Sorry - another fruit freezing question!

Can you tell I am being good & sorting my fridge instead of binning it all out (think of the pennies I am saving!!! :D)

Ok so Blueberries now - you know how you can eat frozen grapes, well do you think it would work as well with frozen blueberries???

My daughter loves frozen grapes & as asda were selling of huge punnets of blueberries yesterday at just 39p i bought 3 but again they will be off by the time we're home.

So can I freeze & eat from frozen or would I need to defrost first? Oh & anything I have to do to them first other than washing?? x

Yes they'll be ok to freeze, but I'd defrost them before eating. They're only little things so won't take long.

What a bargin blueberries for 39p

Hi
I buy frozen blueberries and they are lovely in jelly, or tipped onto your porridge in a morning :drool:. I do also snaffle them frozen sometimes -but I do that with raspberries, cherries n strawberries too :p

i'd eat them frozen :)

run under the tap in a collander for a couple of mins and they should be deftrosted.. works with prawns too..
not hot water, just "room temp" water so you might need to mix in a bit of hot in this weather..

buy a bag of frozen fruit coctail and see if you like it..
apples, mandarin, grape, melon, pineapple..
not keen on frozen melon myself but the rest are great..

Back