So sick of being overweight

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by claireann, 14 June 2010 Social URL.

1. claireann

claireann New Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, this is just a little post to say hi and I'm glad to have found this forum. I've been a lurker for awhile and thought it was about time I jumped in.

I'm not new to SW, the first time I joined was in 2000 before I got married and I lost a stone in time for my wedding. In 2004 I joined again to lose a few pounds and found out I was pregnant almost straight away. I put on 4 stone during the pregnancy so I was bigger than I'd ever been and though I managed to lose 2 stone of that I've been stuck for about 3 years.

I've tried other ways of losing weight (WW), I live in Ireland now and there are no SW clubs near me but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. I still have all the books and remember for the most part how it all goes so I'm going to be doing this on my own.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm hoping that you guys will help me get back in the SW groove. I really don't want to see in another New Year with nothing having changed.

emily87 likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emily87

emily87 Onwards and downwards!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(29.02%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Hi Claireann, welcome to Minimins, I hope you find it as helpful as I do. Everyone is so supportive, just ask anything you need to and you will get lots of responses and ideas. There are some great recipes on here too :) Good luck with your weight loss.

4. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Welcome and here's to a New You for the New Year!

5. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.83%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The diet has changed a wee bit due to the introduction of EE but if you remember what you did before then you'll be fine. Good luck!

6. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Good luck! You'll find lots of support here!

7. patsy101

patsy101 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Claire,
    You can go on slimming world site to refresh what you already know and learn about the new choice of extra easy. Thats the plan I TRY to follow... its great and so easy to do. Well it is with a good dose of will power. lol
    Good luck to you hunnie!

8. kellyshay

kellyshay New Member

Hi,
    I've started again today too. Hope it works this time, am sick of being fat!
    Kelly

9. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I do SW from home, and now 3lbs away from target - doing it alone at home without going to group CAN be done but you need to be in the right frame of mind, which by the sounds of it you seem very determined.
    Good luck on your SW journey xxx

10. claireann

claireann New Member

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.05%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for the welcome guys! Just reading all your numbers is really inspiring to me.

@The Changing Man, I noticed the new addition of EE (which I've not really figured out yet) but I'm hoping that the old Green Day/Red Day is still pretty much the same.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.