somebody re motivate me!!!!

lottie***

I have spent the last 3 weeks nibbling and eating and i cant get out of the habit!!! I feel out of control which i hate. My weigh ins have been small and slow and i want my mojo back! I keep having a 'word' with myself but i still carry on eating! kick up the bum required pleeeeeeasse! :rolleyes:

You've come this far honey, you don't want to fall at the final hurdle or you could find yourself back at the start of the race. When do you weigh in?

Hello! I havent seen you on FB but sending love to you now. You have done so amazingly well, why not just finish the lot off before summer?

xx

Lottie, you really have done amazingly well and I wonder whether the fact that you're so much closer to your goal now means that there isn't as big and obvious a need to get right into it, if you know what I mean! But think about back at the beginning, when you started, I don't think when you pictured being at goal it was to be how you are now, you're so close, you just need to stop faffing about and get on with it again!! It's always hard coming back after a couple of weeks off.

You're paying what, £36 a week to do this diet? That's a lot to be paying to pick and eat things which jeopardise your losses. So next time you feel like picking at something, imagine a £36 price tag, imagine that to eat that, you had to hand over £36 of your hard earned cash, I think you'll soon see that it's just not worth it!!

What have you got coming up that you can use as motivation? A birthday? Holiday? Keep thinking of that thing you've got coming up that you want to look even more fab for, think about how picking is slowing that down.

If you use a calendar, you could get some of those sticky stars and on 100% days put a gold star, on naughty days put a different colour star, that might help motivate you if you'd want to see lots of gold stars!

But my biggest tip of all is just to forget about it, don't worry and stress about yesterday just draw a line under it because today has enough hurdles of it's own, tomorrow will get here in it's own time regardless of how much you worry about that, so forget about that for today too. Just take everything one day at a time, focussing on the here and now. You can do it missy!!

weigh ins are monday, this week i think will also be a slow week! caroline that stars idea is good! I plan to run the race for life in july and be all done by then for sure, i really wanted to get there by mid april but i'll be lucky! I just dont know whi im plodding like this when i want to get there! I miss doing things with friends and stuff also, its like the shine has rubbed off a little bit.

Thanks for your replies, i will keep going! maybe a big loss will help me get back into it too... love seeing those scales down and having the buzz of a good weigh in! we can all do this! xxxx

Yeah! You go girl! :D

Mid April is a realistic goal. Are you in training for the Race for Life? That must help shed a few pounds.
Good luck

just about to start training- when i have bought some new trainers and a sports bra! lol! is only brisk walking for first 2 1/2 weeks so wont make too much difference, plan on following a pretty slow long program as i dont run at all! maybe that will also give me sme more motivation! xxx

Good Luck lottie with Race For Life. I do this every year as part of the walking contingent.

Caroline is right about the money side of this - I have been messing about and I pay £45 a week (4 packs a day). I am now saying a big NO to the silly blips and instead thinking that I could be at goal very soon if I give CD 100% commitment - its so worth it x

Back