Sooo miserable

fattifi

I just don't know what is wrong with me. I just can't seem to stay on track. I start off well then by mid afternoon all will power is out the window. I have binged all week. I'm so miserable with my weight but loose so slowly that I get to the 'what's the point stage' and binge.

I just don't know how to get my motivation back :(

Winge over. Sorry.

Could you try and "for" and "against" list for losing weight and stick it on your fridge so you're reminded of all the reasons why you want to stay on plan and lose the weight? :)

What happens every mid afternoon that you need to binge? What is the trigger? And what do you binge on? If you take an afternoon break at work for example and end up going to the sweet vending machine then you need to avoid it. Are you having enough for lunch? Could you organise a sweet-tasting snack for mid afternoon to take your mind off it?

Are you eating enough and what are you craving? I struggled to bust my chocolate habit when I first started so I'd have a load of Options Hot Choc sachets in my desk so I wouldn't raid the tuckshop drawer at work. :) At home I just don't have any 'naughty' stuff in so if I do binge it's on Alpen Lights or something, and then I change my day to accommodate them. I know I can't be trusted with chocolate or crisps around me so I just don't have them in! Takes the willpower out of it!

What happens every mid afternoon that you need to binge? What is the trigger? And what do you binge on? If you take an afternoon break at work for example and end up going to the sweet vending machine then you need to avoid it. Are you having enough for lunch? Could you organise a sweet-tasting snack for mid afternoon to take your mind off it?

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I'm not eating enough for lunch/ before I leave the house (I work part time) so I'm getting s hungry and grabbing the nearest thing, which in my office is usually chocolate. i then thnk 'well I've ruined it now' and go on a spending spree in asda for rubbish!

I need to eat more at lunch, have some low syn/ syn free snacks with me at all times and maybe have some optins in my desk for that chocolate fix! Hw many syns are in options?

Ah OK, well therein lies your problem hon. I find SW great but I find it only works if I am always prepared and bring my own breakfast and lunch and snacks into work with me - otherwise I'd just cave as we hold a lot of meetings here so there are invariably catering platters coming in every day with cakes, cheeses, sausage rolls.....you get the picture!

In the morning I have two wholemeal slices of bread with LoLo cheese, a poached egg and a satsuma and apple. Then for lunch I have a MASSIVE bowl of homemade vegetable soup with some melon and an apple. Then I have a yogurt as an afternoon snack and if very hungry will nibble on some smoked ham. I then have a generous dinner when I get home. I've a lot more to lose than you but I lost 3.5lbs this week (go me!) and I can honestly say I've never been hungry. I find it's when I'm hungry I make bad choices so try and plan out the night before what you are going to eat the next day and you will notice a big difference xx

Ah OK, well therein lies your problem hon. I find SW great but I find it only works if I am always prepared and bring my own breakfast and lunch and snacks into work with me - otherwise I'd just cave as we hold a lot of meetings here so there are invariably catering platters coming in every day with cakes, cheeses, sausage rolls.....you get the picture!

In the morning I have two wholemeal slices of bread with LoLo cheese, a poached egg and a satsuma and apple. Then for lunch I have a MASSIVE bowl of homemade vegetable soup with some melon and an apple. Then I have a yogurt as an afternoon snack and if very hungry will nibble on some smoked ham. I then have a generous dinner when I get home. I've a lot more to lose than you but I lost 3.5lbs this week (go me!) and I can honestly say I've never been hungry. I find it's when I'm hungry I make bad choices so try and plan out the night before what you are going to eat the next day and you will notice a big difference xx

It was only when I read it that I thought 'I'm not eating enough!'

That is always my downfall when I'm hungery and I haven't got anything with me prepared to snack on. I now try to make sure I never get to the point where I feel so hungry I will just grab anything. I always have hifi light bars, low syn crisps and mug shots in my draw and take a load of fruit and yogurts with me in my cool bag when I'm working. As well as my lunch.

Preparation is key when your going through a rough patch. I find it helps to plan my whole days food out the night before factoring in all snacks and syns. Then I know I can eat everything on the food plan without having to think about it - it takes out the need for will power - if you factor a chocolate snack and bag of crisps into your day you know you can have them at anythime without worring about whether you have any syns left. I find I don't eat as much on these days cause I'm not constantly thinking about food.

Back