So what IS allowed?

I know I can have black tea/coffee and peppermint tea, but what else is allowed? Also, can anyone explain to me why plain, sparkling water isn't allowed?

Hi there,
As far as I know plain sparkling water is fine but not the sparkling flavoured water you can get.
I always drink the sparkling as hate normal tap water.
As for what else is allowed, nothing else on 100% but the items you have listed!!! ( any flavoured teas are OK just not the fruit ones)
x x x

Thanks, that'll make it much easier. I like to still go out with friends and a sparkling water makes me feel like I'm joining in, lol.

Thanks, that'll make it much easier. I like to still go out with friends and a sparkling water makes me feel like I'm joining in, lol.

Plenty of ice but NO lemon!!!
x x x

Does anyone know if tea is included in the 3-4litres required? or do you have to drink 3-4 litres of plain water and tea is an addition?
xxx :)

Tea and coffee don't count towards your fluid intake, peppermint tea apparently does because it doesn't have caffeine.

Get some de-caf tea and coffee and then you can count them x

I hope you are wrong about tea and coffee not counting because I only have coffee and nothing else! I have approx 2.5 litres of coffee per day - sometimes more never less but no other fluids whatsover and after 6 months and 12st gone I feel fine.

Caffeine dehydrates not rehydrates you thats why you can't count it. However, if you feel okay then it's not really a problem, you will know if you are dehydrated.
2.5 litres of coffee is a heck of a lot of caffeine a day! :eek:
If you are not eating anything other than shakes too, it is probably not doing good things to your stomach.

Hi all, it's my day 1 tomorrow, hopefully I can get through it, I can't fail at yet another diet, hopefully this time it'll help me to re educate my eating habits once and for all,

Hi Jdav51
I'm starting again today!!!
Best of luck and remember, we are all doing this together for the same reasons. When ever you need support or just someone to understand how you feel, pop on here and say hi!!!
Keep smiling through the hard, first week and it does get easier.
x x x

Hi Jdav51 and TraceyAnne. Good luck to both of you! I've stopped and started, but you only fail when you stop trying, so stick with it! Here's to a slim 2012 for all of us. X

Caffeine dehydrates not rehydrates you thats why you can't count it. However, if you feel okay then it's not really a problem, you will know if you are dehydrated.
2.5 litres of coffee is a heck of a lot of caffeine a day! :eek:
If you are not eating anything other than shakes too, it is probably not doing good things to your stomach.

Well I have been doing the same thing since day 1 and I have lost 12st and am healthy (so far as I know!) I have changed to decaffeinated coffee this week but other than that no problems. I am not sure that I have ever heard that caffeine is a diuretic or that is causes any type of dehydration but I am willing to learn. I know that recent research has shown that ANY fluid is as good for hydration as water ( tea in particular) so hopefully I will be fine. As to my stomach, well it sure makes a lot of noise and has done throughout but I have had no issues with pains , constipation or anything else so something is OK.!

Back