So what made you decide to join Slimming World

Barmel

Silver Member
Just being nosey and all that lol

What was the one main reason that you joined slimming world

My reason cause I wanna a yummy mummy. Its taken nearly 9 years for me to get to where I am (2 kids 4 & nearly 9) and I wanna run about with them without huffing & puffing. I am doing it for me and me only even tho my husband is 75% on board too.

Not being able to get on a ride at Alton Towers as the bar wouldn't close
And also my size 22 trousers were getting too tight

Not being able to get on a ride at Alton Towers as the bar wouldn't close
And also my size 22 trousers were getting too tight

wow looking at your stats, you seem to have done amazing in a short space of time, keep it up :)

Now have the two kiddies I want the youngest is 4months, and after loosing 30lbs post pregnancy need to keep loosing to improve my health. I'm a size 20/22 at the mo as my shape changed a lot after my second pregnancy and I saw a horrifying photo of myself this week and that's given me the push to rejoin sw and keep it up!

Having done a week long stint in hospital recently for an asthma attack as well has made me realise I need to be there for them both and I'm not indestructible! My asthma has certainly worsened since my emergency cesarean.

Being a fat bap for far too long and ignoring it. My friend persuaded me to join as she wouldn't shut up about how brilliant SW is for people who love food and cooking :D

For me it was simple - if I don't lose weight I'll never have kids. Just under 3st to go until I lose enough weight to be put on the IVF waiting list.

I'm struggling a bit at the moment and SW is not currently my best friend but there's no way I would have got this far without SW and my group. Losing weight (or not at the moment!) is making me pretty miserable though so I'm probably not a great example for SW currently!

i've pretty much been overweight my whole life and one night at a works party (november 2010) someone took a photo of me and i was horrified by how i was twice the size of everyone else.. my sister had done slimming world years before and did well, and she had put weight back on since then.. we sat down coming up to xmas and made the decission to do it together as a new years resolution.

i like s.w because nothing is off limits as long as you keep an eye on your syns you will be ok :)

love hearing these stories and how motivated we all are :) keep up the fab work everyone you are all doing great xxx

My story is that I stopped smoking January 2012 and used the stop smoking clinic at my doctors. My blood pressure was higher than it should have been and so I had to have a full medical MOT ! Urine samples, ECG, blood tests, home blood pressure monitor to see if it was just high when I was in the surgery, it was awful! Felt like a piece of meat and that was it. I thought if I don't get rid of this weight now I. Gonna end up with all the weight related problems. So here I am!

Holiday photos from mexico....i was over 18 stone at that first weigh in.....now back in the 14's and heading for the 13's! I did lose 5.5 for my wedding but regained 5 when pregnant! So got to lose the rest again now! Xx

I lost just short of 3 stone last year following slimming world. Got to target and had to buy a whole new wardrobe of size 8-10 clothes... Sadly they are all hanging in my wardrobe and I can no longer fit into any of them so I have rejoined to do it all over again!

I will get back into all my beautiful slinky clothes :D

Health matters. I have rheumatism, high blood pressure and my parents both had diabetes. My mum has a lot of health problems including bowel cancer at the moment and also her legs are really swollen and she can hardly walk. I am very concerned that like her if I do not do something soon I will end up wheelchair bound like her.

Plus I hate my jelly belly and rolls of flab! It would also be nice to only own one chin!

Back