sorry another question

blondie37

if food has say 10gr fat per 100gr but im only having half so 5gr fat for meal can i eat it , or is a no no to any food with over 5gr fat per 100r no matter how little you eat ,, thanks

Strictly speaking, it should be 5g per 100g of food, no matter how much you're eating (and no more than 15g fat per meal). If you did eat something higher than 5% in fat, but in a smaller quanity, you'd be taking a chance with side effects.
It's to do with the concentration of fat in your food, as well as the total amount per meal.
I'd start off on the cautious side until you get used to the tablets, then you can experiment and see what you can get away with (or not!)

Hi

As said above the advice is to limit anything with 5g per 100g. but this is personal. I have found there are some foods that are over this which don't give me any side effects at all, and other things that are in it that I can't eat. So much of this at the begining is trial and error, and remembering that the effects don't always come straight away cos that can catch people out at first.

You'll work it out for you. Good Luck

Great reply Alex. Exactly what she said x

Back