So you need to lose A LOT? Advice.

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
In January, I was a WEMITT. Weighing in at 18st13bls and wearing a size 22. I'm now 7stone lighter and a size 12.
Here are some tips i wish I'd really followed.

What ever diet you're doing, be honest with friends and family, the onlt reason not to be is incase you don't stick to it but now you're a WEMITT, you REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME so be completely honest with everyone, they'll be thrilled for you and wont put temtation in your way. Also, they will be more understanding if you cancel dinner plans etc (incase you're doing a VLCD)

Tone tone tone tone tone!! I can't stress this enough! I hadn't done ANY excercise or toning exercises and by the time I'd lost 5stone my arms and belly looked worse than before!! Buy little weights and do a few minutes every evening, more and more as the muscle tones.
Working out in the gym may show on the scales as muscle is heavier than fat but DO NOT let this put you off, it's well worth it!!

Firming cream! I use Palmers firming cream with Vitemen E for after weight loss and pregnancy, it works for tightening skin and fading streach marks-wish id used it from day one as I swear by it now!!

Cook- I'm doing a VLCD which means no food at all, it suits me great. I can't cook at all but i've spent the last few months preparing myself to be able to whip up healthy stir frys, salads etc for when i come off it. Otherwise id end up back in the land of take aways and convience foods. I've been going to my mams for little cooking lessons, now i can't wait to come up with heathy ideas!

Forever-Scary as it sounds but your life is going to change forever, you'll never eat the same again but you'll enjoy it. You MUST see this as not just a diet but as a total change of way of life. My very best friend dropped me like a hot potatoe when i started because we could no longer go out drinking or binging together, it just shows that some friendships are security things, we clung to each other because we were big-this is not a friendship, she wasn't willing to ring for a chat, go to the pics etc with me and the only time i heard from her was months later when she'd seen pictures of me and wanted to start Lipotrim too. I gave her my complete support, offered her all my different sized clothes to save her buying them as she lost weight and answered all her questions and gave her advice, she was great and thrilled but stopped after a week and now she's gone again, no word. So basicly what I'm trying to say is the friends that stick with you through this are real friends and will stick with you through anything, the ones that wont-aren't worth it!!
Your life WILL change, so be prepared!

Good luck everyone hope parts of this ramble help someone!

xxxx

It's fantastic!! I use it on my boobs, arms, tum and thighs. It has collegen in it and makes your skin glow brilliantly!
I was starting to get alot of loose skin but it's all "snapped back" now and i put it down to that cream. I love it!!!!
x

I get mine in the pharmacy i get my lipotrim but i'm sure boots do it, i've seen the palmers coco butter so i'm sure they do all the palmers stuff.

So is the Palmers Coco butter with vit E, different to the one you are suggesting. Is it a lotion or is it a cream in a tube?

I think thats the same one, I just bought one online and it just says firming butter but the small print mentions vit E and the bottle says its for weight loss & after pregnancy

Well said Daisyhappy!

You're right that it is a life changing situation. A friend of mine passed on a pearl of wisdom from her WW leader ....'If you go back to your old eating habits, then you're old body is waiting for you'........when I'm finding it tough, I try to think of that, and it helps to get me through.

As for the fair weather friends......it hurts at first, but then you think to yourself that they never really were true friends - if they were they would be happy for your achievements. Who needs those kind of people in their lives eh?

Well done on your weight loss - you've had amazing success, and should feel proud as punch!

Thanks for the link:) Do you suggest use as early in the diet as poss or is it better to apply once a bulk of weight has gone?

Sorry for all the questions.

If i could go back in time i would have used nit at least once a day from the very start! not just for firming, my skin just looks great thanks to it!! I really think it's a must and defo defo if you're on a VCDL cos the rate the weight comes off, your skin can't keep up!

Lil K, a massive massive thank you to you. Back in jan, i posted on the LT site saying i had about 9stone to lose and was really really down as i did not think it was possible and you replied showed me WEMITTS and were really encouranging. Thank you so much, i haven't forgotten it, seven stone later. It meant an awful lot!
xxx

Daisyhappy - Thanks for the help. I'll get some tomorrow.

I'm not a vlcd, but it hopefully if I start using it now, as the weight goes my skin will cope.

You have been a total inspiration. Well done on your success to date.

Thanks for doing this thread Daisyhappy :)
When I started this diet last year I weighed 23st 3lbs now I weigh 19st 2lbs and am becoming happier with myself.

Thanks for the tip about the cream too! :D

Lil K, a massive massive thank you to you. Back in jan, i posted on the LT site saying i had about 9stone to lose and was really really down as i did not think it was possible and you replied showed me WEMITTS and were really encouranging. Thank you so much, i haven't forgotten it, seven stone later. It meant an awful lot!
xxx

.....awww thanks hun, brought a lump to my throat as I read that! Glad I could be of some help to you, when you were feeling down.
So pleased for your success, you look fab in your avatar xx

Thankyou DaisyHappy for posting this.. i also have 8 stone to loose.. && just like Lil_K helped you right at the beginning.. i know that posts like this will be helping me!! :) well done for your amazing weight loss hunny!!! x

Och I think I bought the wrong cocoa butter stuff! :(

It says it tones skin, but nothing about weight loss. Oh well, will give it a bash anyway, and get the proper one the next time!:D

Back