Socially awkward newbie looking for some motivation!

Shanwak

Hi guys, kind of wanted to write and say hello. My friends don't actually diet so I don't have anyone really to talk to about it and get some motivation so I thought a forum would be a great place to come and meet people in the same boat as me. :eek: Basically all my life I didn't care what I was putting into my body and now I realised that I need to change. I want to look good for summer, and hopefully be a whole new person before I start university in September. :D So.. yeah, that's it, don't really know what to say.

Hi, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. None of my friends diet and my partner is able to eat what he likes and maintain his 30" inch waist!!!
I am in desperate need of motivation, I have yo-yo dieted all of my adult life and now at the age of 34 I realise that it has to stop. I have been trying to get pregnant for 11 years and have had several dr's advise me to lose weight and now I am on the IVF waiting list so this is my last chance. I want to shift it by the summer.
xx

welsh cake your just two pounds off my start weight in slimming world...lost 9 pounds in three weeks.......maybe we can motivate each other along with shan wak.

Good luck Shanwak! If you stick it out, by the time uni starts you'll be in fab shape! Stay on the forum, keep a food diary on here, read success stories, get advise etc. The main thing is to have a definite plan I reckon. I've never really dieted before - tried once or twice but I had no definite plan and I'd be off the wagon within a few days :)

This forum is definitely keeping me motivated! Let it do the same for you!

Miss Irish, I really hope I do as well as you, well done!! xx

Hey! Yeah It's weird how some people can eat and not gain weight, so unfair. I wish you luck in trying to get pregnant, It must be very frustrating :eek:. I think you can definitely reach your goal with all us supporting you!:D

And yeah, hopefully this website will motivate me. Well, I think it already has because I'm just getting ready to go on a run haha. Good luck everyone!

Hi, I'm a little (lot) in need of motivation too.....
i keep telling myself this is the start of a journey...so put on yer hiking boots and let's go..!
El

Welcome to the forum Shanwak, SW is the best thing since sliced (wholemeal) Bread :) you will helped along by loads of people on here any questions just ask and someone will know the answer. ;)

2lb off in 5 days, pretty happy with that :)
x

Hey guys, keep at this and you'll see wonderfull results. I've been overweight my whole life and this was my first time trying a 'diet' and I've lost 2 stone so easily!

To leep yourself going off plan make sure you hide the naughty stuff (or bin it!) and fill your house with nice things that arent naughty but feel it ;)

One of the great things about this website is that if you are not honest about what you've eaten you are basically lying to yourself and it is easy to spot this! When I was working out a meal out's syns yest I very nearly undersynned it in my diary on here to feel better about my efforts but then would have had more syns to use this weekend and gone over!! So am grateful for that :D

Hi girls ;)
Feeling so yukky after my low fat supernoodles , didnt like them at all just ate them coz it was all i brought to work :( they are so mushy yuk yuk yuk ! hoping my bf makes me a yummy dinner tonight instead !

Hi guys, kind of wanted to write and say hello. My friends don't actually diet so I don't have anyone really to talk to about it and get some motivation so I thought a forum would be a great place to come and meet people in the same boat as me. :eek: Basically all my life I didn't care what I was putting into my body and now I realised that I need to change. I want to look good for summer, and hopefully be a whole new person before I start university in September. :D So.. yeah, that's it, don't really know what to say.

Hello x

Hi Welcome :)

Back