told him I am allowed fruit or veg and he said have fruit then if you fancy something sweet, I said yuck no thanks and he said well then you are not really hungry are you. I realised he had a point and that if I wanted to succeed I needed to learn to like different foods. and also learn to tell if I really am hungry of course!

I now eat Apples Bananas Blueberries, Strawberries clementines Kiwi and Melons and consider fruit a treat lol! If you had told me that 2 years ago I would have laughed at you. Mind you at first I had to drown the berries and Kiwi in sweetener and Quark or Yoghurt.

I'm same but with veg and I do eat some was always same now I'm addicted to spinach but eat asparagus mange tout mushrooms. I find things like cabbage ill eat but raw n shredded with kebabs or meat skewers rather than cooked. But you do have to learn to like other things sometimes.

I like some fruit apples, peaches, grapes, strawberries , kiwi, pineapple and most veg yum!

Just made some beef burgers

Lean minced beef
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Oregano seasoning
1tbs tomato purée
dash of soy sauce
Garlic salt
Salt
Pepper
I egg to bind it all together

Mixed it all up put it a bowel cover with cling film and popped it in the fridge for 2hours for the flavours to defuse and there ready to grill tonight for tea :)

Yum!

I like some fruit apples, peaches, grapes, strawberries , kiwi, pineapple and most veg yum!

Just made some beef burgers

Lean minced beef
Chopped onion
Chopped garlic
Oregano seasoning
1tbs tomato purée
dash of soy sauce
Garlic salt
Salt
Pepper
I egg to bind it all together

Mixed it all up put it a bowel cover with cling film and popped it in the fridge for 2hours for the flavours to defuse and there ready to grill tonight for tea :)

Yum!

Sounds good, I might give them a try. What are you having with them? Having you tried the SW chips yet?

Sounds good, I might give them a try. What are you having with them? Having you tried the SW chips yet?

I ain't tried SW yet!! Lol although I will be soon lol. The burgers were lovely. I was gonna do SW chips with them but I REALLY wanted to use my syns on a white roll and I didn't want to much carbs so I opted for sweet potato which has a lower carb value and salad. Bit of light mayo on my bun delish! :) xxx

Pressure cookers have a bad press!I use mine for cooking pulses, and soups take . Lentil x 12 mins, chicken carcass for stock 20 mins.

Pressure cookers have a bad press!I use mine for cooking pulses, and soups take . Lentil x 12 mins, chicken carcass for stock 20 mins.

My grandma is solely responsible for this bad press pressure cooking sprouts and broccoli for same time as a joint of meat :( yuk I can still picture it now 20 yrs later lol

Great news Poppy :)

Well done you can do it. There's loads of fast food like recipes you can make on SW. My faves being:
Homage burgers
Kebabs and pitta
Pitta pizzas
Smash pizza
Chicken chow mein
Curry
I also sometimes make fish in homemade breadcrumbs with chunky chips and mushy peas.

There are tons of yum recipes you can make.
A slow cooker is also a great buy, mine was only £7 from Asda and we use it loads xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Great news Poppy :)

Well done you can do it. There's loads of fast food like recipes you can make on SW. My faves being:
Homage burgers
Kebabs and pitta
Pitta pizzas
Smash pizza
Chicken chow mein
Curry
I also sometimes make fish in homemade breadcrumbs with chunky chips and mushy peas.

There are tons of yum recipes you can make.
A slow cooker is also a great buy, mine was only £7 from Asda and we use it loads xxxx

Yup have a slow cooker hehe xxx

Hi poppy Im similar to you in that I could never be bothered to cook anything so I didnt try, pretty much lived off ready meals until last month. When my friend suggested doing sw I panicked as I knew you need to cook a lot from scratch, but I figured Im now 30 so its about time I got my act together! Ive now learnt how to boil an egg(!), make omelettes & quiche & have tried soups which have tasted a bit dodgy but at least Ive tried :) Ive obviously got a lot to learn but itll be worth it, Ill keep an eye out for your posts as Im sure youll be an inspiration for me x

Hi poppy Im similar to you in that I could never be bothered to cook anything so I didnt try, pretty much lived off ready meals until last month. When my friend suggested doing sw I panicked as I knew you need to cook a lot from scratch, but I figured Im now 30 so its about time I got my act together! Ive now learnt how to boil an egg(!), make omelettes & quiche & have tried soups which have tasted a bit dodgy but at least Ive tried :) Ive obviously got a lot to learn but itll be worth it, Ill keep an eye out for your posts as Im sure youll be an inspiration for me x

I have a diary in the a lot to lose section :) xxx

Back