Some Info that might help with the mind games esp when starting on CD SS.

garnet35

Hi,

I am trying to restart back on CD SS and am having a tough time getting back on it, just can't seem to get through the first few days. I talk myself out of it when it gets a bit tough.

Anyway found a website today, which is mainly for people who are dealing with other types of addictions. But I found some of the info useful, esp the slide shows when you look on the tools. Its helps question some of our beliefs and whether they are helpful. Anyway sorry if its not for you, but thought it might help someone.

The link is SMART Recovery® - Tool Chest and Homework

Anyway hope to get to know everyone on the boards, on day 2 and having bad headaches, but I have to do this!!

Last edited:
thank you, will check it out... trying find some answers myself, via the Beck Diet Solution book, which works on CBT principles. Thanks Garnet & good luck with your journey... it took me a LONG time to get my head back in the zone but am on Day 13 now... if I can do it, you can!

xxx

Funnily enough, I am having a big fight with the mind games today. A minis friend suggested reading a thread over on the Bring Your Head Inside forum... KD's post about 'Fred'. Helpful. Take a look if you get the chance... and have a good day.

xxx

Thanks for sharing this Garnet, it looks very useful. I think it'll be helpful once we're in the maintenance phase as well. I thought that the DISARM link had some similarities with KDs 'Fred' post that Katycakes kindly signposted. Keep strong and lets hope our CD journey gets easier :). Take care xx

Back