Somebody kick me....!

*butterfly*

Silver Member
HELP!!!! I am so p'd off with myself, yet seem to be on a slippery road of sabotage and i can't find the brakes!

I always tend to have a post WI nibble, so this happened last Wed/Thur. I had lost 6lb and was so chuffed. Always get straight back on so not too harsh on self normally.....but.....on Sat night went out to a wedding 'do', at about 330am when home i cheated and scoffed a slice of cake, doritos, cheese + chocolate buttons.

Determined to get back on plan but have just not been able to do it. Had a little nibble yesterday. Then today i've been stuck in the house with my poorly daughter and have eaten the rest of the giant choc buttons and doritos, some cheese, a melba toast cracker, and picked at the equivalent of a bowl of beef casserole my OH made this morning.

I feel like crap, my stomach is bloated, i have a major headache and no energy and i know its my own fault. Its the first major blow out i've had and i just don't get how i can be so stupid when all was going so well.... Luckily my scales battery is gone so don't even know what damage i've done- dreading WI on wednesday. I know i'll be gutted if i gain, cos i was 1lb off my 4stone last week.

Most of the time i am so into cd, and even start to think i'm getting into the right head space to be able to maintain, then i do something like this. It just shows how the old habits die hard....I know i've just got to get back on track, forget it and move on but just needed to have rant at my stupidity first! xx

oh i dont want to give you a virtual kick up the bum!! i have to say yr losses are pretty good to say you have a post W.I nibble. Remember the reason you started CD in favour of other diets? Im sure there were similar to lots of us, (apart from the great weight loss) that you wanted to be in control of your eating as you know that the little nibbles can lead to larger nibbles which lead to binges or banquets! etc. And if you do have a little slip. dont punish yourself for the rest of the day/week and write it off... by eating more! you are doing amazing so draw a line under it now and carry on! good luck!! x

Big hugs Butterfly, I think you are kicking yourself enough already so don't need another... going offplan can be like this for me too, so know how you are feeling. You have come SO far though hun, don't allow a small slip to derail you. You're in charge here!

Get the tempting food out of the house, draw a line under what has happened and carry on 100% from NOW... and stop trying to punish yourself, you made a mistake, learned a lesson and it's time to get back on track. You can do this!

xxx

Awww, thanks. It really helps to hear you both understanding where i'm at... and to remind me that it can stop now. I can do this..! Its just so easy to return to the bingers mindset, 'well i've had a, b, c, so i may as well have the rest of the bloody alphabet, and then be good!' And i know that is what i was doing, it made me feel horrible about myself before and just cause i'm 4 stone down it still makes you feel as bad, so i just know its not right for me. Not quite sure why it happened now, probably a combination of tiredness, boredom, + lots on plate at moment. It worries me that you can slip into that habit so easily. But you are right, i am in charge... 'i want' does not have to be 'i have' so it stops this second.
I'm under no illusion that this will be plain sailing when i get to goal, i've always said the losing is the easy bit. I just hope that i will always have the ability to halt any slips early on. At least i'll have you guys on minis to fall back on for help!
Thanks so much, you've helped avert an even bigger binge disaster than has already happened. xx

You've drawn the line now. wake up tomorrow with the right mind set and a fresh start

All I'm going to say is that I ran the teams weigh in comp this week, as you know, and who was our biggest loser of the week???;)

Ha ha, you have a good memory kellymundy! Thats what makes it even more infuriating cos i was so chuffed with myself! I'm going to have to stop this- 'can have a nibble of chicken' thing, as my WI 'reward', its just stupid. It's got to be strict ss from now on. You've all done so well and really help me believe that i can do this long term, just can't let the odd blip stand in the way.

Feeling rough, so going to wash up, have a soup and treat self to an early night so can start afresh and revived tomorrow.
Any tips to shift the probable glycogen gain?

Hi butterfly - would just like to say you've had some really good advice already I wont repeat. However you are in good company. I did similar last week. For me its like you subconsciously try and scupper yourself because you have done well already, and I had a little voice saying, you've done so well, would it be so bad if you stayed at this weight???? It took me 2 days of eating cr@p to make it hear me shout "Nooooo I set this target for a reason". I don't think you can do much about the gain, but mine seems to have all gone now, after a week of being good, and keep the water intake up. It is only a minor setback, we are all human. Jump back on that SS horse and you'll be fine hun :D

Tommorow is a new day butterfly, wishing you well. It really can be difficult to do this diet but with 55 pounds lost already, I know you can get back on track. All the best x

Back