Some Help Please?

tinksie

Morning All

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or can help me in any way. I'm stuck in a rut, went to weigh in last night and gained 1.5. The past month or so either maintained, lost a little or gained what i lost. It's really starting to get to me and didn't stay to class last night as i just wanted to cry. I've lost 5 stone 12lb in total now since June, still have another 6 i would like to lose. I just feel so down hearted. I do mainly original days with a couple of green days thrown in for good measure. I never use all my syns either. Has anyone else been in this situation and found a way to kick start it all again? Please? :( Thanks xx

Losing almost 6 stone is a massive achievement hun so don't feel too down even though you'd still like to lose more.
I'm pretty sure your body will just need to level things out slightly - of course everyone wants to lose each week, but sometimes (for whatever reason) we will gain at some point.
Don't beat yourself up about it.

I think alot of people find that when they use ALL of their syns, they get better losses - after all, that's what they're for, to give our bodies the bit of fat they need to burn off.
Maybe try upping your water intake, or snacking on speed foods too??

x

Hi thanks for replying, i eat so much super free food it's unreal, salad every day for lunch, about 8 pieces of fruit and super free with my dinner, either salad or carrotts and baby corn (even though i don't do EE).

I tried to use all my syns but that didn't seem to help either :( I was advised to change the meals that i eat by fellow members, but, if it's within SW guidelines then it should work no matter how often i eat a tin of tuna surely? I didn't know whether anyone had been advised something else? Thanks xx

What about some variation? Maybe try the Extra Easy plan this week instead?

Make sure you're drinking lots of water, eating lots of fruit and veg, using your HEx's and your syns.

You could keep a food diary on here too to get some feedback on how to improve your daily plans.

Don't get downhearted though, you have had an AMAZING journey so far and there's no reason when you've come so far that you can't finish it to the point at which makes you happy.

Bodies are funny things and just need a kick up the bum and a bit of variety to kick things off again!

Good luck! x

Thank You :)

I think i might do a food diary on here. The only thing i find is that because i don't eat much veg (i don't like it) i can't do EE.

I've bought myself some litre bottles of water to have on my desk at work to encourage me to drink, so maybe that is the first step i should take to see if that works?

Thank you for your advice xx

Is there any veg you like?

If you suggest some veg maybe we can help and be inventive with what you do with it!

Soup is a good one for putting lots of veg in and if you blend it, you wouldn't even realise!

Also things like onions, tomatoes (including tinned chopped tomatoes and passata), peppers, carrots - even stir fry packs are often a good way of incorporating them.

The only Veg i actually eat are baby corn and carrots! I can't bear any other veg which i know is bad, but i make up for it with fruit :) Unless there is a soup out there that is full of veg that doesn't taste like veg or smell like it i can't win lol!

I do eat passata and onions too and potatoes of course :) x

Have you tried butternut squash made into chips? What salad do you eat? What about cooked mushrooms and tomatoes?

Have you tried butternut squash made into chips? What salad do you eat? What about cooked mushrooms and tomatoes?

I've never tried that, is that super free? The salad i eat is lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, red onion, grated carrots :)
I don't like mushroom or tomatoes.

Have tried carrot and swede mash, the problem there is the smell of it, it actually makes me sick. I've never tried leeks in that way, so may have to try that :) Thank You x

The only Veg i actually eat are baby corn and carrots! I can't bear any other veg which i know is bad, but i make up for it with fruit :) Unless there is a soup out there that is full of veg that doesn't taste like veg or smell like it i can't win lol!

Well passata is a great start! You can make zillions of things with passata and onion! Curries, bolognese, stew, soup, the recipe book's your oyster! Thicken it up with spices, stock, a bit of blended onions/potato and you're there!

Is it that you cant stand veggies 'whole'? I mean is it an option for you to blend them so they no longer 'exist', theyre just a sauce, like a passata but a different colour?
Or is it the flavour? If that's it is there any way around it using plenty of spices, seasoning, stock or whatever else?
Or is it a psychological thing, like the fact you know they *are* there means you cant handle them?
Can you handle chips or mash made of veggies like celeriac or swede or squash? If you coat them in some yummy sauce, or spices? In Marmite? In diet-coke-chicken sauce?

I've never tried that, is that super free? The salad i eat is lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, red onion, grated carrots :)

Well there we go, so we've got lettuce, cucumber, radish, spring onion, carrot, baby corn, passata, onions. Theres definitely plenty to be starting with :)

The problem i find with veggies is that i don't like the taste or smell of most of them, i get myself in to a bit of a panic with them, which at 33 is ridiculous i know! We had a taster at group the other day and i tried some soup which i could only try if i held my nose!

I've never tried blending vegetable because i have such a dislike for them. Maybe i should start with a good soup recipe? That doesn't taste too much like vegetables and use it as a sauce for my 'meat'? xx

I make bolognese quite often, it's one of my faves, i just have an issue with the whole 'veggie' intake full stop x

I drink a couple of litres of no added sugar squash a day :)

Hi xx first off, huge achievement already. It's inspirational to people like me who are just starting! xx

soup with veg that doesnt taste like veg - home made chicken soup !! I made some for the first time last week with the chicken carcass I normally throw in the bin. I added carrots, cauliflower, asparagus, potatoes and broccoli ( what was left over after sunday dinner ) and once it was blended down it just tasted like chicken, really tasty chicken. It might be worth a try - i'd post you some but to taste but it might spill ;):D xx

Losing almost 6 stone is amazing!!!

This is normal, our bodies unfortuently do get used to our new diets and our metabolism changes to adapt to this. Sometimes a platuex can happen for a while but it usually kicks starts its self again.

Try adding in some more exercise or change the exercise you are currently doing. Also Iv read that having more meals but smaller ones can really kick start it all again xx

Thanks for your comments and kind words :) i sound really miserable don't i! 6 stone is a big achievement and i'm very happy with where i have got to, but when it's all been going so fine and dandy and come to a sudden halt, well, it got me down a bit. Yesterday was a bit of a down day, but i stuck to plan 100%, i've started a food diary on here now too, so anyone can have a look and see if i can improve anywhere.

piX128 - is that in the slimming world soup book? It sounds like a possible soup that i could try!!

My new exercise regime is gonna start this week, i have been cycling, but going to up that, start my hula hooping (well try!!) and i've ordered a new exercise rope from Avon, so fingers crossed :) xx

Back