So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Thank you tazbabe and Jim, i fell off the wagon last week and only today came to the realisation that i do still have hope and that i CAN lose weight, each and every weight loss story success through atkins here has made me more determined than ever! thank you.. ah will start that diary soon :) much love xxx rb

starting induction

Hiya:D
Im a little confused between counting carbs and people saying have 3 mugs of veg per day.Do you need to add up all the carbs from veg individually when cooking and weigh them or just measure by the mug?? I just want to make sure im doing it right. :confused:

Do you think this sound ok for induction

Breakfast= egg,bacon with mushrooms
lunch= chicken ,salad and mayo full fat
Tea = chicken with a little butter wrapped in parma ham ,veg ??

How much mayo and cream can you have on induction?

Thanks everyone xxx:)

Hi Jenna, There's 2 ways to do it, you can weigh and measure your carbs, or more simply just ensure you have 3 Mugs of chopped green leag veggies a day. :)

I don't eat much cream Jenna, technically anything carb free is unlimited but some people stall on cream, cheese and citrix in drinks

yes it's fine, the processed meat thing was more about salt and health than losing weight Jenna :)

Parma ham isn't processed, it's sliced off a pig. Processed meat has been sliced off, jumbled up with filler and other nonsense and pressed flat again.

Might wanna be careful of the cream too - yes, it's low carb but not no-carb. A few tspns a day can soon add up. :)

I think this may be the way for me to go. I'm doing it with the help of my doctor as I will have to adapt my insulin to the lower carbs but I am sure this will work for me.
Thanks for the great sticky Jim.
How often did you weigh yourself? I'm planning on every monday.

Hi Leanne and welcome, I weighed weekly, every Saturday morning until I finally went into maintenance

Hi there, currently on LL - after I'm down to target weight I intend to switch to a low-carb diet to maintain my weight. Is there much to choose between the variations of low-carb?

I can't comment really, I only did Atkins

Hi there, currently on LL - after I'm down to target weight I intend to switch to a low-carb diet to maintain my weight. Is there much to choose between the variations of low-carb?

The main variation is the amount of carbs 'allowed' on each plan. Atkins is I think the lowest carb plan, 20gs of carbs on induction others vary 40-60gs. Depends on what works for you really. Good luck

Atkins flu? Well forewarned is forearmed.. I was planning on starting this diet tomorrow! Is there anything in the book about this feeling bad phase?

Cant remember what book says but really important to know that it might happen. If you read negative reviews of atkins or talk to people who give up early it's often because of the withdrawal symptoms. Personally i had an awful first week - but then i was totally completely addicted to carbs!! I also went cold turkey on caffeine - which didnt help the headache. Upside is i refuse to ever do it again which helps me resist ;)

So make sure you look after yourself, take it easy and follow induction strictly for the first two weeks. The energy boost is amazing :)

I never seem to get it for some reason, 4 days of induction this week and did 30 day shred every day, only didn't do it after that cos of lack of time. Must be lucky I guess.

Back