So sad today

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
During my lunch break at work today I had the very sad news that my brother-in-law passed away from a heart attack.
Lance had just turned 57.
He was a wonderful man, always there for everyone, and taken from us so young.
He was hugely overweight, diabetic and drank like a fish, so I guess he was a time bomb waiting to go off. It still is a shock, though.
Walking on the beach in Durban, South Africa, with his wife, he collapsed and died on the spot.
Although saddened by the news, I still decided to go to WI today. I was not in the frame of mind to stay for class but felt the need to go anyway. I didn't expect to lose anything as I downed quite a few glasses of brandy and diet coke (my tipple) to drown my sorrows but I still lost a pound!
I may be going with my hubby to South Africa to be with the family and attend the funeral but we have to be back by the 14th as our son is getting married on the 15th!
When I am sad, anxious or worried I can't eat so I don't expect to lose any weight in the next couple of weeks, but that is not my priority right now.
I am not going to worry about my weight loss at all, but will be back on track a.s.a.p.
I won't be indulging in a lot of bad things but can't think of eating right now!

Oh honey (((Hugs))) I am really sorry to hear about your loss :(
Well done on the lb loss chick, not to worry about the forth coming weeks. You just concentrate on yourself and your family. Speak soon xxx

Sonia, I am so very sorry for your sad loss, such a shock to you, my thoughts are with you, and well done on your loss too, take care my dear. X

Hi Sonia,

Very sorry to hear about your loss, deepest sympathy to you and your family.:hug99:

Love Mini xxx

Oh god, I am so sorry to hear this, i would give you a massive hug if i could (((((((((hug))))))))) xx

Oh hunny.
Im sending you every ounce of strength i have. *hugs* I hope you find strength in your family and can slowley begin to get back to normality soon. Maybe your son's wedding can be an event to look forward to to lift your mood from such terrible news.
I wish you all the best and send all my love to you all.
xx

Once again, thank you!
The support and friendship here is fantastic.
I really appreciate it.

So sorry Malaika, sudden death like this is so hard to cope with, even when it isn't totally unexpected.

We'll all miss your friendly, helpful posts, but you must concentrate on your family at this sad time. Best Wishes for the Wedding.

Last edited:
How sad. It sounds like he was a lovely man - it must be a dreadful shock to everyone. I hope all the family and friends can pull together and support each other through this.

My thoughts are with you. I know it's no consolation, but he passed away quickly in a wonderful setting and was obviously happy. How heartbreaking for his wife.

Oh sweetheart I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*

I know you said he was overweight and all that, but that's so sudden for you all - my heart and thoughts are with you.

Well done for going to WI still and also for being sensible about SW for the next few weeks.

All the best sweetie - really am sorry for your loss xxx

Back