Sophie's New York Slimdown!

Feeling proud of myself today! All my family have had cooked brekkie this morning and snacked on Doritos and dips and choccie ice cream this afternoon. Feeling proud of myself while I snack on my mugshot and skips!

You should be proud :) and I'm glad the wedding was good!

Regarding fast days it does work well for some people on here as long as you're organised xxxx

Hi lovely! Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend at the wedding!!!
SW is a life change and you shouldn't avoid social outings because of it. Enjoy yourself and get straight back on plan afterwards :) xxx

Hello lovely ladies! Sorry I haven't been around - was having tummy troubles with SW (I suffer badly from IBS, and I think the extra fibre sends my stomach a bit bonkers). Anyway I won't go into the unpleasant stuff but I was having lots of bloating and troubles. After a big chat to my mum and dad who both follow the paleo/primal diet (which is mostly based on clean eating) who have have both practically cured their ibs I felt like it was the right time for me to try it and give my poor tummy a bit of a break!

So since Monday I have been trying to adopt this way of eating to reset some of my digestive issues and hopefully get some of the other benefits too (better sleep, more energy and weight loss are all promised!). It feels weird after following slimming world to have things like olive oil and nuts and avocados but I am enjoying it so far! I know I won't be able to follow it perfectly as it is hard to do socially but I really want to give my stomach as much of a rest as possible!!!

Jessy - I know you follow this WOE, any tips? I might start posting my food diary again but I know this is a slimming world thread so would that cause issues?

Hello Hun :) Firstly keep writing in your diary. I am sure that no-one will mind, after all it still write in mine! Plus people can still get good food ideas but can adapt them for sw :)

Definitely try seeds with nuts and dried fruit - a yummy and filling breakfast. I use almond milk but normal is fine and not a lot of milk is needed you just want to soak the seeds.

0% yoghurt with cashews is a nice snack. Nakd bars are really handy as they have nothing bad in them at all. And I have a good recipe for healthy chocolate and brownies should you want them :) xxxx

Plan for today:

(B): Greek yoghurt with blueberries and banana

(L): goats cheese and Parma ham salad with walnuts, toms, peppers and balsamic/oil mix dressing

(D): 98% pork gluten free sausage casserole with sweet potato mash

(S): almond nuts, M&S bacon strips, grapes

(I am still allowing myself dairy as I know it's the grains and gluten that make my tummy bad but trying to stick to soft cheese as these are more paleo friendly!)

Nice to see you back hun and hope this helps your tummy! Your food sounds really yummy for today, especially the goats cheese and Palma ham salad xxx

Chocolate brownies with avocado in - I'm not sure about that?????

So yummy

image-202535995.jpg

Feeling tired today! Can't decide if it's the change of diet or the exhaustion of starting a new job! Anyway it's my Friday today so looking forward to a long lie in tomorrow!

Hope you're feeling okay!

Ooh how is the new job going? I hope you're enjoying it!

Enjoy your lie in :) xxxx

Feeling a little bit run down today but had a lovely lie in! Think it's probably a bit of everything - new job change, change in the weather and change in food. I know all the yummy fruit and veggies I've been eating will make me feel better soon though!

Not really sure what we are up to today yet so food plan not nailed down. Definitely having banana pancakes for brekkie though (made with mashed egg and banana) as I have loads of bananas to get through!

Back