SOME ONE NEW IN MY LIFE...HELP!

Oh Blufizz how exciting :) I now want to know if you responded to his big hint....

I met my fella online, he added me to facebook last summer and I accepted as we live close and thought maybe we knew each other, we started to chat online and then moved to MSN too, he always asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner etc and I always refused, a few times I accepted and then cancelled at the last minute with terrible excuses - this was all cos of my weight, he had seen me on web cam and also all my pics on facebook but I was convinced that I was bigger in person than on the photos!!

I started dating a guy at the end of last year and at the same time my guy changed his relationship status to "in a complicated relationship" I was so damn jealous, I thought I was gonna go out of my mind....asked him questions like a crazy woman....anyways the other guy came to nothing and I thought I had to go meet this guy and see if we got on as well in person as online.....we had a fantastic night, it was like been with my best friend in every way possible.....he even told me my legs were thick (tree trunks - thanks!!) but do you what I said yeah I know and he said dont worry I dont care what you look like, you are beautiful to me inside and out....he means it completely!

I also fell in love with him as a person and the things that would normally stop me progressing with a relationship - him been shorter than me, his big ears la la la - all didnt matter wat so ever cos his personality and the spark makes none of that matter :)

When you feel ready then meet him, my man waited for 6 months for me to agree and when I called to tell him I was there that first night he wasnt ready cos he was convinced I would cancel/stand him up!!

Claire xx

:D oh yeh..oh yeh....(doing the arm rotating-stirring-type-thingy?) :party0049:

I kinda asked him a couple things lol..you must have seen those "get-to-know-each-other-questionaire-thingies??? ..well us singleton-net-heads will have:)

and bless it must have taken him ages to type it all up lol...main thing is hes not body obsessed....thinks everyone is "unique"...
and like me hasnt got a particular type in mind and agrees if you click you click and if you dont you dont...

ok a question...
if i dont mention right now i go to sw is that being...."secretive like hiding things that make you feel uneasy"

and ..sorry im using you ladies like a guide to dating lol..

if your chatting....online remember....and your asked things like for instance..
"room for me on the sofa to watch the dvd?" other stuff too...some of it cheeky inunuendoes...lol...
.....bout meeting up....etc food he could cook me....etc...and bearing in mind weve never met...what does it mean? is he trying to chat me up and/or flirt with me???

He likes you, you like him. Its plain to see from what youv told us. - From the amount you chat, it'd be rediclous to think otherwise.

Its simples. Your not hiding anything.. there will always be somthing new to learn about each other.. and if you chose not to say anything now and it comes up later and he asks why you never mentioned before, you say its such a part of your life for you, thats it wasnt somthing that even thought about mentioning as it hadnt came up in convo.

and he wants to cook for you :O what more could you ask for lol?

but i suggest you 'go out' for the first couple of times.. i hate to say it as this is all so lovley, but you hear some awful stories these days. xx

HE IS DEFINATELY FLIRTING!!!

I agree with Fern, you both seem to like each other a lot and to be honest if you dont tell him its not a secret its just that on a wednesday night you meet up with a group of friends....

Oh Blufizz how exciting :) I now want to know if you responded to his big hint....

I met my fella online, he added me to facebook last summer and I accepted as we live close and thought maybe we knew each other, we started to chat online and then moved to MSN too, he always asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner etc and I always refused, a few times I accepted and then cancelled at the last minute with terrible excuses - this was all cos of my weight, he had seen me on web cam and also all my pics on facebook but I was convinced that I was bigger in person than on the photos!!

I started dating a guy at the end of last year and at the same time my guy changed his relationship status to "in a complicated relationship" I was so damn jealous, I thought I was gonna go out of my mind....asked him questions like a crazy woman....anyways the other guy came to nothing and I thought I had to go meet this guy and see if we got on as well in person as online.....we had a fantastic night, it was like been with my best friend in every way possible.....he even told me my legs were thick (tree trunks - thanks!!) but do you what I said yeah I know and he said dont worry I dont care what you look like, you are beautiful to me inside and out....he means it completely!

I also fell in love with him as a person and the things that would normally stop me progressing with a relationship - him been shorter than me, his big ears la la la - all didnt matter wat so ever cos his personality and the spark makes none of that matter :)

When you feel ready then meet him, my man waited for 6 months for me to agree and when I called to tell him I was there that first night he wasnt ready cos he was convinced I would cancel/stand him up!!

Claire xx

:) aww thats soo sweet! lucky lady..x
i find it hard..usually...to trust what guys say online so im very picky who i allow to be added onto my msn...i didnt add this guy right away but when where we met went weird i kinda panicked cos i couldnt talk to him there so i added him...we carried on emailing and it was ages before we got together on msn....and to be honest we email more than chat on msn..cos i dont alwys go on there....

hmm i wondering if that in itself is strange tho? lol...nooo his emails are always relaxed and the way he types isnt contrived and hes told me to look him up on f/b....

anyhoo.....he seems genuine and comes accross as a nice guy..and i know until you meet and spend time with someone you cant know them....but you learn a hell of a lot by the questions they ask you and the answers they give you to your questions lol..

seems now he wants my answers to my own questions :confused: oops!

He likes you, you like him. Its plain to see from what youv told us. - From the amount you chat, it'd be rediclous to think otherwise.

Its simples. Your not hiding anything.. there will always be somthing new to learn about each other.. and if you chose not to say anything now and it comes up later and he asks why you never mentioned before, you say its such a part of your life for you, thats it wasnt somthing that even thought about mentioning as it hadnt came up in convo.
and he wants to cook for you :O what more could you ask for lol?
but i suggest you 'go out' for the first couple of times.. i hate to say it as this is all so lovley, but you hear some awful stories these days. xx

:) i will reply to your pm btw x
your wise before ya time fern!
and sound and think like a mini me! spooky lol
and yeh im not bout to invite any man-however nice lol-into mine and my kids home ...hed have to be something pretty special for that to happen..besides itd scare him to death! :D

Thats only fair... :p

- Have you thought about the fact he might be having the exact coversation with himself and his friends.. he's proberly quite nervous too!

do guys do that?
omg theyl think hes mad lol..chatting to a faceless woman..an older woman with more kids than the old woman in the shoe...i really must sort a nice pic out :(
i take such awful pics tho....god what am i gunna do...i cant expect him to carry on chatting and not see who hes chatting to can i lol

:) i will reply to your pm btw x
your wise before ya time fern!
and sound and think like a mini me! spooky lol
and yeh im not bout to invite any man-however nice lol-into mine and my kids home ...hed have to be something pretty special for that to happen..besides itd scare him to death! :D

Haha, to be honest, i am one of 7, with 3 other half sisters.. and a hell of alot of neices.. my OH met them quite quickly, which was never planned, but it was actually my birthday week we began to get serious. He dealt very well concidering hes only one of 3! and being the youngest himself! LOL

- maybe your me and im you but years ahead and behind? LOL xxxx

do guys do that?
omg theyl think hes mad lol..chatting to a faceless woman..an older woman with more kids than the old woman in the shoe...i really must sort a nice pic out :(
i take such awful pics tho....god what am i gunna do...i cant expect him to carry on chatting and not see who hes chatting to can i lol

would you go and meet him without seeing his photo??? proberly not.. ;) he's not asked for one, so dont feel obliged.. but he may do at one point, so get snapping :p

lol ilovlife....seriously havnt thought that far yet....

sooo hes flirting with me lol...cheeky!

and for the record ive been on 4 blind dates :eek: wished i had been blind for three of them...but oh the fourth!! lol

deffo wouldnt make the same mistakes i made with ex b/f.....too much too fast...im happy to keep it to chat for now....im enjoying the moment :p

I find it really difficult too, people can be so different online to in person, here we have the added issue that English girls have a pretty bad rep here in Turkey cos girls are out enjoying themselves on holiday and therefore some guys think we want to jump into bed with anything that has a pulse!!!

I think getting to know him online over a period of time is a good start, you will see if he has staying power for a start, you can learn their opinions on subjects of importance to you (I knew how my fella feels about marriage/kids/equality/religion loads of stuff before I met him). I also think if you can look him up on facebook (without adding as a friend) you can see his profile and wall...see what interaction he has with other people etc...I am just a nosey cow I am always looking at my fellas profile!!

I told all my friends that my fella was a wierdo!! They now all think its bizarre that I finally gave him a chance and realised he was everything I had been waiting for!!

Answer all the questions he asks and open up to him, the worst that could happen is tha you dont like him in person although this is probably reasonbly unlikely as you have such a good communication at the moment...

Oh waiting the next installment.... :)

I find it really difficult too, people can be so different online to in person, here we have the added issue that English girls have a pretty bad rep here in Turkey cos girls are out enjoying themselves on holiday and therefore some guys think we want to jump into bed with anything that has a pulse!!!

I think getting to know him online over a period of time is a good start, you will see if he has staying power for a start, you can learn their opinions on subjects of importance to you (I knew how my fella feels about marriage/kids/equality/religion loads of stuff before I met him). I also think if you can look him up on facebook (without adding as a friend) you can see his profile and wall...see what interaction he has with other people etc...I am just a nosey cow I am always looking at my fellas profile!!

I told all my friends that my fella was a wierdo!! They now all think its bizarre that I finally gave him a chance and realised he was everything I had been waiting for!!

Answer all the questions he asks and open up to him, the worst that could happen is tha you dont like him in person although this is probably reasonbly unlikely as you have such a good communication at the moment...

Oh waiting the next installment.... :)

...and even if you meet someone in real life they can turn out to be the most horrendous person after time :(

i guess nothing is guarenteed in life ..

i agree the danger with online is that you could possibly build that person up to be someone theyre not in real life...but equally there is the possibility they could be everything you imagine....

its kinda nice right now tho..

I know this bit was a while back in the thread, but OP... You wanted an excuse to slip in SW... You also mentioned him hinting at wanting to cook for you. Why don't you mention to him, in a jokey way, that if he is cooking for you, you'll be saving up all your SW syns so you can eat whatever he makes??

When I started SW I was (still am) single, and I always found it a difficult thing to mention to guys I went out with. But I always just found a way to sneak it in, when talking about exercise, or what I had for my tea, that sort of thing.

I hope it works out for you, although I have to agree with a previous post that maybe you should get the photo thing out of the way sooner rather than later, or it will wind you up until you do. Or if you think you might like him, then get the blind date organised.

My philosophy when it comes to online dating is I'd rather meet them sooner and know whether it had any potential, than falling in love online to find they are a twerp/not your type in real life ;)

Good luck, I love a happy ending!

I know this bit was a while back in the thread, but OP... You wanted an excuse to slip in SW... You also mentioned him hinting at wanting to cook for you. Why don't you mention to him, in a jokey way, that if he is cooking for you, you'll be saving up all your SW syns so you can eat whatever he makes??

When I started SW I was (still am) single, and I always found it a difficult thing to mention to guys I went out with. But I always just found a way to sneak it in, when talking about exercise, or what I had for my tea, that sort of thing.

I hope it works out for you, although I have to agree with a previous post that maybe you should get the photo thing out of the way sooner rather than later, or it will wind you up until you do. Or if you think you might like him, then get the blind date organised.

My philosophy when it comes to online dating is I'd rather meet them sooner and know whether it had any potential, than falling in love online to find they are a twerp/not your type in real life ;)

Good luck, I love a happy ending!

well up til he stared mentioning meeting etc it hadnt entered my mind....we met on a chat site not dating site and i only gave him my email cos the site was so slow and i wante to keep in touch..

cant speak for him but i wasnt thinking past chatting....certainly didnt give him any signs i wanted to meet....and unless he asks me outright to meet im happy to keep it as it is....lol...as for the pic he hasnt asked for one.....

although i feel a deffo connection im still not sure if im imagining it lol..maybe hes just flirtin with me in a jokey way?...

hes rattled me tho....lol..in a good way....mind you after i answered those stupid questions last night....hes not emailed me yet today :confused: tho he was out last night so might still be in bed lol..

the fact his missing morning email is bugging me.....well not sure i like the feeling lol...so im off to email him :)

hmmm..he beat me to it lol...actually got three from him lol..

and as id told him ive just had my hair cut he jokingly asked if he could see a pic..:rolleyes:.....anyone know a good photographer lololol

looks like il have to bite the bullet now wont I.....
dam if i didnt like him so much hed get the same reply any other blokey from online gets.." i dont do pics online when its just chat and i dont know you"

why do i like this guy so much??
help...lol

Perhaps you click, and that does happen before even meeting.
If you really trust him, and you feel comfortable about it, there is no problem with sending him a picture of yourself.
As others have said, play safe and meet in a public place. Take it from there.
I know of a few people who have met their partners on the net who now have wonderful long term relationships.
The whole thing is to be safe, and play it by ear. You don't know how things will work out. Like any relationship really!

Back