So You're Thinking Of Starting Atkins

Atkins Advantage drinks

Hi Jim,

I have tried many diets (like lot of us) and now about to embark on Atkins.

I just wanted to ask a question - my job is very hectic - limited time to eat etc, so I bought the Atkins Advantage drinks. Would this be ok for my Phase 1 - have 3 aday and an atkins meal in the evening with my children?

At least, then I am doing low-carb and doing the meal??

Look forward to hearing from you and a fitter me.

Regards,

Lainey :confused:

Hi Lainey and welcome. I'm not sure what the current versions of Atkins says about these drinks on Induction. I did the '72 version of atkins in 2001 and S/F & L/C products were not available in the UK at that time

I've heard a lot about his diet, and many celebrities have lost weight thanks to it.. But how can I make sure this diet will help me? Moreover, every weight loss program should include physical activity. Does Atkins' diet require it or it can help to lose weight with food restrictions solely?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the best thing is to read the book, and yes Atkins does recommend some light exercise.

The 20g is everything. You can either follow the rules (meat and cups of veg) and not bother count or count everything. Good luck!

I used the cup method, but actually used a standard coffee mug, as the American cup measure is larger than our normal cups Hannata.

I used the cup method, but actually used a standard coffee mug, as the American cup measure is larger than our normal cups Hannata.

I actually have a UK "cup" spoon thing at home and I did wonder... I was showing my mum the list you posted (thanks by the way, its brilliant) and she was like.... "that's not a lot of salad/veg is it?" and I did wonder...

The UK cup I have is the same size as half of a mug, so 2 of them would be ok as 1 US cup? Hmmmmmm interesting.

Thanks for pointing that out x

Yes I'd double it up as well Hanna

Good luck then, are you starting a diary?

Atkins

Hey Jim that's great .
Im a newbie . I did Atkins 5 years ago and lost 5 stone! I have put it all and more back on having given up smoking and kidding my self ! I need to loose 9 stone - and am on day 2 of ATKINS .
Hope you all post

Thanks Wendywo , it sure is daunting as sooooooooooooooo
much to lose!:8855:
Do you mean a food diary or a weight diary ? or both !

There is a diary section on here, where most people hang out. If you have a stall or eat something you shouldn't, people can have a look through and offer advice.

There is also a weigh-in thread but you could use your diary for this too.

xwendywoox

Good luck AnneP.. I've loads to lose but I'm finding it much easier than most diets as I don't feel deprived and very rarely hungry.
:)

Hey Jim that's great .
Im a newbie . I did Atkins 5 years ago and lost 5 stone! I have put it all and more back on having given up smoking and kidding my self ! I need to loose 9 stone - and am on day 2 of ATKINS .
Hope you all post

Hi Anne, I'll go and see if you have started a diary :)

Hiya, I've just joined.
I bought a copy of "Atkins Diabetes Revolution", which I'm sort-of following.

As in, I try to keep under 20g net carbs per day (usually less, only today I ate an apple which sent me over whoops!), only having the low-carb veg, eating meat and eggs and whatnot.
What I'm not doing is stopping drinking diet coke - I am obsessed with the stuff!
I'm also eating too many of the cooked veg, rather than salad. Though that varies.

Actually so far I'm enjoying it. I have only just started so I have no idea whether it is working, but I was wondering whether the above would mean it won't work?

Also, I feel fine. Actually I feel better than normal. I thought you're supposed to feel awful after starting Atkins? or is that caffeine withdrawal?

Shouldn't it feel more like a diet? I'm enjoying the food!
Just a bit puzzled!

I think it'll be OK Squee, it's not easy to eat salad veggies in this weather anyway. Just see how it goes. :)

Welcome to Atkins :D

Back