So sick of doing this now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm avoiding the scales like mad..... I darent its always been an excuse to binge & or purge or fall off the diet wagon! Removing all emotion the facts are just this:
Eat packs, drink water & you CANNONT fail.... (so easy to type & say but christ its a whole lot harder in reality).
That post on Emotional Eating really really worked for me, read in and then see how you feel. Knowing that the physical effects in week one a mostly due to the huge carb withdrawl you are experiencing & that this is probably the worst it can get, stay as strong as you can - you cant ask yourself to do more!

Well, it's just a simple case of whether the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.
Sure, I'd like to lose my beer gut, but there is only so much suffering that I am willing to tolerate in order to do so.

So far I have managed to convince myself that it is worth it, so I have stuck to the plan.
But, I have decided that if I feel rotten again, it will no longer be worth it, and I will obtain a pie and I will jolly well eat it :D

Don't worry just yet though, I feel perfectly fine at the moment.

Suffering???? How exactly are you suffering?????

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you are supplementing the diet with a few hundred calories of food then you are not sticking to the plan. Cheese is full of fat and those few hundred calories (you dont say how much) could be the reason why you are not in ketosis yet. If you want to add food you need to follow the 790 or higher plans and have the correct weight of certain foods.

If you are adding anything extra to the plan regardless of whether there is carbs in them it can effect your weight loss as your body has extra calories to use for energy before burning fat.

Maybe have a chat with your cdc next time you see her.

julesrush
cdc norwich

Well done for sticking with it! I felt like you at the start of the week and really nearly gave up but thanks to a very good friend and the lovely people on here I stuck with it and I feel so much better now! I didn't really believe anyone when they said I would feel better but I really do and today was the first day that I got a positive on the Ketosix Woo Hoo :) Good luck and keep coming on here!
How is Pippa doing?

Suffering???? How exactly are you suffering?????

I'm suffering because I have felt very ill for the last five days. If you read my original post in this thread, you'll find a day by day description of exactly how I am suffering.

I am aware of the extra calories making a difference, but I am well and truly in ketosis (pink ketostix, bad breath, metallic taste) and I have lost around 7lb.

Sorry guys, but I'm not doing it any more. It's affecting my work. I messed a piercing up today, which I haven't done in 12 years.
Luckily it was a lip piercing and I managed to correct the problem, but if it had been a tongue and I had gone through a vein, it could have been very serious.
I was also unnecessarily curt with one of my staff, which is just not me at all.
I can't feel this crap and run a business at the same time.

I decided last night that if I was still bad today, I would stop the diet.
I made this decision nearly 24 hours ago, and have stuck to the diet until now, so I'm not making a snap decision or giving in to temptation. I still have no appetite, and the thought of eating isn't pleasant, but I have to get out of ketosis now.

I did ask if there was a right or wrong way to come out of ketosis.
Does anyone accept that this diet isn't for everyone and have an answer for me?

You are being a prat and you want a pat on the back? Sorry hon, but you've got stuck into cheese (ooh, says he, it has no carbs), chicken etc, want a free pass for alcohol and yet you think you deserve a huggle after less than a week? Bless - you[re "suffering"? Let me swoon here......... nah. Can't be bothered to ape it that much.

Frankly, I think you need a very large toe in the arse, dear. If the lovely Pippa doesn't give it to you, it's because she's way too polite. After the patronising way in which you've talked about her online, you certainly deserve it. Get a grip. Be nicer to your girlfriend. Reassess if you really want to get to a healthy weight. Just don't bore me with your pfaffing around for weeks on end.

Best of luck. I really, honestly wish you well. I just hope you can get honest with yourself.

Firstly, let me say that it is very easy to insult somebody whilst hiding behind a computer screen. You don't know me, and my relationship is none of your business.
I have no Idea why you think that I am patronising Pippa. Rather than moan about not being the weight she would like, she's actually doing something about it, and this is something that I admire. I thought it would be easier for her if she had a 'buddy' to do the diet with, I scarcely think that is patronising.
If you are referring to me saying I love her just the way she is, I was simply stating a fact. She is no different to how she was in April when I proposed to her.

The cheese thatI ate was Edam, and the nutrition information states that it has nil carbs. The extra calories would be consumed instead of body fat, but I was still well under 1000 calories a day which means that I was probably burning 1000- 1500 calories from body fat per day.

I didn't want a 'free pass' for alcohol, but I also don't want to have all the fun sucked out of my life either. I have not consumed any alcohol whilst on the diet, even though it is possible to get away with certain alcoholic drinks.

I did not post here to get a 'huggle'. If you reread my post you will see that the subject of this thread was originally about the first days of the diet affecting my ability to function correctly.

I know I haven't suffered any more than anyone else on this diet, but perhaps the motivation is less for me because I am barely overweight.
Therefore, I have been weighing up the pros and cons and have reached the conclusion that the diet isn't suitable for the purposes that I am using it for. Is there anything wrong with that?

The subject of my post was not to get support (although thank you to everyone who did offer it) I am not trying to overcome the temptation to stuff food into my face.

My post was about the fact that I have realised that the diet is not for me, and if there is anything I should know about coming out of ketosis safely.

"doctor" beat
Given that my original post was deleted (I wonder who complained?) I can only apologise. Many of us have struggled through the less than 400 calories for weeks at a time. It is tough, I won't deny that for a moment. Some people just are not suited to CD. I am unable to comment further. Good luck.

I don't know who complained, but since I quoted you in my reply, it is still available for everyone to read.

I'm sorry your lovely diet isn't for me but hey, everyone's different.
The amount of discomfort experienced on the journey into ketosis is also affected by the lifestyle of the person. I can't do my job properly whilst this is happening. If I had taken a week off work or did a different job I'm sure I could have coped just fine.

I have a friend who is extremely obese and has been struggling to lose weight for years. I recommended the cambridge diet to him today despite my personal reservations because I believe he would benefit from it, and I will continue to support Pippa in any way I can.

Just a quick note for Mini:

I don't seem to be able to reply to your PM for some reason but thanks for answering my question about reintroducing carbs, I'll follow it to the letter.

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 20 post s's you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

http://www.minimins.com/newcomers/787-minis-guided-tour-site.html

Last edited:
I am not trying to overcome the temptation to stuff food into my face.

Well, dear, nor am I. I just want to fit into a smaller clothes size and feel a little more smug. I'm sure that doesn't apply to you. Actually, I rarely stuff food into my face... Plenty of other things to be getting on with.

Best of luck again in getting to a sustainable body weight.

Well, dear, nor am I. I just want to fit into a smaller clothes size and feel a little more smug. I'm sure that doesn't apply to you. Actually, I rarely stuff food into my face... Plenty of other things to be getting on with.

Like being rude to strangers on the internet? Glad I was able to help :p

I wasn't implying that you stuff food into your face, just that if I had been tempted to do so, that is when I would have asked for support.

You don't have to justify to me your reasons for wanting to lose weight, but I 'wish you every success' just as sincerely as you have wished me good luck.

And I am not your 'dear'...

Actually, it's cathartic for me to chat with you, hon.

I'm losing weight so I feel "bien dans ma peau" if you know what I mean...? Hopefully it'll shrink as I do. I have lots of love and support from my rt people and the wonderful folks I've encountered here.

Nothing truly worthwhile comes easy though. All I'd say is that positive mental attitude counts for 99.99% of the journey in the case of CD. The other 98% is about drinking lots of water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back