LL newbie, help with what is a food pack and what is an extra

Apache rose

So I know the porridge, meals and shakes are food packs. But are the bars counted in that? So if I had 4 food packs a day could I have a bar aswel? Only on my second day and struggling 🙈

So I know the porridge, meals and shakes are food packs. But are the bars counted in that? So if I had 4 food packs a day could I have a bar aswel? Only on my second day and struggling 🙈[/QUOTE

Hiya

You can have any combination of 4 packs a day even 4 bars a day if you wanted. The only thing you can’t have more than 1 a day it is the fast pots and the higher calorie meal replacement bars - chocolate raisin or chocolate hazelnut. If you have a chocolate raisin bar for example you could still have 3 of the standard bars a day eg nut fudge, crispy peanut or toffee. Hope this helps. Hang in there LL works well. I’ve lost 10 stone 3 1/2lbs :)

Thanks aligal :)
It’s madness done LL before kept it off for 3 years was ill put on steroids gained some weight from that, started working unsociable hours and relying on junk food and weight crept back up. Instead of doing something about it I let it go and sort of gave up I guess. Jan 13th this year decided to go for it again, can’t get to a group so just buy from LL direct and do it self managed. I’ve found it easier this time than first time round which is bizzare!! I think it helps that the foodpacks have changed there’s more variety now. Everyday I have the salted caramel bar from Superdrug LL range I then have a mug cake and a pasta carbonara, spag Bol, three cheese pasta (discontinued but I bought all the remaining stock lol) or chilli for tea plus a LL jelly everyday and then I have a shake, bar, mug cake or porridge in the evening. Weight loss has been far quicker than last time despite me having almost 700 cals a day on LL Now compared to the 400 odd last time. I’ve gone from a size 28 to 12 in 30 weeks 😳 still overweight on BMI charts though lol. I’m also doing a walk marathon of 42km in September which I’ve been training for and am raising money for bowel cancer research. On holiday end of August - staying on plan no desire at all to let go for 10 days which I did last time round. Mindset this time is completely different. Off to RTM after marathon :) I’ll attach my before and afters so far :) first pic taken 27/10/17 second pic taken 10/08/18

Debs x

Attachments

• A6C1432E-3BA1-4E3D-BA1C-AE2A30A6681E.jpeg
    A6C1432E-3BA1-4E3D-BA1C-AE2A30A6681E.jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 53638E5E-7997-4FF4-B846-5169361DD512.jpeg
    53638E5E-7997-4FF4-B846-5169361DD512.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
It’s madness done LL before kept it off for 3 years was ill put on steroids gained some weight from that, started working unsociable hours and relying on junk food and weight crept back up. Instead of doing something about it I let it go and sort of gave up I guess. Jan 13th this year decided to go for it again, can’t get to a group so just buy from LL direct and do it self managed. I’ve found it easier this time than first time round which is bizzare!! I think it helps that the foodpacks have changed there’s more variety now. Everyday I have the salted caramel bar from Superdrug LL range I then have a mug cake and a pasta carbonara, spag Bol, three cheese pasta (discontinued but I bought all the remaining stock lol) or chilli for tea plus a LL jelly everyday and then I have a shake, bar, mug cake or porridge in the evening. Weight loss has been far quicker than last time despite me having almost 700 cals a day on LL Now compared to the 400 odd last time. I’ve gone from a size 28 to 12 in 30 weeks 😳 still overweight on BMI charts though lol. I’m also doing a walk marathon of 42km in September which I’ve been training for and am raising money for bowel cancer research. On holiday end of August - staying on plan no desire at all to let go for 10 days which I did last time round. Mindset this time is completely different. Off to RTM after marathon :) I’ll attach my before and afters so far :) first pic taken 27/10/17 second pic taken 10/08/18

Debs x

Attachments

• E250754C-D1C1-45FB-9CEA-DE908AA38062.png
    E250754C-D1C1-45FB-9CEA-DE908AA38062.png
    9 MB · Views: 29
  • CAD78052-F3A4-4705-A856-AFF8E8035156.jpeg
    CAD78052-F3A4-4705-A856-AFF8E8035156.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I’m in the bottom group of pictures in the navy blue and white tent with blonde hair again pic taken on 27/10/17 at the Racing Post Betting Shop Manager of the year semi finals at Doncaster race course. The second picture is me in a Cath Kidston size 12 crepe zip up tea dress on 10/08/18 and weight then was 12 stone 11. Get weighed again this Friday. Madness my BMI says I’m overweight when I’m in size 12’s now but my goal is to get down to a healthy BMI so will keep going. I do a lot of exercise for the marathon training and have quite muscley legs which may be deceiving on scales don’t know but am happy to have changed so much in such a short time and I’m looking forwards to starting management. I still have my old RTM books but it’s changed since then so as this is a new start and what’s in the past is in the past I bought the new books to follow this time round :) I even bought the new starter pack on day 1 and a new personal record book to fill in I just do it all myself self managed with mentor support I don’t even do the telephone groups. Can’t believe I’ve achieved so much in such a short time. LL and any VLCD is life changing it just takes work and commitment and the realisation that changes need to be made long term to stay at your new slimmer lighter you :) can’t wait for the next step which is route to management then management for life that’s where the journey begins. Doing LL is just the means to get the weight off once it’s off it’s down to me :)

Good luck everyone on your joirneys

Deb x

Debs x
Wow! Such inspiring photos. That is truly fantastic and doing a walk marathon also! This is brilliant.

WOW!

You look fantastic!:winner:

Congratulations again and you are inspirational...just shows what can be achieved when you get your head in the right place.

Very impressed with your exercise and marthon training...well done you:0clapper:

WOW!

You look fantastic!:winner:

Congratulations again and you are inspirational...just shows what can be achieved when you get your head in the right place.

Very impressed with your exercise and marthon training...well done you:0clapper:

Thank you all. It is a mental battle in the beginning with any diet but whats more important? Being healthy happy and able to wear nice clothes or continuing eating the foods that made you so unhappy in the first place. That’s what kept me going that and not worrying about the time it would take to lose the weight I wanted to lose. Time passes regardless of whether I’m on a diet or not so i told myself what would you rather have the time passing and losing weight each week or the time passing and being the same size or bigger and still as unhappy and uncomfortable and then it puts it back another year etc etc. Im so proud of my achievements on LL and I’m happy right now so happy!

Debs x

Thank you all. It is a mental battle in the beginning with any diet but whats more important? Being healthy happy and able to wear nice clothes or continuing eating the foods that made you so unhappy in the first place. That’s what kept me going that and not worrying about the time it would take to lose the weight I wanted to lose. Time passes regardless of whether I’m on a diet or not so i told myself what would you rather have the time passing and losing weight each week or the time passing and being the same size or bigger and still as unhappy and uncomfortable and then it puts it back another year etc etc. Im so proud of my achievements on LL and I’m happy right now so happy!

Debs x
Brilliant! Stay on track with maintaining - so you can continue to inspire us!

One of my objectives this year is to learn from those ahead on how to slinky this time. One lesson already learnt is importance of continuing to post here weekly/monthly on weigh in. I don't have anyone in my life that I'd fess up to about how heavy I have become (and still am......)

Brilliant! Stay on track with maintaining - so you can continue to inspire us!

One of my objectives this year is to learn from those ahead on how to slinky this time. One lesson already learnt is importance of continuing to post here weekly/monthly on weigh in. I don't have anyone in my life that I'd fess up to about how heavy I have become (and still am......)

I will stay on track with maintaining I can’t go back to how I was :-( food isn’t an issue for me now I don’t miss anything I don’t feel it’s unfair I’m not eating i am eating I’m just having packet food! If I have flavoured rice it was in a packet what’s so different with LL that’s how I see it. Last time all I could think about was what I could eat when I finished the plan this time I don’t think like that. I only want what my body needs not what I think I need if that makes sense? My whole mindset has changed now I have this sort of calmness over me and it’s great but frightening too lol. I really think I’ll maintain for good this time. Last time I maintained for 3 years and I know why I gained weight. In a way I’m so glad I came back for round 2 as I feel I learned so much from last time and in between coming back a second time. I don’t see it as failure it’s so bizzare!

You can achieve your goals too :) this is life changing it does take a couple of weeks for it to become a new habit and from there apart from the odd mental battle it becomes easy. Every mental battle you overcome makes you stronger and you feel so proud of yourself and that gives you more desire to continue on and complete the journey. That’s how I’ve felt anyway xx

I will stay on track with maintaining I can’t go back to how I was :-( food isn’t an issue for me now I don’t miss anything I don’t feel it’s unfair I’m not eating i am eating I’m just having packet food! If I have flavoured rice it was in a packet what’s so different with LL that’s how I see it. Last time all I could think about was what I could eat when I finished the plan this time I don’t think like that. I only want what my body needs not what I think I need if that makes sense? My whole mindset has changed now I have this sort of calmness over me and it’s great but frightening too lol. I really think I’ll maintain for good this time. Last time I maintained for 3 years and I know why I gained weight. In a way I’m so glad I came back for round 2 as I feel I learned so much from last time and in between coming back a second time. I don’t see it as failure it’s so bizzare!

You can achieve your goals too :) this is life changing it does take a couple of weeks for it to become a new habit and from there apart from the odd mental battle it becomes easy. Every mental battle you overcome makes you stronger and you feel so proud of yourself and that gives you more desire to continue on and complete the journey. That’s how I’ve felt anyway xx

It took me years to start again and I don’t think either if only I’d done this then. Everything happens for a reason and this time was the right time and here I am now about to step into management and with all the doom mongers saying you’ve lost enough now stop dieting 🙈 I’m still BMI overweight! Lol x

Stick to what you know, hun. Get to your goal. And let us know how it goes as you are an inspiration!

Stick to what you know, hun. Get to your goal. And let us know how it goes as you are an inspiration!

Bless you for saying that it’s really sweet 😊😘 will
Let you know how management goes and of course before that the marathon walk :) did 20km yesterday and only 13.5km today as it was a rest day but once I get walking I forget that lol. Love walking I walk everywhere now x

Debs I love the way you are thinking this out in such a positive healthy way.

Never mind the doom mongers, you will know yourself what weight is right for you.

Debs I love the way you are thinking this out in such a positive healthy way.

Never mind the doom mongers, you will know yourself what weight is right for you.

Thanks mini :) I will still have things of course I will like any normal slim person but the difference is it stops and normality continues around it. Before anything with the word bad associated with it which is rubbish as no food is bad I’d feel guilty and eat the whole house then feel guilty the next day and restrict so much I couldn’t keep it up then back to eating the whole house lol. My light bulb moment was before doing LL I was working and had a popular baking chain opposite the shop I was in and I thought last day of food have x y z when I went in there I got a soup and a bottle of water and it was only when I finished it that I realised what I’d done I’d chosen something I enjoyed just as much without the empty calories and without the final hurrah and pig out it was then I knew in my heart things were going to be different with my thinking second time round :) when you go to restaurants for example there’s lots of slim people eating a three course meal do they question what they’re eating? No. do they feel guilty for it? No. Do they get up the next day panicking that they’ve enjoyed themselves or even think about the day before? No. That’s the difference and for me it’s food is just to fuel your body you can enjoy yourself but the rest of the time you make sensible choices. I’m not going to eat rabbit food for the rest of my life but nor am I going to eat rubbish and junk too I’ll have a balance of the both with the junky stuff in moderation. I’ve also taken up exercise I enjoy because I enjoy it not to lose more weight as I won’t continue it in management. Walking I love fresh air I love it isn’t exercise to me it’s just my me time. It will continue in management does all this rambling Make sense? LL is just what I’m using to lose the weight it’s a means to an end but it’s given me that space to look at myself look at habits and look at what to change long term. It has to change or I’ll get back to where I was and I don’t want to be unhealthy. Last time it was all about being a certain size looking small it wasn’t health that was the reason for losing weight. I really believe in my heart the old me is not coming back it’s a part of my life I’m grateful for as without it I wouldn’t be where I am now.

Debs x

I’m still BMI overweight! Lol x
For what it's worth, my doc has given me a target just over a BMI of 33. Given how long I've been super obese, it makes sense to go for something that's long term sustainable - and just a bit higher than I was in my early twenties.

I think people are so used to us big that their normal meter is off. Normal for me will probably be low 30s BMI> size 12-14.

For what it's worth, my doc has given me a target just over a BMI of 33. Given how long I've been super obese, it makes sense to go for something that's long term sustainable - and just a bit higher than I was in my early twenties.

I think people are so used to us big that their normal meter is off. Normal for me will probably be low 30s BMI> size 12-14.

Great that your dr agrees with higher BMI target that’s great news and like you say for you that is more sustainable :)

We will all get to goal and maintain :)

It’s also great to see more activity on the LL section here :)

I get weighed tomorrow not expecting anything a loss is a loss whatever it is so I’m happy :)

Deb x

Back