Some questions about Exante..?

bisousbisous

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of starting this diet next week. Could anyone answer these questions I have about it?

• Do you eat 3 things per day (soup, shakes) I'm a little confused about how many you eat?
  • What drinks can you have?
  • Can you take it whilst on the contraceptive pill & taking multivitamins and iron replacement sachets?
  • How much exercise did you do whilst on this? Was it any harder?
  • Do you have to do or take anything extra whilst on this diet?
  • Did you feel ill or dizzy?
  • How much did you lose in a month?
  • What do you think my "target" weight should be? I was 6stone 2 years ago and had gone up to 10st 7 due to illness and drinking too much sugary stuff, I am now 9st 10, but i'm unsure on what weight to have as my target. (I'm only 4'11 btw)

Many Thanks for any help!! :)

You have 3 products a day
You can only drink black coffee, leaf teas and water
The contraceptive pill is fine, but you don't need any added vitamins etc, as all you need are in the packs.
You don't have to do, or take anythings else.
I don't feel ill or dizzy, but some people do in the first few days.
The average is a stone a month, a bit more the first month.
I cannot advise on your target weight, as this is pesonal to you, but you can find out from any health website what is the recommended weight for your height

Great, thanks for your help!! :)

Also, how do you get on with eating solid foods again after this diet? thanks :)

BMI website states that for a height of 4'11'' Weights over 94 lbs (6 stone 10) and under 124 lbs (8 stone 12) are Healthy. Obviously that's a huge range and it's up to you where to choose to be in that range. I would suggest somewhere in the middle (7 stone 11??)? It certainly seems you may have been underweight when you were 6 stone 2 but then BMI is not always regarded as the be all and end all...Hope that help xx

Also, how do you get on with eating solid foods again after this diet? thanks :)

The Cambridge Diet is better at explaining it but I think the idea is that you reintroduce foods slowly, esp protein and veggies and try and eat fewer carbs and preferably wholemeal ones (see GI diet). But I can't be sure as there is no specific guidance that I can find?? xx

Thanks Jubbly, that was really helpful! :) think i'm gonna order this diet tonight xx

Also could I ask, what is "Ketosis" and does anyone know if this diet has a lot of sugar? I have a massive sugar addiction which I think must of made me put on all this weight, i've gone cold turkey (apart from fruit) i'm a bit scared that this might get me on it again haha!
Do you think monthly rather than weekly weigh ins are a good idea? I think i'd get a bit disheartened if I didn't lose much one week?

As far as I can see and taste there is not much sugar/or sub sugars in then, they are far less sweet then say slim fast and it seems most people swaping over from other diets coment on. hope this helps.

Oh that's good! I'm sure that i'll be fine then. :)
Does anyone do any exercise on this diet? I'm thinking I shouldn't push myself tooo much due to the lack of cals, but still do some? x

Also could I ask, what is "Ketosis" and does anyone know if this diet has a lot of sugar? I have a massive sugar addiction which I think must of made me put on all this weight, i've gone cold turkey (apart from fruit) i'm a bit scared that this might get me on it again haha!
Do you think monthly rather than weekly weigh ins are a good idea? I think i'd get a bit disheartened if I didn't lose much one week?

Most people here tend to weigh once a week. Some weigh everyday but weekly will see bigger losses and keep you motivated.

Ketosis is when your body burns off fat instead of carbohydrate, which explains the fast weight loss. Sugar is carbohydrate so I don't think it should have too much. Anything with sugar is likely to knock you out of ketosis. There's absolutely tonnes of info on ketosis on this site...xx

bisousbisous said:

Hello bisousbisous. Interesting name!

I weigh once a month, on the first Sunday of every month. That's right for me because I can lose heart if weekly weight loss is inconsistent. It seems weight loss is a bit erratic but nearly everyone loses around a stone a month. The more weight you have to lose the quicker the initial weigh loss. But it varies.
Exercise, I suggest you start gently. The first week is quite tough so rest a bit more then. That's what I found anyway. My next weigh day will be 1 May but I have already gone own one size or more.

Good luck
GSQ

If you're already exercising, then you'll probably be OK to carry on whatever you're doing. If you're not doing any at the moment, I probably wouldn't start any in week one, but perhaps after a week or two, once you've got used to just normal day to day life on the diet then you could start adding in some exercise. I do a workout dvd now and am starting to cycle more regularly and find it works well for me (at the start I wasn't doing any!) Your body will tell you what's OK for you. Welcome and good luck :)

Thanks for all the help everyone! Can't wait to start now :) xx

Bisous bisous - kiss kiss in French? I remember it from my french exchange trip.

Just had to say I love your name x

Bisous bisous - kiss kiss in French? I remember it from my french exchange trip.

Just had to say I love your name x

Hehe yes, i've got a t shirt with it on, thought it was cute :) x

Back