Sore Back...advice please!!

mrsmca2b

So...last few weeks I've been back into SW 100%. I'm 3lbs off of my 1.5st award and just handed in my wk 4 of gold body magic.

However, I went to a gym class after weigh in last night and have totally done my back in! I was planning to go to yoga tomo but don't want to make it worse. What can I do to ease the pain and is yoga a good idea?

Thanks in advance...

Well done with your sw - you're doing really well.

I'd guess you've pulled a muscle or something. Personally I would use heat spray/deep freeze patches to ease the muscle and if it's sore ibuprofen. I wouldn't go to yoga until it's better just in case you make it worse.

This is just my opinion and what I would do though, I may not be medically correct???

Hope that's some help xx

rachel1984 said:
Well done with your sw - you're doing really well.

I'd guess you've pulled a muscle or something. Personally I would use heat spray/deep freeze patches to ease the muscle and if it's sore ibuprofen. I wouldn't go to yoga until it's better just in case you make it worse.

This is just my opinion and what I would do though, I may not be medically correct???

Hope that's some help xx

Thanks...especially with such a speedy reply! I think your right, I was just hoping of a different answer! Dont think its as far a an actual pulled muscle but it's twinging a lot, so don't want to risk it getting worse...sob!! Super frustrating!

Hope your having a good day!!

X

I actually had a muscle spasm in my back about 6 weeks ago and it risked going again a few weeks back so have spent a lot of time smelling of deep heat!!! If you push it and make it worse it will take a lot longer to heal - instead of days you could end up looking at weeks or months. Definately not worth it.

It's very positive that you are disappointed with missing out on exercise though, well done!! xx

Saw it :D Thank you :D

Nice to see someone else in a similar situation.

We will both be slim brides :character00250:

When's your wedding? xx

Nothing booked yet, but we're hoping spring 2013...seems like far far away, but I'm scared it'll creep up on me!!

I have every faith in us both being skinny come out wedding days! Are you all organised?xx

Getting there. Bit of a waiting game at the minute because most things are booked but can't do much more until next year. I'm making my own invitations though so could be working on them!!!

The time does fly!! And I've been so surprised at how quickly things book up. We booked most things 12 months in advance but couldn't have our first choice of venue or cars. Really happy with what we have gone with though. xx

I have a sore back too :( Its horrible isn't it!? I'm using ibuprofen gel and painkillers, l'm also trying to maintain my posture. I had this before and it lasted for months, just hoping it doesnt go the same way again. Hope you're back is feeling better soon

Tazzy x

I have a sore back too :( Its horrible isn't it!? I'm using ibuprofen gel and painkillers, l'm also trying to maintain my posture. I had this before and it lasted for months, just hoping it doesnt go the same way again. Hope you're back is feeling better soon

Tazzy x

Just to let you know when I had my bad back I started using ibuprofen gel but when I researched into it, apparently it's not very effective because only a very small amount gets absorbed into the body and you can't take ibuprofen tablets with it.xx

Back