Sole source - 6 wks to the wedding

Hi all. I started Cambridge this week after ballooning to almost 13stone and a half through not being mindful of what I was eating and how active I was. On Thursday I started sole source. Day 1 evening was the worst where ended up with a migraine and threw up 3 times. I was fine once threw up and ridded my body of the tomato soup...which I am blaming. Informed the consultant to tell her I am not quitting and she agreed to swap all my soups to shakes as I was tolerating them fine. I have also bought some bars for those moments where I can't face yet another drink! Pleased to say day 2 went well and the headache I woke up with eventually passed. I was hungry very late at night but drank more water and tried to sleep.
So today is Day 3. I know it's working as had a sneaky peek on the scales. Can't weight for my weigh in which in all fairness will only be 5 days in to the diet.
I have my hen do in 2 weeks so know I will be off plan for 1 day but will try and stick to foods that are protein based and will be mindful of portion sizes. I really hope I can stay motivated to stick to SS as if my wedding is not enough motivation then what is! Would love some support and to hear about others stories. I am guessing week 1 will be the bigger loss and then the other weeks will just be steady losses? I am also giving you permission to give me a harsh telling off when I complain about it being oh so hard which no doubt I will soon!! Here's to a great week 1 weigh in for all that are in week 1 like me xoxo

Good luck with your journey!! And good luck with the wedding :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

Sorry... Realised that I haven't actually answered any of your questions. It looks like the amount of weight you have to lose is similar to where I was so have a look at the losses in my signature.

Your journey into ketosis sounds much like mine (although I didn't suffer sickness) I had the carb withdrawals on day one two and by the end of day two I was feeling better. Day four was a struggle but I think that was more down to the absence of food and just craving eating something but it absolutely does pass and the way you feel after not giving in gives you the strength to hold back whenever other cravings kick in :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

Thanks Carly. You have done so well and it's great to see a loss or a STS in your signature for each weigh in. I am hoping for similar losses. I just want to be a bmi around 25/26 but as only 6 weeks to wedding, I will be happy with a steady loss each week of something. I think you are right about carb withdrawal. I have some plain grilled chicken in the fridge in case I really can't cope but so far not needed them. I have split my morning shake today and must admit they do taste nicer when blended rather than using the shaker. I am hoping the forums on here can give me motivation and remind me of what can be achieved if I put my mind to it. I notice you are 3lbs off your goal weight...what happens then? Do you increase calories? xoxo

I do not like the butterscotch shake! Can't finish it! Just felt like sharing :)

I started this week too some feel your pain. I didn't fancy the butterscotch as I thought it might be quite sickly but I read on here somebody halving it with a banana to make a banofee pie shake so I might try that next week. I had to force the tomato soup down too. Definitely my worst flavour.

Hello, and congrats! Hope you look fabulous on your big day! I think we started about the same time I.e Monday. Today was also my first weigh in. I lost 5.1kg however I'm only recognizing it as 2.9 as I put on a bit of weight just before I began the diet which I'm sure was just water. I wanna be as realistic as possible! Hope you find the shakes bearable!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck, hope you have an amazing day and feel amazing too! I'm also sole sourcing ready for my wedding next May! Look forward to reading how you get on :) best of luck x

Hi all. Thanks for your messages - they are always motivating! Well I managed to lose 8lbs at tonights weigh in! So I am very happy. I had to admit to the CD consultant that I had been to the gym 3 times with a personal trainer too and she said I probably would have lost more if had not! Something to do with muscles and water but she said as long as I was not passing out and I was feeling achey muscles after the sessions then she was ok with it! I am not seeing her now for 2 weeks so have two weeks worth of supplies! The lemon bars are yummy. I am not not liking the chocolate one - it starts off nice and then leaves an awful taste so not for me! On the other hand the choc shakes are lovely.
I also moved to SS+ after day 3 so been eating foods from the allowed list such as chicken, tuna, cottage cheese and green salad - its working so I am ok for now. My hen do is coming up soon so I know I will be off plan that day but will try and make the right choices. Hope everyone else has good losses this week! xoxo ps - Laura I had not even considered mixing shakes - something to consider when it gets boring!!

I messed up and ended up off plan. Determined to stay on plan until hen do next Friday. Heres to another start!

just thinking about your hen night, will you be drinking? do you need to come out of ketosis for that? i know alcohol isn t allowed because of problems with ketosis.

you ve got a good few days before
jx

Previous experience speaking here, DO NOT DRINK!!!! If you are in ketosis. I have done this and I had a day off plan, ate protein based meals on the day off and I was so ill after very little to drink... I was then ill for a few days after and it was not nice.

Now after my little experience warning, I hope you are getting on ok. Pick yourself up from your unplanned day off and draw a line under it.

Thanks ladies and great before and after shot Kes. That's motivational! Fortunately I don't drink so the alcohol is not an issue. I decided to wee on a ketostick today and gutted as no longer in ketosis! I was VERY naughty that day! Still losing weight slowly so hoping to be back in ketosis in the next couple of days. Done well today - tried the fruits of forest shake which was surprisingly nice and been nibbling at the lemon yoghurt bar while studying. Beed to the gym - didn't do full workout but machine said I burnt approx 250 cals. My CDC said my weight loss may be a lil slower on the scales because of the gym but she said if I am managing it that I shouldn't stop. I had 3 PT sessions in wk 1. Still a long way to go - fingers crossed. Wedding dress fitting is on Saturday too!! Excited about that :)

think you ll be either just about to get married or already be a married lady now either way hope you have/had a fantastic day

jxx

Back