Extra Easy Some motivation tips please

Hi all,

Have just had weekly weigh in and am 1lb up! I wouldn't mind but I had a week of being completely on plan! I was also up 1/2lb last week after being on plan!!!:confused:

I nearly didn't stay to group as I was so upset, and even cried :cry: (very embarrassing), but did stay and glad I did as I may have found the answer.

I have been doing the plan a while, and I think I may have become a bit complacent - basically I think I know it all! I therefore don't weigh and measure my HA/HB, or my syns - because I think I can guestimate. So I am going back to weighing and measuring if not free food.

Also, being new to this site, I was pleased to find some more free recipes last week, so I made syn free lemon meringue, and ate the lot over 2 days. I now believe that while this is syn free, it is over and above what I'd normally eat, so will impact my weight. Therefore if I make it again, will portion up and freeze extra portions for another day, and make sure I don't scoff it all at once!

I feel much better now I have a plan of action. However, if anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

First off, welcome to the site (it's brilliant isn't it!?)

This sounds brilliant. You have figured out what may have gone wrong and you are addressing it!

I am about three weeks into my plan and so far, have not done as well as I hoped. I know what I did wrong and have started afresh today. I feel very optimistic!

Good luck!

Its never a nice feeling when you put on after being so good, but at least you have found the reason and you can make a change for this week for a good loss next week!!

Good luck!

Good luck for next week hun x

Thanks for your support guys. Yesterday went well, and I managed a day with just 3.5 syns (have also decided to keep my syns at a max of 5 per day to see if that has any impact).

It is now 12.30pm on day 2 and so far no syns.

Do try and get 5 syns in. If you think of it in terms of calorific content, 1 syn = roughly 20 cals (although I know they use other factors to calculate, but as a general guide). So by having 5, you are only adding about 100 cals to your daily intake. They really wont make THAT much of an impact by you denying yourself them.

Are you due a star week? That can have a big impact on any losses, or it could simply be that you have hit a plateau. You have already lost 23lb, your body may just be having a little adjustment period.

Stick with it, and if you can, drink plenty of water and get some body magic in there every day. Your body will restart losing when it is ready.

Back