Something bizare - do you believe in this?

SammyE

Silver Member
Ok so we are having a thunder storm here and I hear what sounded like the dogs coming up the stairs and then sniffing under my door, got up but the dogs werent there, checked the other rooms and still no dogs, went downstairs and all the doors were still shut.

Both dogs were sleeping, looking rather shocked I had turned the light on at such an hour...

Anyway the weird thing is, we did have a dog who was very scared of storms and she would always open the kitchen door and come flying up stairs and come into my room but she died 6 months ago... but for the life of me I swear I heard that.

I dont really believe in all that stuff but it was just weird!

I believe it happened to you but I'm not sure I believe a spirit dog visited you.Perhaps it was a dream where the noise of the storm and its association with your beloved dog became merged to the extent that you "heard" it coming to for comfort.
It probably means that you had a close bond with this pet.
I am a dog lover and I would be happy to experience something like that with one who has passed on.

I had an experience somewhat similar.
I was living with my sister and her son and had a day off from work. I heard them both downstairs having a really good laugh together and decided to get up and join in the merriment. I got to the sitting room door the laughing continued very loudly but when I opened it noone was there!! They had actually gone out for the morning well before I even woke up.
To this day I still feel quite unnerved remembering it.

Back