So, what a weekend (now with birth story)

sarahG31

New Mum :)
Thomas born 5th December at 11.30am 10 hours after waters breaking (11 days early). Still in hospital but all is going well. I'll write the surreal story up once I'm home :)

Attachments

• image-672962880.jpg
    image-672962880.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
oh wow Sarah - HUGE congratulations!!! He is absolutely gorgeous:)) You have your little man in plenty of time for christmas x x x

Congratulations, hope you are both home soon :)

Wow Sarah! Congratulations! He is gorgeous. Can't believe you beat me to it! 11 days early, you lucky thing. Glad you're both well, can't wait to hear the full story. Take care x

Oh my god Sarah - he is gorgeous, an absolute cutie.
Can't wait to hear all about it - huge congrats!

wow total surprise! well done and glad you and baby are well x

Congratulations Sarah!!! :D He's gorgeous xxx

Thanks all! Am back home now, just trying to settle at home, finding the days just slipping by at the moment and there's still a few things to get sorted as i'd have been 39 weeks yesterday and expected at least another week to go!

All is good though, Thomas is fantastic, he sleeps and feeds and melts our hearts in between :D

Congratulations!!! He is lovely :)

My waters went on Tuesday morning at 36+5 and Oscar was born at 10.39am by C/S, weighing 11lbs 6oz!!

xx

Congratulations!!! He is lovely :)

My waters went on Tuesday morning at 36+5 and Oscar was born at 10.39am by C/S, weighing 11lbs 6oz!!

xx

Wow congratulations to you too!

Well a week on and I've lost 10lb. Could do with a few more weeks like that! ;)

Thanks mummytummy :)

Well my birth story...

Friday (3rd), MW appointment and told head wasn't quite engaged, BP a bit high so had to go to the MW shop in town on Saturday where it was fine. 1.30am go to the loo and literally leaving the bathroom more trickles (and me very scared I'd lost complete control of my bladder!). Took a few minutes to realise that possibly my waters had broken. Felt minor contractions, the sensation of my back tightening every 5-10 minutes, but nothing major. Called the labour ward, told to go in to be checked. Got there for about 2.30am and they were half and half on whether my waters had broken or not (I knew they had but couldn't convince them!). BP was back high so they monitored both me and the baby in triage until about 5am. Then told me to return at 11.30am to get my BP checked again, but come back in earlier if I felt I couldn't cope with the pain. At that point they said the baby's head was 2/5ths engaged.

When we left I was feeling contractions, but with every contraction I had major pain in my pelvis which I was told was the baby's head trying to engage and it would continue until it had (so my thinking was it'd get better quite quickly). Went home and had my TENs unit on which may or may not have worked, but it helped take my mind off the pelvic pain when it hit. The pain didn't ease regardless of how I sat/laid in bed so tried a bath around 7am but it didn't do anything so after a quick call to my Mum she told me to go back to hospital. One of the last contractions before leaving home I had the urge to push as well and the pain was just major.

Got back in about 8.30am eventually, back in triage, back on the monitors. They still wouldn't confirm my waters had gone saying it was just wet 'show' which had only just been triggered by the early morning examination that they'd done, so I guess there was a lot to come out. With every contraction (which felt okay), I had this severe pelvic pain right alongside it. They checked me and said the baby's head was only 4/5ths engaged and not back to front but slightly to the right. I pointed out that I had the urge to push and told not to which, once you experience it you'll know it's not easy! Around 10-10.30am asked to get up and get a urine sample, but standing up I felt the full force of the contraction and told them again I just had to push so they examined me. Baby's head was crowing and I was fully dilated. So I went through stage 1 of labour with zero pain killers as I don't actually think I took any paracetamol either! So much for the anaethetist appointment where they said if I wanted an epidural I would need to let them know at 4-5cm dilated... I don't know when that even was!

I was moved straight into a delivery room and stage 2 took about an hour (although it doesn't feel like it at all!). Finally got some gas and air and the MWs left the birth to go naturally. At 11.31am (the time they told me to return for my BP to be checked!), Thomas was born :)

I suffered 3rd degree tears and so shortly after the birth I was taken away, given a spinal (to be fair, not as bad as I thought it would be/feel) and stitched up. I'm now on a cocktail of drugs and have sexy surgical stockings that I have to wear for 6 weeks (plus blood thinning injections every day) and my legs and feet are swollen quite a bit, so with those and the uncomfortableness of sitting, it's not been overly easy.

However, it was all worth it and Thomas is amazing. We had a couple of long nights when we first came home on Tuesday, possibly different environment plus just the standard worries going through my mind (room temp etc. etc.), however we're getting there and I got about 5 hours sleep in total for the last couple of nights so starting to feel a bit more human!

Breast feeding is going well, although makes my head really trippy! We were on a 3 hour feeding routine as that's what the hospital said plus he's got the fairly common jaundice from BF, but that's starting to go now and we've found that 3 hours is too often for him so moved up to 3.5 hours and it seems to be working better (he's a bit more alert for feeding!). We're already getting him into a routine, possibly made easier as he sleeps lots and just feeds, has a brief look about and goes back to sleep! I just need to learn to have a nap during the day.

A few more pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpg
    IMG_1652.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 78
  • iPhone 493.jpg
    iPhone 493.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 81
Wow go you!!! That is one hell of a birth story.....lucky they didn't send you back home without checking or else Thomas would have been born on the back seat!!! lol

Hope you start feeling better yourself soon, and he's an absolutely adorable baby boy! xxx

amazing birth story Sarah - so weird how different each person's experience is! Such a shame you had 3rd degree tear and have such pain and discomfort now though. Thomas really is gorgeous though - I bet you just want to look at him all day! I know I would!

Back