Sole Source and Sole Source + (Addition of Skimmed Milk)

just a quick question. can you alternate 1 day ss then then other day ss+ or is it better to alternate weeks. Just thinking about when I am not at work on sundays and having ss+ as a treat

yes i do , my cdc said thats ok there both vlcd's

Sole Source Question

Hello,
I have a question for those on Sole Source: I have been doing 4 weeks of Sole Source and then eating an additional 400 calories a day for week 5, and then repeating that same cycle over again. I started on 12/29/08 and I have since lost 82 pounds. The problem now is that I have hit a plateau, and I have not lost in 2 weeks even though I have changed nothing. Does anyone have any advice? Should I try eating every 4th or 3rd week? Should I Sole Source with no eating week? Any help would be much appreciated.

I need to understand once and foreall what If I am allowed SS.

My CDC advises me that I need to do SS (4 CD) or SS+, but am not allowed to have SS (3 CD) unless I get sign off from my Dr.

I am 5'2, BMI 31, no medical problems at all, surely I should be allowed 3cd, with her just writing to my Dr to inform him?

I will not go to my Dr for sign off, because I know he will not give it. He Was not happy about me going on Cd last time around, he does not believe in it.

Everything I read, tells me I can have 3, but as I say my CDC insists I cannot without Dr sign off

Ive been doing SS+ now for 3 weeks, and now not loosing anything at all.

Desperate!

Debs

My CDC advises me that I need to do SS (4 CD) or SS+,

Ummm. For your height, 4cd (and milk) is SS+ too.
but am not allowed to have SS (3 CD) unless I get sign off from my Dr.
With no medical problems and your BMI at 31, you should be able to do SS (3 shakes) without a signature.

However, your doctor does need informing. That's all. It's no big deal. As a CDC, I just send a letter out to the clients doctor. No reply needed.

I am 5'2, BMI 31, no medical problems at all, surely I should be allowed 3cd, with her just writing to my Dr to inform him?
Yep.

Everything I read, tells me I can have 3, but as I say my CDC insists I cannot without Dr sign off
You're a bit stuck, because you can't force your CDC to give it to you. You could ask her to phone Cambridge for clarification, or to look at this forum...or find yourself another CDC.

Ive been doing SS+ now for 3 weeks, and now not loosing anything at all.
The difference in weightloss between SS and SS+ is negligible. It's unusual (in fact, as far as I've seen, impossible) not to lose on SS+ if you are doing it 100% 7 days a week. It may be that you have massive water retention? Are you drinking enough?

If so, it would be worth getting checked out as it doesn't make any sense for the body to be able to use the energy that it needs without using some fat considering the low cal level for SS+

Hope you get it sorted soon. Must be frustrating for you.

i have been doing sole source plus for 3 weeks now, i have a shake in the morning, salad and tuna, turkey or chicken with tablespoon of mayo for lunch, half a bar while im making familys tea and my last shake later on. i also have 1 or 2 teas with skimmed milk. i am in ketosis.

week one......lost 9lb
week two......lost 5lb
week three....lost 4lb

this is working for me:D

It is not advised that you freeze any of the products. Are you ensuring you are having all three complete portions per day otherwise you will fall below the nutrional safety level.

Is mayo allowed on SS+? It would be fab if it was cos I struggle with tuna without it!

Sorry, but no, it's not allowed on SS+ You can use herbs and fat free salad dressings.

I sometimes freeze mines for extra chewy goodness, but normally keep them in the salad drawer in the fridge.

Is mayo allowed on SS+? It would be fab if it was cos I struggle with tuna without it!

Sorry, but no, it's not allowed on SS+ You can use herbs and fat free salad dressings.

I sometimes freeze mines for extra chewy goodness, but normally keep them in the salad drawer in the fridge.

Ack noooo. Never freeze mayo and dead messes if you pour it into the salad drawer in the fridge ;)

i have mayo on my salad every day and it hasnt made a difference to my weight loss,
4 weeks ive lost 21 lb

With respect, you don't know that, but more importantly, this might not work for the next person...and we know that CD works if done according to the book.

Ack noooo. Never freeze mayo and dead messes if you pour it into the salad drawer in the fridge ;)

I was talking about the CD bars KD. Not mayo as thats non allowable on SS+ etc so I dont have it in the fridge ;)

granted just read that you shouldnt freeze any products, but I assume keeping them in the fridge is fine?

With respect, you don't know that, but more importantly, this might not work for the next person...and we know that CD works if done according to the book.
with respect i understand every individual is different, i am delighted with my 21 lbs lost in 4 weeks, i am still in ketosis, its working for me, it may not work for other cd dieters, i look forward to my salad every day and the one tablespoon of light mayo helps keep me on track.

Back