So.... *week??

Roz

When others have their *week, do you gain the week you're due, or the week after???
I had a 2.5lbs loss for last week and only weighed yesterday, but today the stars came out, lol, so will my weigh in next Monday show a gain? What generally happens with all you other girls??

I usually have a gain the week before which is a bit bizarre, I know. It seems that I retain water more that week than any other! I've kinda got into a pattern with it though, so it's not too unexpected.

It doesnt have any affect on me fortunately, which I am a bit surprised at to be honest.

Maybe its because I have so much to lose that by cutting down on my food as I have done with sw, I will still lose weight anyway.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Mine has always varied but I know when I am going to gain badly at * week as my carpal tunnel makes a return and I can barely move my right hand because of the retention, when that happens I can put on up to 4 pound in a week but then it all goes as soon as it starts.

i don't have them! god bless the mini-pill! ;)

2 weeks before i can pile on up to 6lbs, then it comes off again at start of * week!!
Nightmare!!! :mad:
xxx

Im due on any day and lost 3.5lbs yesterday but not sure what weill happen next week as its the first time with totm with sw so fingers crossed for both of us! I soooo want to one of the people who it doesnt effect!! lol

Im due on any day and lost 3.5lbs yesterday but not sure what weill happen next week as its the first time with totm with sw so fingers crossed for both of us! I soooo want to one of the people who it doesnt effect!! lol

ahh hun, well at least you know that youre not alone if you do have a gain!! and its only water so your weight loss figures after totm will make you smile!! xxx

Think it just slows mine. I recall from the last time I did SW a few years back I had no trouble losing during but I had it this past week and only lost 1 lb. Either way don't worry too much :) am sure the worst is just before and not after.

hi Pesty
Im glad that you said about implants. The first one that I had fitted got rid of them altogther!
Now I have a new one fitted I cant tell whats going to happen, when and its getting to the point that Im starting to think that there is something wrong.
Its anoying me as having one the first time was brill for me.
My weight lose is going one bad weigh in followed by one really good one. Looks like this:confused:
week 1 -0.5
week 2 -4
week 3 +1
week 4 -3.5
week 5 -1.5
Does anyone else lose like this?

I'm the same as Cailin Maith. I have a gain before (normally for a few days) and then as 'it' appears, it is like Niagra Falls!! I had to get out of bed four times last night before I could go to sleep as my body was getting rid of the water. I am praying that I have a loss tonight... Oh and I have a IUS if that helps anyone!

i always see a gain or sts the week before "the stars come out" but here's my tip to try and stop the water retention, try and cut down the amount of salt you eat that week, drink water hot or warm rather than cold! i know this sounds rather silly, its an indian old wives remedy but it seems to work!

I'm the same as Cailin Maith. I have a gain before (normally for a few days) and then as 'it' appears, it is like Niagra Falls!! I had to get out of bed four times last night before I could go to sleep as my body was getting rid of the water. I am praying that I have a loss tonight... Oh and I have a IUS if that helps anyone!

Good Luck with your WI MrsMc!

I came on today and have made at least 15 trips to the loo :eek: I'm sure my boss thought I was up to something, I was in there so often, lol!! Hopefully it will be good for the scales on Thursday.

So there's no hard and fast "rules" then really. I'll just have to see what happens next Monday. I'm only ever on light anyway, so hopefully it won't make much difference to me.

Good Luck with your WI MrsMc!

I came on today and have made at least 15 trips to the loo :eek: I'm sure my boss thought I was up to something, I was in there so often, lol!! Hopefully it will be good for the scales on Thursday.

Thank you! Well thanks to all the p*ssing, I lost 4.5lbs lmao. Result!

i always see a gain or sts the week before "the stars come out" but here's my tip to try and stop the water retention, try and cut down the amount of salt you eat that week, drink water hot or warm rather than cold! i know this sounds rather silly, its an indian old wives remedy but it seems to work!

I'm the same, i gain or STS a week before and then i lose 2-3lbs when the stars come out.
My mother tells me to have warm water too as she says that helps! I've never tried it though, must try it and see! :)

This might be a weird question but do you tell them when your weighing it's your star week?? :)

People in our group do. If they've had a gain and the C asks if they know what caused it they'll say * week

xx

Back