So upset - need inspiration/help/advice to carry on.....

Jeep

Otherwise known as Jools
I've posted this in the Weigh In thread too... so sorry for the doubling up but I am just so upset........

Last night I went to my second weigh in (missed last week due to bank hols) and was extremely upset and disappointed to find that I have gained another 2.5lbs.

My story is that I have come over from a TFR diet (Lipotrim) because I did not have the willpower to do such an extreme diet anymore and thought that I would give WW a try.

I expected to have a gain on the first week as I would be eating lots more food than I am used to and yes I gained 2lbs in my first week.

However I would have thought that 3 weeks down the line, being good and following my points to the letter - I have 22 to eat per day - I would have made a loss or even a STS by now.

But no - I was very upset to have gained yet again. Its very disheartening. I know that lots of people will say that its to be expected - but surely by now the body will be used to receiving food and be able to start losing now.

However I do feel that I am eating much to much food and am struggling to eat all my points each day. People have suggested that I have some chocolate each day as a treat but I dont want to do that as that is how I got into this position in the first place. Another suggestion was to drink things like "fat Coke" instead of Diet as that will waste 2pts a time !!!

I am going to try and do Fast Start - 18 points - for a while and see how that goes.

Sorry for the rant but I am just so disappointed:cry:

Hi hun

Coming from a low cal diet means that your body will cling on to the carbohydrates and the *gain* is more than likely water weight.

Hang on in there, it'll take a week or two for your body to get used to "real" food again - I'm coming from Cambridge myself, and I'm worried about a gain in the first week, but in the long run, it'll be losses all around!

Please don't be upset or disappointed. Bodies are funny things and it will take time for yours to adjust from being on a VLCD.

Keep going

Irene xx

l agree with mince l also have been on and off liquids diets and they really have messed up my metabolism. be patient it will take a while for your body to adjust ,but you will get there , believe me l have thought about returning to that strict dieting because my weight loss will be slow but its just not worth it ,be patient hun it will start coming off :):)

Thanks Ladies, its just so annoying when you have been good and done everything right to find its not really working properly. I agree its more than likely water weight - hope so. I would have thought that 3 weeks of real food would have been enough for the body to adjust.

I am going to try a "your own way Fast Start" ie 18 points to see if that might help. I will try for another couple of weeks and if there is still a problem of gaining then I think that I will have a rethink about my dieting and maybe even go back to TFR - who knows its such a minefield.

remember your first few weigh ins on LT where you most likely lost alot of weigh very quickly...well that was water ... so expect that your body now needs that back on a food diet ... I put 7lbs on over the first few weeks that I went on to WW from LT last year but after that I started loosing again fat this time not water :)

yep im voting for water too, carbs ir bread and pastas and infact in nearly all foods bar protein suck up water when you eat them. Continue making healthy choices, you are allowed to eat food and still lose fat.Its just your body is getting back into the rythm of burning different kind of food again

its really disheartening to see a gain when you expect a loss. All I can say is what our WW mentor said, stick with it, you WILL see a result, just give it time. She was right :) But its hard to be patient...

Back