something funny happened

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by fillymum, 13 July 2010 Social URL.

1. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Something funny happened here this morning. Or at least I thought it was funny.

Our house has a very long private lane to it with huge gates at the end. The gates are kept closed most of the time because at this time of the year the horses are out there grazing.

This morning all 5 of our small dogs started kicking up such a fuss and one by one jumped through the dining room window. I totally ignored them for about 5 minutes as no one can open the gates I thought no one could be there.

I thought I had better check it out, why they were barking so much. I stuck my head through the spare bedroom window ( the house is all on one level ) and there before my eyes was a Spaniard sat on the roof of a car we have parked up for a friend. 5 naughty little dogs had him and the car surrounded. He was terrified. He was even more terrified when the 2 Great Danes put their heads through the window to see what was going on.

I called the dogs off him and he very shakily explained that he was here on holiday and knew of our stud from the Internet and wanted to know if he and his family could come and have a look around.................... the answer to that was NO. I was polite but surely if he had found us on the Internet he could have called. He had left his car down the lane and walked here.

Might not sound funny now but it gave me the best laugh I have had since Spirit died to see this poor guy squatting on the roof of the car.

Oh well if you ignore me I might go away..............no promises though !!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mummy_Helen

Mummy_Helen Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(25.12%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    LOL I find it hillarious! poor guy, but that will teach him to come by unannounced!

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    doesn't sound very innocent to me!

5. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Lol funny......how did he get past the gate?

6. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The land in our valley is in wide terraces and he went on the bottom terrace, which doesn't belong to us and does not have a gate, and then came up the slope.

This is a photo from the front of the house and I think it gives you an idea of the layout of the valley.

[​IMG]

7. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That looks sooooooo nice :)

8. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    really jealous!!

9. foodjunkie10

foodjunkie10 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Who Knows!!
    sounds really dodgy to me. Your house is ace :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.