Some good news...babies!!

roundrachel

Silver Member
My latest posts have been all doom and gloom re my health but I have had some lovely news this evening. My cousin has given birth to a little girl. It's her third and she was a bit early 5lbs4.5oz but both are doing well.

It's a running joke in our family now that we just don't produce boys.

Mum and Auntie had 5 girls between them, and of those 5 they have had 8 girls so far. Looks like it's down to me to produce a boy!

Nice to get some nice news. All my cousins are going to be together on Monday so I'm going over to meet the new arrival. That means all of us (minus my sis in Oz) in the same room. 14 women in the same room. God help him if any of us do actually ever have a boy! :)

Aw congrats to your cousin! Glad they're both okay.

Oh lord, 14 girls in one room..I think that would be the end of me :D

wow....lovely news.
14 women in one room???? Lets hope none are hormonal on monday!!!...could be scary :)

Rachel - what lovely news! I wish the new arrival all the best and have a lovely day on Monday.

My generation seems to have bucked the trend for boys only in my hubbys family. We have three girls and OHs brother also has three girls. M-i-L would have liked a grandson! Ah well.

It's really just the news I needed. Everything has been so miserable recently. Nice to have some good news!

My cousin's been lucky too as she has a rare condition where she has a split uterus so basically she has two and could have two babies by two different men at different times if she wanted (although I'm sure that wouldn't be too healthy!) All her three have been c sections and she's had a few problems this time round so just pleased they're both doing well and looking forward to having a cuddle on Monday. And a smell of her head too-don't you just love new baby smell?
Oh dear, I seem to be broody!!

lovely news for you
yes babies smell is lovely! all talc and baby lotion
daisy x

Awww, I come from a very female family too...

I remember at my grandparent's Golden Wedding anniversary we were sat in the lounge... me, mum, granny, auntie, sister, cousin and nieces... one of which was very young and was laid out on the carpet having her nappy changed by my sis.... said baby had her legs over her head, foot in her mouth (usual position) and my grandad walked in and said...

"My, I can safely say I have seen every single person in this room in that very same position."

My granny looked like she was going to die!! Hahahaha!

Congrats on the new arrival RR, a new baby in the family is always a joyful time - my sis is due at the end of June (yep, another girl to add to her clan)... can't wait!

A xx xx xx

Back