Red Days so where are the 'only red' people???

I tend to use my 2nd HeB on potato most evenings. I used to hate the skin on a potato but I usually scrub it, then prick it & place in the microwave for 5 mins. Then slice it, sprinkle with seasoning & bake for 20 mins. The skin is actually the yummiest part...all nice & crispy. I know that most people would probably wonder why I just dont do EE but this way I can control my carb portions better which seems to work for me ( nothing beats a HUGE plate of rice!!! lol):rolleyes:

I also do a lot of red, perhaps 6 red days to 1 green. My c told me to do ee for a while, but still struggle with the veg thing and I love my extra HE's. Hope yr going on OK there are quite a few of us red girls I think. It seems to be a bit forgotten as S W are actively pushing ee. There dont seem to be a lot of recipes on red and green, there really should be more I think in the mag. What do others think?

I tend to use my 2nd HeB on potato most evenings. I used to hate the skin on a potato but I usually scrub it, then prick it & place in the microwave for 5 mins. Then slice it, sprinkle with seasoning & bake for 20 mins. The skin is actually the yummiest part...all nice & crispy. I know that most people would probably wonder why I just dont do EE but this way I can control my carb portions better which seems to work for me ( nothing beats a HUGE plate of rice!!! lol):rolleyes:
Totally agree, doing a green day chilli today (HEB mince) with loads of rice. Love the brown basmati, but cant find anywhere which stocks it anymore? Can anyone help, and thanks for the good idea re potatoes, I also use my HEB for spuds most nights as well.

Yes definately would be great to see more red recipes. I think I read somewhere in the latest mag that they would be alternating the recipes in future issues between red, green & EE which would be good. What I tend to get stuck on is lunch ideas when on the go. The gammon & egg loaf was great but would just love a few more to add a bit of variety. Thankfully I work from home most days so its not too much of a problem for me but I do think it must be a nightmare for others

I've never came across brown basmati but will keep an eye out :)

am i right that when you do red/green you do not have to have the 1/3rd superfree with the meals, i know it helps but i do struggle with that most of the time
thanks

I try to do more Red days than anything else as my losses are so much better with Red, but it's just a bit too expensive to have them all the time. I usually have 3-4 red days, 1-2 EE days and 2-3 green days each week.

Last edited:
am i right that when you do red/green you do not have to have the 1/3rd superfree with the meals, i know it helps but i do struggle with that most of the time
thanks

Yes, but you have to syn/HEX your meat. You do get 2 extra HEX's though. tbh eating lots of Superfree stuff gets the weight off though, there's no way round it.

I usually eat my superfree first before whatever yummy thing I've cooked. (I usually go Green). Obviously Ill still eat all of it but doing it this way means I've forced myself to fill up on superfree before Im allowed to have the tasty bit of the meal that I really want, so once Ive finished Im absolutely stuffed and couldn't fit another thing in. If I ate the tasty bit first I probably wouldn't finish all my veggies and wouldn't be totally stuffed full - then Id end up pecking at synful bits and pieces later.

Tonight I'm having stuffed chicken with broccoli, carrot and asparagus, so Ill eat the veg first and the chicken last. It probably sounds a bit weird :D but it really works for me :)

I'm going to be doing mostly red days :) x

Yes definately would be great to see more red recipes. I think I read somewhere in the latest mag that they would be alternating the recipes in future issues between red, green & EE which would be good. What I tend to get stuck on is lunch ideas when on the go. The gammon & egg loaf was great but would just love a few more to add a bit of variety. Thankfully I work from home most days so its not too much of a problem for me but I do think it must be a nightmare for others
I find lunches difficult too, often resorting to an egg based lunch like poached egg,scrambled cheesey egg, or boiled egg, quite often have tinned tuna and tomatoe (dont like salad so ee a real problem for me). I dont work so it is a bit easier from that respect like you as I am at home most of the time.

Lunch times I quite often have a tuna jacket use the jacket as a heb and tuna free :) x

I was looking through the boards on saturday to find some Red threads but coulnd't find any.

Ive started on ee but ive just totally fallen off the wagon completely and I think red days will help me not to over eat on potatos, rice and pasta etc - I can eat a huge mountain of mash!! oops

Thanks for this thread, I shell be having a nose at your food diaries for some inspiration :)

Lunch time i generally have a wholemeal roll packed with ham or chicken and salad, yog and fruit. Now i'm over the tired bit i hope i think all will be okay. As pp said i too was on ee and i needed reining in and i'm happy after my first week and hope to continue. And yes re recipes, def should be more red. I wanna try the pork loin in this months mag.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Scrambled eggs & bacon are a favourite of mine for lunch & like Hollys nan lunches are usually egg based as I like to have my all bran for breakfast & save my 2nd HeB for potatoes at tea time.

I made the mistake of buying weetabix minis this week (can't find the choc big ones) and for 2 hexb i got 15 measley bits! Gutted. Offto asda tomorrow, any great ideas for asda i should know? Ww brown bread is a must. 3x for a hexb so i will be stocking up. I love club sarnies with meat in the bottom bit and salad at the top :)

I think at Asda there is a some low syn RED foods to pick up -

Frozen Sliced beef in gravy - free on RED
Extra Special Lamb Shanks chilled - free on RED
Chilled Fresh Taste Salmon in a creamy chedder and spinach sauce - free on RED

EDIT - i got this info from the Food Directory 2010 version.

xxx

Yeah i have the food directory, low syn,syn free books. Book junkie!lol although last time i felt a right idiot wandering round with a book trting to look stuff up. Need to sit me down and write i reckon. Don't do lamb in any form. Tastes well, lamby!lol (obviously eh?!) asda is a bit of a way away so i don't go much. Tesco and sainsburys are nearer but i do like to pop over to asda to stock up or te kids mainly. And lazy veg :)

I think at Asda there is a some low syn RED foods to pick up -

Frozen Sliced beef in gravy - free on RED
Extra Special Lamb Shanks chilled - free on RED
Chilled Fresh Taste Salmon in a creamy chedder and spinach sauce - free on RED

EDIT - i got this info from the Food Directory 2010 version.

xxx
Which frozen sliced beef is it? What is the weight, thank you for this infor in advance. Also just to add, the lamb shank which is free is the garlic and rosemary chilled one, not the mint one, that is synned. As an addition to this, the lamb shank, again chilled, in Tesco under the Simply Cook range in mint gravy, is free on ee and red! And its yummy, quite often have it.

Yeah i have the food directory, low syn,syn free books. Book junkie!lol although last time i felt a right idiot wandering round with a book trting to look stuff up. Need to sit me down and write i reckon. Don't do lamb in any form. Tastes well, lamby!lol (obviously eh?!) asda is a bit of a way away so i don't go much. Tesco and sainsburys are nearer but i do like to pop over to asda to stock up or te kids mainly. And lazy veg :)

Bit lamby (lol)

hollys nan said:
Bit lamby (lol)

Well. It is! It's a family mystery as to why we don't eat it. We just well, don't. Have tried it but not won over. Lamb has an odd taste i guess :)

Back