Something strange but it's made me proud

Yasmine

One last chance
I know that it may not seem a big deal to many people, well mostely people without a weight problem anyway. But today, I have never felt this much control over myself in a long time.

Both my parents work in a chippy, I went there to go and pick up some kind of tea a friend of mine who works there had. Anyway, usually, when I'm there, I look at all the chicken, fish, fish cakes and chips and usually, my mind is screaming in agony, "I want some fried goodies!!!' but I sat down and started to have a little think.

Do I really want it? am I hungry? will it make me feel better?

Actually concentrating, and listening to my gut, no. I didn't want it, I didn't need it. And it was really strange because usually I am craving like crazy! every day on LT I'm craving, but today, I wasn't.

Same thing happened when I went to the supermarket with my mum, straight away when you walk in, sweets, gummies and ice creams flood the entrance, and the same thing happened. I wasn't tempted, I didn't even give them a second look.

This is a huge breakthrough to me, I know to some it may not seem as something major but to me, I feel like I've one the olympics or something LOL.

Well, anyways, just thought I would share. I hope everyone is doing well, keep it up guys. It just gets better and better :flirt2:

Wow that is brilliant xxx gimme some of that!!! If u could bottle it and sell it u wud b a millionaire x

that must be such a good feeling!! i know what you mean about craving stuff but actually i realise i am not hungry i just want the goodies cause i know i like them and that they taste good!!! i think resisting temptation gives you a real buzz cause you know you do not need to eat that stuff well done yasmine be proud of yourself hun!!!:)

Wow that is brilliant xxx gimme some of that!!! If u could bottle it and sell it u wud b a millionaire x

LOL thanks. It really is a good feeling, for once it makes you not feel so fat :)

that must be such a good feeling!! i know what you mean about craving stuff but actually i realise i am not hungry i just want the goodies cause i know i like them and that they taste good!!! i think resisting temptation gives you a real buzz cause you know you do not need to eat that stuff well done yasmine be proud of yourself hun!!!:)

Thankies :D
Oh I know! it just makes you realise also, all those times when you thought you were hungry when you actually aren't. It's like smells. The smell of chocolate and coffee stimulates hunger, thus you feel that you need to eat, but you don't.

Don't get me wrong, I do feel sometimes that I just want to have a choccie, but that's my old habits trying to reach the surface. I will never be able to be 'normal', no matter how thin I become, I will always be 'Big Yaz' deep down inside. But that doesn't that I can't kick my food demons to the curb everytime they return.

It's kinda like summer time, you know that those irratating bugs will always come back, but you can always get repellant, so if my food demons return, I have to swat them away each time. I can have an indulging day every once in a while (1 every month maybe :rolleyes:) just have to be careful, if I over do things, there's always the gym :cool:

Hi babes i feel exactly the same way i dont want any goodies anymore wen my friends are eating them i just look at the calories on the back an think wow dats more than i have in one day why the hell waste the calories. Yes there are some days wen i just want something but its no longer goodies now its healthy stuff. Its a great feeling it makes you feel so in control.

I would definitely say its one of the best tings i have experienced on lt its changed my view of eating and food so much. well done and your right to feel so happy.

Hi babes i feel exactly the same way i dont want any goodies anymore wen my friends are eating them i just look at the calories on the back an think wow dats more than i have in one day why the hell waste the calories. Yes there are some days wen i just want something but its no longer goodies now its healthy stuff. Its a great feeling it makes you feel so in control.

I would definitely say its one of the best tings i have experienced on lt its changed my view of eating and food so much. well done and your right to feel so happy.

Thanks annie. That's another thing that I have a huge habit with these days, whenever I go to the supermarket, I will look and compare calories with everything, from bread, cakes, choccies, it's so bad lol.

Don't you ever treat yourself? like have something you normally wouldn't like once every week or two?

Thanks annie. That's another thing that I have a huge habit with these days, whenever I go to the supermarket, I will look and compare calories with everything, from bread, cakes, choccies, it's so bad lol.

Don't you ever treat yourself? like have something you normally wouldn't like once every week or two?

I do that as well but my new ting is looking for stuff i can substitute for unhealthy stuff i have a diary with calories and fat and carbs of lots of stuff i can have on maintenance. Im a freak i am so prepared its crazy. But i tink dats how im goin to maintain.

Im gonna try stay away from using food as treats i dont know if that will work for long but im tinking if i dont have a taste for it i wont want it. Only time will tell i guess.

Yasmine, you put it so well. You are right, it is a breakthrough to realise what it is you feel about food and why you feel it. This is half the battle for all of us. I think most who will read your post wil identify straight off with it. You are doing really well and good for you.

It is an amazing feeling when we realise our old eating habits and even better to discover they no longer hold power over us. I have now realised that no food can make me feel as good as fitting into smaller clothes and having more confidence. That is a good feeling that lastes unlike chocolate.

Yasmine, you put it so well. You are right, it is a breakthrough to realise what it is you feel about food and why you feel it. This is half the battle for all of us. I think most who will read your post wil identify straight off with it. You are doing really well and good for you.

Thanks Molly, I really do hope people learn to listen to their stomaches instead of their heads. It's a very hard battle to win once you reach goal.

Your weight loss looks amazing! well done!

It is an amazing feeling when we realise our old eating habits and even better to discover they no longer hold power over us. I have now realised that no food can make me feel as good as fitting into smaller clothes and having more confidence. That is a good feeling that lastes unlike chocolate.

So true, fitting into smaller clothes gives me a bigger feeling of euphoria :p

Oh, well done Yasmine, learning to have control over your cravings is so enpowering and makes you feel so flippin` positive! You are soo far on your way in your LT journey, keep it going! Everyday I wake up I feel so upbeat and ready to start the day ahead. Yes, at times it is really tough, but it`s amazing how quickly you get over those hurdles and get on with the job in hand. ie. losing weight! Have another brilliant week, you must be so proud of yourself. x

Wow Yaz, well done!! I think you've nailed it!! We all need to conquer the demon cravings we get for cr*p we don't need. Actually thinking about whether we need it or not will definately help me. There are times of course when I go 'Sod it', but theres usually hormones involved, and its never too bad (some choc, or jellies- damn haribo...LOL!), and I've realised it's not the end of the world if I have a bit. I just get back on track, and usually regret my weakness as I have to then balance it out over the rest of the day!
Way to go girl!!

Oh, well done Yasmine, learning to have control over your cravings is so enpowering and makes you feel so flippin` positive! You are soo far on your way in your LT journey, keep it going! Everyday I wake up I feel so upbeat and ready to start the day ahead. Yes, at times it is really tough, but it`s amazing how quickly you get over those hurdles and get on with the job in hand. ie. losing weight! Have another brilliant week, you must be so proud of yourself. x

Thanks, it is tough huh? but I dunno what it is, I seem to feel a little confident and prepared for the time I refeed, before I didn't want to get off.

Wow Yaz, well done!! I think you've nailed it!! We all need to conquer the demon cravings we get for cr*p we don't need. Actually thinking about whether we need it or not will definately help me. There are times of course when I go 'Sod it', but theres usually hormones involved, and its never too bad (some choc, or jellies- damn haribo...LOL!), and I've realised it's not the end of the world if I have a bit. I just get back on track, and usually regret my weakness as I have to then balance it out over the rest of the day!
Way to go girl!!

LOL thanks irish, wow, I haven't heard from you in a while, how are you?

I wouldn't say I've nailed it just yet, I mean, it's pretty easy right now as food isn't an option. I'm sure I will feel the heat when I eat again, but I don't think I'll be feeling the burn if you get what I mean :cool:.

Hi yaz, I'm grand. Nearing the end of a 2wk refeed (which I didn't stick to 100% but haven't done any 'harm' yet? LOL!) and looking forward- yet terrified of eating 'normally' again?
I'll be logging faithfully, and am contemplating adding a little exercise for a while to rev up my metabolism a bit while I settle into eating again? We'll see though, I need to find some motivation to actually do it! LOL!
I think planning ahead as much as possible will be my no. 1 thing to nail? It's when I don't know what I'm having for tea or something that throws me and I have to use whatevers in the fridge/cupboard? I guess I just have to make sure it's all healthy stuff from now on!
Keep going, you're almost back where you were, and making progress on working out how to stay there this time. It's the second part of the struggle that no one talks about much, yet is almost harder than losing the weight in the first place!

Hi yaz, I'm grand. Nearing the end of a 2wk refeed (which I didn't stick to 100% but haven't done any 'harm' yet? LOL!) and looking forward- yet terrified of eating 'normally' again?
I'll be logging faithfully, and am contemplating adding a little exercise for a while to rev up my metabolism a bit while I settle into eating again? We'll see though, I need to find some motivation to actually do it! LOL!
I think planning ahead as much as possible will be my no. 1 thing to nail? It's when I don't know what I'm having for tea or something that throws me and I have to use whatevers in the fridge/cupboard? I guess I just have to make sure it's all healthy stuff from now on!
Keep going, you're almost back where you were, and making progress on working out how to stay there this time. It's the second part of the struggle that no one talks about much, yet is almost harder than losing the weight in the first place!

Very true, well done for sticking to refeed, I can't to join and the others. It's always best to plan, I find that I completely go astray if I just wing it, because I'll end up popping anything in my mouth.

I think to avoid this is to always do a weeks worth of healthy shopping and only use what you need, which will be easier as we won't be able to eat as much.

The annoying thing is though even the shopping that I do for myself, everyone else in my family uses it all up and start messing around with food, making them unhealthy and very calorific, makes me wish I lived on my own. I think I would stay slim forever lol.

Just be sure that you don't restrict yourself too much when you're on maintenance. Treat yourself every now and again, I certainly will be :D

Back