So Useless!

lemma1968

Silver Member
I am so cr*p.

Over the last 2 years I have done:

LighterLife - lost 28lbs - felt great, broke my wrist and could not get back on the wagon afterwards.

Then gained 1 stone.

Then did Cambridge - lost 14lbs to take me back to me 28lbs total weight loss.

Fell off the wagon and gained 6lbs

Started Slimming world in Nov 2009 - got back to 28lbs total weight loss then since the end of January 2010 I have gained back 25lbs.

I am fat, I am unhealthy, I am miserable.

I have had an awful time with work, had to put my dog to sleep and am generally not coping. Its clearly all stress related.

I would love to have a gastric band or balloon but i cannot afford either.:sigh:

I just can't see the wood for the trees.

I know if I update my profile then I will have to accept quite how cr*ppy i have become. :cry:

I feel lost in the wilderness.

I'm really sorry you're feeling so crap hun. I lost 6 stone several years ago & vowed I would never put it back on, yet here I am.

Sometimes things happen in life that knock you for six. Like you, I had to have my dog put to sleep recently. It's hard isn't it? I was stuck in an awful job for nearly three years and couldn't get anything else. It just makes you feel like cr*p. And if you're like me & food is your crutch, then we turn to that, eat, put weight on & feel a lot worse. It's hard to get your head around the idea that food doesn't help isn't it?

The fact that you've posted on here shows you want to do something about it. Very best of luck with trying again :)

(((hugs)))

Aw pet you need to take a step back from the weight side of things and work on you. It sounds like you are putting far too much pressure on yourself and the fact that you have put weight back on is not helping. A diet is not a quick fix its about changing the way you view food. If its a permanent change you want then you will have to stick to the way you change your eating habits.

Work on the things in your life that are stressing you out like work and take time to grieve for your dog and then when your head is clearer you can think about losing the weight and keeping it off :D

Good Luck xxx

You sound like me. Classic yoyo.What you need is to change your mindset. Sw is a more like a ahealthy eating plan than the otherb doiets I've tried and I'm finding it easier this time with the help from the girls on here. Take it one day at a atime and if you listen to he others it will become second nature. Dont make it an obsession let evrything go on at the same time.Grieve for your pet and allow yourself time to heal.Feeling a failure is all part of that process .Try to look beyond the weight but try the plan as well,slowly at first and as you suceed in other things the plan will start to work.

Back