So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

:p ha ha !! might leave the jelly and cream till next week to be sure!

for breakfast i had..

2 black farmer sausages..0.2nc each
2 bacon
mushrooms

lunch=
macrel in olive oil
salad leaves
celery
grated cheddar cheese

tea=
chicken breast stuffed with garlic creamcheese
cup of veg...

water..

does that sound ok for day 2? thanks everyone x:)

cracking grommet ! x

I'm sorry to ask this. I've done Atkins before but many years ago and have been following ww ever since. I'm ready for a change and I know I can do it on this plan, but I've forgotten the odd thing and I can't find my book.

When I'm looking at the nutritional info on things, am I looking at the carbohydrates as a total, or the carbohydrates, of which sugars?

Jim's post has reminded me of most things but this is my main question right now.

I must be doing something vaguely right as I've lost 3lbs in 3 days but would like to be sure while I try and figure out where my book is.

Thanks

Hi Kelly

Well done on your loss (but try not to weigh youself more than once a week, as it can go up and down)!

I think it's the total carbs you need to look at, hun - although I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong :)

Thanks.

I've not really been using stuff with packaging at the moment but i do snack a fair bit on seeds and almonds. I'm in the induction stage but I'm trying not to be too strict as I get obsessed easily and it drives me mad.

Yesterday I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, and steak with chicken and mushroom sauce for tea, with a teeny bit of rice, followed by a sf jelly. I had several handfuls of seeds and nuts throughout the day.

Today, so far, I've had lamb steak, a sausage, a lamb burger and a chicken drumstick with salad. I did indulge in a glass of pimms but other than that, I've only had a few almonds and seeds again. Does this sound ok?

No rice, you will never get into ketosis otherwise! Check the carbs on sossies as they can very wildly and go easy on the nuts and seeds as you are not really supposed to have them on induction. Sounds like you could do with some more greens as well.

Welcome to Atkins, good luck xxx

Read Jim's sticky, "So you're thinking of doing Atkins" - it's a very easy to understand way of doing Atkins - and lists all the things you can have on Induction.

No rice, pasta or big carbie items - and like Quak says, best to steer clear of the nuts and seeds. Sorry hun but this is something you can't do half hearted - carbs will stall you bigtime!

LOL, I caught that as well LMAO, nice one Susie :)

Blimey!! i started on Monday never done this before eeeekkkk i have a LOT of weight to lose but have heard good things about the Atkins. i know everyone is different but very roughly how much can u lose, in say 3 months? i need to be excited and have someting to aim for...Thank you in advance from the thin person waiting to get out x

lizelard - when i started i lost 6 lbs in first week, stalled the second then it was usually 1-2 lbs per week, but if you have a lot to lose you could lose 4 lbs per week x

Thank you x how will i know when i hit ketosis? i think at this rate i'm going to be on the first stage for months.....watch out fridge i'm coming your way!!!

erm there is a thread lower on the page thats about ketosis hon. I generally feel like pants going into it and smelly wee. then one day you wake up with masses of energy!!!

Hi All, after sneaking a look in this forum a few times i have decided to take the plunge and give Atkins a go, previously i have been doing ww and sw (not at the same time of course lol)
Today was my first day and i thought it went well until i decided to double check my sums on myfitnesspal. 17g of carbs until i imputted 4 cups of black instant coffee... i had no idea coffee had carbs in it.. a whopping 32g according to myfitness making my intake today 49g :(

Back