So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

I didn't think Coffee had carbs, not unless it had chicory in?

No chicory or anything fancy Jim, just plain black nescafe. There is no nutritional values on the jar for me to confirm what myfitnesspal said, should i take it that the info is wrong?

Wow weird!!!
Products - Our Coffees - NESCAFÉ UK
Seems to have some!
I think it said 9g per 100 gms..both standard and standard decaff the same -- think that's quite a few cups though so negligible daily?

Last edited:
No chicory or anything fancy Jim, just plain black nescafe. There is no nutritional values on the jar for me to confirm what myfitnesspal said, should i take it that the info is wrong?

I don't know, is the answer to that one. I'll just go and check mine.

OK, Nescafe Gold blend decaf is 9G per 100 G, but the jar is only 100g so Neen is right, unless your on a jar a day LOL

I don't think even I could take that much!! I think 100g makes between 30 to 40 cups on average (depending how strong you like it , I think it's about 5grams granules a teaspoon) so you just wouldn't be able to get close to that in one day!!
I feel quite peaky just thinking about it ! Blurgh

Last edited:
Lol, i think thats where I/myfitnesspal went wrong, i put 4 cups as the amount, meaning made up coffee and it must have thought otherwise... What a relief. Thank you :)

Fantastic post Jim. I hadn't realised just how good Atkins could be, and the wide variety of foods you can enjoy. Some really great information here for first time dieters.

This really is a great thread, thank you for posting. Although I have the book, like most people I tend to think I 'know' what I am doing because I read it once! Had forgotten a lot of the allowed veg so will be popping into cheery morrisons on way home tomorrow.

Hugs : )

Thanks guys :)

im thinking about finishing my week stuff on CD then coming on to atkins as i cant afford it any more but what are the losses like? ive lost 18 pounds in a month on CD....

It varies from person to person Holly, after the first couple of big losses, about 7lbs a week for 2 weeks I settled into a steady 2lbs a week with the occasional whooshy of about 5lbs

Its a hard desison for me to make lol I'm doing good on cambridge butttt its pricey and I'm a mum on benifits and struggle as it is, I've been paying for it for a month now and missed packs because I can't afford them but I want to lose 5 stone by xmas.... Then another 4 stone by april next year on cambridge I know that's possible I do get hungry and end up cheating at times as well, what if I was to mix the atkins and cambridge I've been thinking maybe 2 packs a day from CD then a right nice meaty packed meal at night ahhh so much to consider :-/

Hmm, I'm not sure you can mix and match like that, but I'm sure someone knows love

i didnt know it was high carb... no wonder i cant get into ketosis :-/ and im constently starveing! so on atkins what would you eat in a day? just wondering as i love meat :) xx

holly040787 said:
i didnt know it was high carb... no wonder i cant get into ketosis :-/ and im constently starveing! so on atkins what would you eat in a day? just wondering as i love meat :) xx

I think higher carb is appropriate but it is far from a high carb diet, not when you consider that the human body can store something like 180g of carbs a day and with Cambridge you get around 40 - 50 a day depending upon gender and/or height, although it is nearly double the allowed amount on atkins - its far from high carb

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

ohh so its not high carb oh i thort sumone said it was lol, well i ate steak for tea 2night evan tho im on CD i still need to finish my packs b4 decideing what to do properly ill be happy bein on wateva one loses me 5 stone by xmas :) xx

Back