Sole Source Diabetic With LOTS Of Health Problems

Jennybunny

I'm currently on my 10th week.

It was a long hard slog to get this far as I had to get my Doctor to give me the OK to go on the Cambridge Weight Loss because of all the medical problems I have and the long list of meds. I am suffering with Diabetes (type 2), because of this I am gong blind. The list goes on, AKI (accute kidney injury, which nearly finished me in 2011), fatty liver, high blood pressure, high cholestorol, muscle cramps, arthritis, sciatica, spondulosis, agoraphobia, claustraphobia, panic attacks, acid.

The list of meds I'm on is;
Amitriptyline 10mg, Amlodipine 5mg, Citalopram 20mg, Gliclazide 80mg, Lansoprazole 15mg, Morphine sulphate 10mg/5ml (40mg), Paracetamol 500mg, Pravastatin 20mg, Propranolol 10mg, Zomorph 50mg.

I have also being prescribed Liraglutide 6mg/ml but not currently taking it as I was worried about the side effects (cancer) and stopped taking it. After discussing it with my kidney Doctor, he said it was OK to resume taking it as it was only after seriously long time use that that type of side effect would be of any worry. I jumped straight back in, taking the 12mg dose and it stopped me urinating for about 2 days. Since stopping it, I have returned back to normal. This was quite worrying as due to my kidney problem, I have to drink at least 4 litres of water a day. Which was a serious bore, but since discovering 'Sunshine Orange' powder, which I can add to my water and it makes it much more enjoyable to drink.

I am on 4 chocolate shakes a day, which I'm finding it very difficult to stick to as I am quite often very hungry and miss the feel of 'real' food and the feeling of chewing. I have been naughty a couple of times, having a cheese 'toastie' and one week (you can probably guess) it was my twin granddaughters 2nd birthday.

I am also allowed 2 pints of Skimmed milk a day and have some 'safe' foods, which are eggs, cheese and chicken.

My start weight was;
Week 01 - 22St 3Lbs
Week 02 - 7Lbs Loss
Week 03 - 1Lbs Loss
Week 04 - 1Lbs Loss
Week 05 - 1Lbs Loss
Week 06 - 2Lbs Loss
Week 07 - Same
Week 08 - 7Lbs Gain
Week 09 - 8Lbs Loss
Week 10 - 2Lbs Loss

Anyone else having similar problems as me or anyone who can give me some advice on how to stop wanting food. One good thing that helps me not want food all the time is I cant stand for a period of time to prepare anything in the kitchen due to my arthritis, so I get away with cooking.

I'm so eager to know how much weight I've lost I want to weigh myself every day but my hubby keeps telling me I've got to wait untill Monday when it's weighday grrrr.

Well, I've lost my first stone. Which is fantastic as every pound I lose is a huge acceivement due to some of the meds I'm on which cause weightgain. I'm trying something out by not taking certain meds that make me gain weight to see if that helps me in the battle to lose weight. I've also managed to get a pair of boots on with 3 inch heels :) I've not been able to even get them on properly before, although I can't zip them up... YET!

Back