So whats your routine with your food packs?

Pinks, your tastes change all the way through, what I liked at first I couldnt stand after a while, etc etc, The banana and strawberry rock, both as cold or hot shakes, have you tried the vanilla with coffee?? I often do that, but weirdly am having a vanilla passion at the moment, especially cold like a frappucino!!

Lucie, I mixed the porridge with boiling water, prob about 250 ml maybe a little more, nuked it, for a minute, then prob about another 30 or 40 sec, got perfect porridge consistency, but I did need to let it stand for a minute or 2.

J
xx

Ok people! If you're sure!! ;)

I'll try the bananananananana and the strawb next week! :)

Oh, and J... that's a good tip about the porridge. I try to use more water in all my packs, to up my total water intake over the day, but then it does turn out like porridge soup, as Lucie said! I will try the extra nuking, and standing... should help! Thanks chef! ;)

xx

Last edited:
I mix things up a bit but my times are always the same. A pack before work at 8, one between 12-1, one at 5ish and one at 8.

Atm I'm having three shakes and a soup at 5 xx

I'm like you Pinkie, I don't like artificial strawberry or banana flavours either.
I've steered away from them too. Maybe I'll give them a try this week
:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:
(can't find a strawberry)
But then, maybe I won't !

I love the vanilla, thai chilli and chocolate. Can just about manage the Vegetable with tabasco and salt added.
Oh, and the porridge is good, but seems to wake up my appetite.

I'm a good girl at work and so am not bothered about not eating in the morning. My 'hard' time is after I pick my little ones up and so I have mine at 1.30 - 3.30 - 5.30 and then about 8.00. I tend to have shake, shake, mousse soup. I have gone off the bars x

Hey. If it helps burn the fat im all for it lol

Shake it baby!! Can't do any harm!! LOL! ;)

xx

Pinkie :) said:
I quite like the porridge... although if i make it too thick, it makes me feel a bit sick...

This worries me though, as this is what started happening with the vanilla shake... it started to gross me out every so often... and now I can't even bare the smell of it!

i have never tried the strawberry or the banana... as in 'real life' am not keen on the artificial versions of either... however, the packs I like are getting a bit thin on the ground now... so maybe I should try them next week!

xx

Have you tried the vanilla with coffee as a mousse pinkie? One of my favorites and quite filling!

Sexy xx

I tend to have a variety of packs every week.
8am- porridge or shake
12pm- thai or chicken soup
4pm-peanut,nut fudge or cranberry bar
7pm-vanilla/coffee,strawberry or banana mousse.

Sexy xx

Hi all,

I usually wait until about 1-2pm for lunch (usually Thai Chilli soup), then I have either a vanilla milkshake or soup for my dinner at about 5pm. My real treat is my late evening 'snack' - hot vanilla milkshake and a nut fudge bar...I really look forward to this and it still feels like a real treat for me :eek:)

Pink x

My routine is pretty similar during the week:

Breakfast - vanilla with coffees (try to make the vanilla last all day at work)
Lunch - Soup or shake
Dinner - Soup / Chilli
Supper - Bar

I like all of the shakes (not too keen on the banana but it's good for a change). The vanilla is coffee has been a revelation!
The porridge just makes me gag - tastes fine but I can't go the texture, I can't eat normal porridge so no great loss.
As for the soups they are all fine apart from the vegetable which I think is awful! Got another one to have this week not looking forward to that. Had two of the chillis over the weekend and it's brilliant. Will be getting more of them this week, although not too many as I really don't want to get bored of any.
On the bar front I really don't like the lemon or toffee. The peanut one and the fudge one are fine, and will try the cranberry this week.

I'm so impressed with everyone who seems able to keep their bars for the evenings!

I have mine first thing, as like them so much more than the packs!... and even then, I only allow myself one every other day... as have heard they can slow down weight loss due to having slightly more carbs in than the shakes...

Not meaning to panic anyone, it's just a personal choice as my weight loss is slower than I'd like anyway... so willing to try anything tbh!

However... I plan on having one every day after my next WI, as feel I'm depriving myself and am so bored of the packs now... so, will try for a week and see if it has a negative effect...

For those who haven't seen it, apparently there's a fab recipe which works wonders with the lemon bar! Not tried it as not had the lemon one yet, but plan to pick some up next WI!

Here it is (copied from the 'lighterlifecommunity' forum, courtesy of 'Bigsis'):

"I can now get between 30 - 50 mini lemon biscuits from one lemon bar - try it!!!!!

Here's how to do it....

Unwrap your bar, turn it upside down on a chopping board.

Cut it length ways with a sharp knife,

Then if you look closely you should see faint lines going widthways along the bar. Cut along thes faint lines, and you should have approx 30 tiny pieces.

Put these on your microwave turntable (ideally put some telflon paper on first if you have any) Make sure you lie the pieces on their sides so the fondant icing is around the sides of the pieces, not the top.

Microwave them for 1 minute 30 seconds (if you have a 800w microwave) less if yours is 1000w.

I love to watch them as they cook... you will see the tiny pieces expand to 3-4 times their original size. They won't turn brown unless you've microwaved them too long - then they are burnt!!!!

I find if I have abar as it is.... it's eaten in approx 10 bites. Whereas I end up with loads of biscuits. In fact, I have now adapted my recipe so when cutting my bar up I get 50 tiny thin pieces... yes 50 pieces.. I still cook them for 1 minute 30 seconds and I end up with 50 mini lemon chewy biscuits.

I store them in an airtight tub in the fridge and take a tub with me whenever I go out, eg the pub, pictures, day out, work meetings, anywhere where there's a buffet etc. Ideal if you won't be able to mix up a food pack. Or..... sometimes I have a tub with a cuppa when I'm at home watching TV or blogging on this site. I love them... and think that's what's helped me on my LL journey so far... a food that I can chew/bite on.

I make sure I only have one bar worth of biscuits a day.

I tend to make all my bars into biscuits on the day I return home with my new supplies of foodpack/bars. So I have a shelf in my fridge with tubs of biscuits... all ready and waiting for me.. when I need them.

Luv Bigsis ... now Littlesis x"

Good luck! :) xx

I love the bars and I have one everday. To be honest I've heard ppl saying it slows down the weight loss but when I asked my LLC about it, she said there is no scientifical proof of that!
I don't know.. I've had a bar everyday from the first week of my LL journey and I've been fine!
I treat them as a treat, something I can look forward to while being on an already severly depriving diet!
With regards to making them into bisquits.
Sounds yummy, the only problem with that is that cooking them in a microwave kills most of the vitamins and nutriens so I'd be really careful with that as you might deprive yourself of essential nutriens your body needs..

Wow pinkie they sound delicious,will have to give that a try.
You can also do the shake by mixing to a paste,then spreading on a plate,cook in microwave the same then peel off with a spatula(looks like a large poppadam),then break up into pieces like eating biscuits yum!
Have then as a treat.

Sexy xx

Oh yeah... cheers mags... I'd forgotten about the cooking making them lose the nutrients... Hmm, well, will just try it on the odd day then, as does sound yummy and nice for a change...

And thanks for the first hand advice about how they've not effected you, and what you LLC said! That sealed it then... gonna have one every day after next WI then... They do add something needed, to an otherwise pretty deprived diet, as you say! :)

I don't need to be a martyr! They are there, and I'm allowed them... so, why not have them! x

Ooh, yeah... cheers Sexychick! I do that with half my soup packs occasionally... but not with the shakes... again, don't want to lose too much nutrients, but equally, will go mad if I don't shake it up a bit! (pardon the pun!) ;)

xx

I only allow myself one every other day... as have heard they can slow down weight loss due to having slightly more carbs in than the shakes...

My LLC said that the reason you should limit the quantity of bars is because they have an ingredient that can upset your stomach if you have too much of it.

I don't think there is evidence of the bars affecting your losses. I've had 1 every day and have lost successfully (when I've not cheated!!):ashamed0005:

I cannot WAIT to start the bars!! lol I think i will try the biscuit idea too for a bit of a change every now & then!

Well I think after 3 days im already starting to form a bit of a routine! morning i have a shake, around 1ish i have a soup or porridge then at about 5-6 I have another shake then porridge near bedtime! I think when I have the bars I will have them early evening!

Lucie xxx

My LLC said that the reason you should limit the quantity of bars is because they have an ingredient that can upset your stomach if you have too much of it.

I don't think there is evidence of the bars affecting your losses. I've had 1 every day and have lost successfully (when I've not cheated!!):ashamed0005:
Oh yeah? Cheers Jen... will defo try them everyday for sure then!

How exciting! :D

xx

Back