***SOCIABLE and SUPPORTIVE SUNDAY DAILY THREAD

Hi Again Ladies --

I am a seriously addicted Chocoholic and I also love nuts -- esp. cashews. My friend in Hawaii sent me Macadamia nuts for Christmas. I know she thinks she was being thoughtful... but the one thing I no longer do is give people food or sweets --that is if I know they have been trying to lose weight or need to.

About 3 years ago I did South Beach for several weeks and lost about 2 stone (of 4 I needed to lose). Then, someone (who knew I was on the diet and had lost 3 stone on it herself) gave me a box of Cadbury Roses for my birthday. I should have given it away -- but I put it in the cupboard thinking I'll use this on Halloween (my birthday is 10 days before Halloween)... well, I had a fight with my teenage son, got stressed, ate almost the whole box in one night (was very ill), and then though blew it and quit the diet. It was 2 years and 2 plus stone back on before I did LL and took off 5. This time I am losing 2 and going to learn how to maintain.

I think giving someone on a diet treats is just as bad as giving a person with a drinking problem a bottle of wine or whatever it is that they drink.

Tomorrow when my DD and DH are out of the house -- I am going to do a clear out and get rid of most of the junk. They might be slim (well, DH could lose a couple of stone) but neither one of them needs to eat rubbish.

MM

MrsE -- Don't you lose money if have not owned the hosue very long? I have spent my whole life moving (military brat and married a military turned gov't contractor) the longest I have ever lived in any one domincile was the 7 years I lived in a rented house in Germany! We own a house in central New York State that we've not lived in for fifteen years! I want to buy something in Florida -- at least that is a place I might be willing to retire.

MM

Lol no depends what you sell..and then buy :) have made hefty profits *thankgoodness* on our first two purchases.... which has put us to where we are now... hubby is more than happyh with it so am i ...but love the whole moving thing! but cant uproot the kids from school lol

Im gonna wait now till they're old enough to live on their own and me & hub can pee off to the states! kids can come if they like haha

Mrs. E --

Any preference on a State? I like North Carolina -- and you fly direct from Charlotte to Gatwick on US airways. You've got beach one way, mountains the other, lots of high tech and other jobs, decent Universities, and are between NY (too cold, expensive) and FL (too hot, too touristy). Asheville, NC is lovely -- but in the mountains.

MM

Ive got a good few years to think about it MM :) kids are only 10 & 7 bless em... im thinking when we're in our 50's (we're early-mid 30's now) so long way off yet..its a nice dream right now!

Lucky you having so much background knowledge on the states x

I think you've got to have a house for 2 years to avoid capital gains tax, is why my aunt buys a house, does it up and moves in then waits until it's been 2 years to start the process again.

After I finish uni and move to wherever I get a job I REFUSE to move again for years!! I'm going to hire a skip soon at my parents and go through all the junk I've got there, especially in their loft and do a big sort out of skip, charity shop, sell and if I absolutely have to, keep. There's stuff that's been in the loft for 4/5 years so I figure it can't be that sentimental or important or useful so it should all go!

I'm not sure I can do Cadbury's World either but it's my niece's birthday and I promised I'd go with her... oh dear.

I've decided I'm going to start keeping a blog again, it helps keep me busy and keeps me focused.

Ive only moved a few times as an 'adult' but cant say i ever enjoyed it! think i might enjoy it more if we could ever afford to get removals people in to do it ALL!!! and i mean pack move and put the boxes in the right rooms for me!! those are the conditions i told the OH i would move in... so far he hasnt mentioned moving.. prob couldnt afford to anyways!

We also have dreams to move abroad, OH was looking at a job in Trinidad, but the kids refused to even consider it! theyre 18,14 and 11, so when the youngest is out on his own we're off! I dont like the climate here, or the taxes!

Cadbury world is like TORTURE!!!! i know i defo couldnt do it... im a sucker for chocolate, especially cadburys, which is why i love the bars so much i expect! although over xmas i did have a bit of cdm from a roses box and found it really really sweet.. suppose you get used to the choc on the bars...

Just having the second half of my hot choc tetra.. yummmm

Damn, my CDC can't see me until Tuesday so I'm stuck with 1 day too short of packs. Not sure what to do, Tesco is a complete mission away so can't pop there, can't pop anywhere and I think the shop near me is closed. Otherwise I'd have lettuce and salad and make it a SS+ day. Otherwise it's just 3 day instead of the 4 I'm meant to have, would I be ok with that? I'm only an inch over 5ft 8 so can't make that much difference surely. I'll run to the shop now and check though.

I managed to get a tin of tuna, no lettuce though, it'll do though I'm sure.

ohh noo!! is there another CDC close to you that would sell you just enough for the day youre short?
Its always a good idea to have more than you need, just in case!

you could ss+ until tues??

I usually keep a spare stash just in case, it's only because I've started earlier than I see her to use up the packs I have left over from the summer. I'm kind of SS+ing today, got a tin of tuna, no salad though. All CDCs are over half an hour away which in this weather just is no fun at all! So I'll be fine with SS+.

I was soooo tempted in the shop by samosas of all things, they're the nicest ones I've ever tasted! There was a voice in my head that was like oh well it's not your fault you've not got enough packs, just have them, you need to. But amazingly I resisted. Tuna it is!

well done resisting the temptations! tuna.. yumm! i love tuna, shame no salad though!
maybe get a few extras on tues in case it happens again?
My CDC is half an hour away, shes not the closest to me, but is by far the best!!

This CDC is about a 20 minute walk away, I think the others are at least 40 minutes with a combination of walking and bus.

I think on Tuesday I'm going to get 2 weeks worth, plus a couple of extra days in case.

Last edited:
yeah I got 2 weeks worth last week, as i heard bout the snow coming and couldnt risk being stuck.. I also have quite a bit from over the times i got a few extra.. has proved useful a number of times!!

im hoping to WI wed am as usual, weather pending! cant wait to get back to normal without all this rubbish snow!

I'm not looking forward to walking to my CDC in the snow I'll be honest! The next couple of weeks are a bit all over the place for me. I've got to go to Glastonbury for an interview. Possibly to London for an interview too. As well as a visit to friends in London, Norwich and Chichester. Which is why I figure it's easier for me to get 2 weeks worth. If I'd thought about it I'd probably have got 4 weeks worth but I'd have needed to get my order in to her to make sure she had enough of everything.

sounds busy!! what jobs are you going for??
i'd like a different job just for now until i start teaching in sept.. am a bit fed up with the probation service, although it pays really well! its all weekend, every weekend (apart from this weekend cos of snow!) but i'd love to get my weekends back!!

i might stock up too if i can get to my CDC wed am..

Oh they're not for jobs, unfortunately. They're for my dissertation... yawn!! Though I like my dissertation, strange I know! What I might do is on Tuesday see what stock levels she's got and leave her with an order for a few weeks worth of stuff and say I can pick it up in the week if that's ok with her. It's just a bit of a crazy month where I'm not going to actually be at uni so it's a bit all over the place.

Evening all,

Sorry I haven't been around today - been busy organising bits and pieces for holidays and generally having a lazy day!

Sounds like everyone's doing ok today though - good stuff!

All fine here although I could be tempted by some non CD food at the mo. Never mind, I'll make do with the last third of a peanut bar, some sparkling water (might even push the boat out and have flavouring in it!) and Dancing on Ice. Wonder who'll fall first! Brave people, really as I could never do it. I have enough trouble walking on what we have outside just now never mind dancing! lol

Anyway, have a good evening folks.

Thelma :)

I'm getting hungry and want to have my soup, but I don't want to make it around my stick thin housemates, I don't want questions about it!! I'll wait a bit longer I guess.

Have been distracting myself with a rant on facebook about the bra size, bra colour and shoe size status updates that are supposedly meant to be raising awareness for breast cancer. So I've made a group challenging all my friends to donate money to Cancer Research UK and actually really make a difference. Even created a Just Giving page. Sometimes some people are good at complaining but not so great at taking action. My Nan died of Cancer in 2000 so I hope this time, people actually make a difference too.

Last edited:
Hi CG -- I hate answering questions or getting comments when I working on losing weight. I can totally relate to your not wanting to make up a soup around your flatmates.

I have gotten very annoyed with the whole bra colour, size thing... hadn't gotten a message about the shoes, yet. I did the colour, refused the size (thought it very rude) -- and applaud your donation plan. My mother had a mastectomy a couple of years back , underwent radition and is so far cancer free. I had my own scare many years ago -- but the lump was just "fat" (figures, LOL).

MinnieMel

Back