soggy salads

metrognome

is getting better at it
hello what can i do to stop my salads going all soggy and watery, im looking at making it in the evening and leaving it in the fridge till lunch time as i dont have much time in the mornings to make it, but by lunch time i have to tip the water out and it look very unappealing and usually goes in the bin
any help would be appreciated
thanks

I think it depends on what lettuce you use? If you have to rinse it etc then that may make it watery. I use the bagged stuff that doesnt need washed and add my tomatoes, cucumber etc. Also if you use a dressing then maybe keep it separate and add just before you eat the salad. Hope this helps!xx

J xx

I use bagged salad also, it may work out a little more expensive but there is little wastage, as it rarely goes soggy. I also prepare my salad the night before - I leave cherry tomatoes whole and keep dressing seperate - seems to work no soggy salad !

I'm the same as Chunkyl I used bagged salad and have cherry toms whole. Cucumber is sliced and Kept in a separate tupperware and only add it to the salad when I'm about to eat it. One of those mini jam pots keep my dressing til it's needed.

thanks all will keep the toms and cue seperate until i eat it, cant do whole toms have to slice them even the cherry toms

try layering it so wet stuff at bottom like toms and cucumber lettuce on top and only mix when you are about to eat and add dressing at that point. otherwise several small contianers and keep each bit seperate and mix on plate when about to eat.

Back