soooo worried

abigail09

Gold Member
15 days til my ALL INCLUSIVE holiday in egypt and only 4lbs off target so doubt im going to get there by then as weight loss ahs been very very slow recently but anyhooo...

a couple from my group jsut got back from 2 weeks all inclusive somewhere. he put on 16LBS!!! and she put on 11!!! :eek:

i havent even LOST 16lbs so its making me very very worried. im going for a week but even then im dreading putting on 7lbs as its taken sooooo long to get off. im worried that i jsut wont be able to resist drinks and dessert :S

16 and 11lbs in 2 weeks is pretty extreme - they must have really gone for it and eaten everything in sight! I'd say that you need to consider how far you've come and how difficult you've found it and weigh up whether its worth wrecking it all for a pudding every day and loads of vino - I don't think so. Obviously don't ruin your holiday, but neither should you eat everything cos its all inclusive. You'd feel rubbish when you got back I guarantee it.

Why not try a couple of days of Success Express before you go? That might help you loose a lb or two.

11/16lbs is an awful lot to put on in two weeks. Perhaps they've got quite a bit to loose? Sometimes, people who have more to loose put on and loose in more dramatic measures than those with only a few pounds to go.

Egypt has some great food, lots of lovely salads and soups in particular with which all be free/very low in syns. Whereabouts in Egypt are you going? Luxor or Cairo? Or Sharm? Different places have different types of food, but all have some good local lean meats and salads.

I really wouldn't worry too much. You can have a holiday, have an ice cream or two (!) put on a few pounds and then loose it all again in a few weeks once you're home. Going on holiday and living it up a bit is what thin people do - and they compensate when they come home by being good for a while.

I'd say: do a couple of Success Express days before you go so you can get as close to target as possible, talk to your consultant, forget about it and have a great time on your holiday (perhaps making sure you're getting at least one healthy free/low syn meal a day) and then accept that you'll have put on a couple of lbs when you come home that you need to be good to loose.

One lb is 3500 calories over and above what your body needs. It's highly unlikely that you're going to put on lbs and lbs and lbs.

im going to try and sucess express most days as it is buffet style so 2/3 veg and salad and 1/3 meat and rice/pot/pasta etc. to minimise the damage. i have been reading quite a few reviews and the only complaints is the food at the hotel seems to be a bit crap and a lot of people have had bad stomachs but when it comes to drink im going to jsut drink whatever i want. i deserve a holiday i think lol. still papping myself for a big gain :(

I would just take it each day at a time on holiday and see how it goes, if your dying for a pudding don't deprive yourself as you are on holiday , you could also stick to spirits with diet mixers. And go for nice walks along the beach as if you keep active the less weight you are more likley to put on. Don't worry you may not even put on any weight, however if you do, then you know how to take it off as you have done it before. x

I seem to remember on my one brief visit to group that there was a lady who had been on a cruise which was all inclusive for a couple of weeks and she came back and had lost weight!

Ive managed to go on hols n come back more or less the same or only a couple of lbs above what i went away as. Treat yourself your on holiday then try to choose your main meals as healthier options so if you have that HUGE ice cream just have some meat n salad for tea but when push comes to shove you have saved up for your hols its once in a blue moon you do it and you can always lose what you put on dont stress enjoy yourself

Gen x

I went to Italy (dreaded but very lovely pizzas!) and didn't particularly watch too much what I was doing. I avoided having pizza every day, but I did have two I think. I had a couple of days of pasta in tomato based sauces. But I also had a couple of ice creams and drank probably four days out of seven. I put on one lb, which I lost (along with another two) when I came home.

It's not ideal, and we shouldn't do it every week... but once in a while it's perfectly normal to put on a lb or two and then loose it again.

I wouldn't worry about doing Success Express while you are there. Maybe for a day or two. But it's up to you. I'd enjoy your holiday, you're obviously very much looking forward to it. Be careful before, and be good when you get back. But you deserve a holiday and as long as you don't over-do it, I say enjoy yourself and make the most of it. I'm jealous! I wish I was going!

I think the other thing is that you are less active if you are going on a beach holiday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the most active of people in my everyday life but all the extra food and drink combined with lazing on a sun lounger whilst on ya hols is asking for trouble!!! lol ;)
I always gain big time when I go away....despite all my good intentions before hand. I convince myself that I am am holiday and I will deal with it when I get back....also, I have usually been dieting beforehand so I think my body says 'whooohooo' when it starts getting all the nice food!
I can only think of one time when I gained just 2lbs. I ate and drunk sensibly (but didn't go without anything) and I made sure I swam several lengths in the pool everyday. Needless to say, when I returned home and the scales showed me how angelic I had been, I then went on a massive binge to 'reward' myself!!

So I think I would say, try and strike a balance and remember that having a good time doesn't mean stuffing your face!!!

Enjoy!

Sam
xxx

hey i think as long as you stick to your 3 meals a day and dont pick in between you might be ok..hey and a holiday is to be enjoyed we all work so hard for 1 so enjoy it !!

also just to lower the tone, if Mr abigail is going away you will probably get more exercise than normal !;):rolleyes:

mr abigail is in the dog house atm lol

no but so am i. just hope we dont get too irritated with each other while were away!

my oh irritated the **** out of me at the weekend so much so he slept in the other room!!grrr men they just do your friggin head in..we re cool now though ,my mum thinks its all to do with the moon???

I think its the weather - men get a little over excitable when its windy (bit like kids - they go mad!)

Back