Red Days so where are the 'only red' people???

I'm a red girlie!! :eatdrink051:

I couldn't do green it would be a disaster for me with the carbs.

I do plan when I get to maintaining to do EE, or at least introduce pasta with my bolognaise etc

I love red, we eat so much better than we used to and lots of home cooking. I tend to have fried eggs on toast for brekkie, a mixed sald with chicken or prawn and extra light mayo for lunch, then dinner is a syn free SW home cooked meal or a free or very low syn 'ready' meal such as the birds eye simply cook salmon which is delish.

I tend to have fruit to snack on between meals.

I have laughing cow extra light triangles when I remember as I tend to only drink green tea and water.

I think I'm really following more a success express plan, which wasn't intended but on reading up on that plan it seems to be what I'm doing. Usually at least half to 2/3 of my meal is free veg.

Catherine how are u finding ur losses though? I lost 3 1/2lbs last wi but i'm stuck again. Even on red. Weight has gone up 1lb so far which is annoying. Yes shouldn't weigh at home but can't help it!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *4st of me gone since 03/01/2011*

Tinkerbellarella, I'm with you on the lamb....waaaay to 'lamby' for me too!!

Catherine how are u finding ur losses though? I lost 3 1/2lbs last wi but i'm stuck again. Even on red. Weight has gone up 1lb so far which is annoying. Yes shouldn't weigh at home but can't help it!

Are you eating enough? I've lost 11lb since w/c 2 May

I thiNk so. I use the myfitnesspal app to track calories, since about monday. So far averaging about 1100-1200 calories a day. I really can't eat more than i do

sweet pink said:
Tinkerbellarella, I'm with you on the lamb....waaaay to 'lamby' for me too!!

Glad i'm not the only one! ;)

I thiNk so. I use the myfitnesspal app to track calories, since about monday. So far averaging about 1100-1200 calories a day. I really can't eat more than i do

I will be honest I don't even think about calories, as your intake is governed for the large part by the hexa/b, syns, etc etc

I have a friend following the Boots calrie counting diet and to lose 2lb a week she has an allowance of 1450 calories, is it possible 1100-1200 is too low? I'll be honest I don't know much about calorie counting.

I've just seen your sig - you've lost 4st since Jan? Thats a fab loss, maybe youre just slowing down a little. I'd mix things up a bit, have a few more syns then reduce the next week to try and kick your metabolism. I've often found weeks where I have a few more syns I actually get a better loss.

I use that app too & think its fab for recording a food diary. You could just have hit your first plateau. I found that I slowed a bit after I lost 4 stone which was part of the reason I started red days to mix things up a bit. What about exercise?

4 stone since January !!!!!!!
Blimey no wonder you've hit a wall !!!!!
I think maybe you should be well proud that's an amazing loss :)
Keep up the good work .

Whats your average day like food wise? Maybe try success express for a week see if that kick starts things?

Well. It is! It's a family mystery as to why we don't eat it. We just well, don't. Have tried it but not won over. Lamb has an odd taste i guess :)

Oh its my fave meal just love it. Thats one thing I do miss on S W, a lovely crispy fatty roast lamb! Yum baaaaaaa!

Hmmm average day food wise. I should have 3 hexb and 2-3 hexa ( breastfeeding still) not a calorie counter really but was curious after working out that my 'last supper' on my birthday, new years eve 2010 was well over 3500 calories in one sitting! :-O so downloaded the app for curiosity really. Typical ish day for me:

Coffeex2 no sugar (gives me toothache)

Breakfast either 2 weetabix choc and ss milk (hexb+2syns, hexa)or 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms grilled tomatoes 2 slices toast (hexb)

Snack on bananas and fat free yoghurts

Lunch wholemeal roll or 2xbread, chicken or ham salad, yoghurt, fruit

Tea

Chicken and veg type deal

B4 bed 2x options (in one cup! Can't taste it otherwise!) 4 syns

Otherwise syns are sauce, ie tomato, sweet chilli, mayo never over 10 syns in a day

That's a pretty standard day for me. Might throw in the odd weetabix bar thing too now and then. Exercise is often my wii fit, half hour boxing or mega cleaning once the big kids go school. On the go usually 6am- 1am

I'm not an expert but I wonder whether given you're breast feeding 1100 is possibly way too low, it seemed low before but if you aren't eating enough your body goes in to starvation mode.

Do you get hungry in the day?

Maybe increase your syns, even if only on a few days a week.

Other than that what you eat looks kinda similar to my typical day;

Breakfast 2-3 fried eggs in frylight and 3 slices nimble hexb, squirt of ketchup synned

Snack fruit banana

Lunch mixed salad with chicken or prawns and extra light mayo synned

Snack more fruit melon

Evening meal a sw meal or 'ready meal' or birds eye salmon cook in the bag with heaps of roasted veg or salad

Syns I tend to use weekly and use more on the weekend for a drink

I also drink only green tea and water (other than the alcohol on the weekend!!!)

I like to eat as little 'processed' food as possible, it works for me but everyone has to find their own balance.

Personally I think you need to eat more, even if it's free/superfree fruit/veg but dont hold me to that!!

Yeah probably. I've been trying to read up on calorific need etc etc and all other mind boggling bodily requirements but my 2 hr sleep last night brain is not computing well! Odd place right now coz my brain says eat more gain more :/ and i still have a stone and a half to target to go. I did have a chinese the other night mind, beef in black bean sauce and chicken with mushrooms :) when i'm out i generally buy packed proper meat and snack on that, on ee i used to have a lot of sushi as i adore it, but having gone thru the knackered bit changing to red i'd rather stay on red as much as possible. Might try and ee day on tuesdays though (day after wi) see if that helps. Peeved as i am currently almost 2lb heavier than wi last week and it's putting me off food etc

Back