sorry another question

Discussion in 'Orlistat (Xenical)' started by blondie37, 30 March 2010 Social URL.

1. blondie37

blondie37 Member

if food has say 10gr fat per 100gr but im only having half so 5gr fat for meal can i eat it , or is a no no to any food with over 5gr fat per 100r no matter how little you eat ,, thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Alex_1978

Alex_1978 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st4lb(49.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Xenical until March 2011 then Weight Watchers, now Exante (from 4/9/11)
    Strictly speaking, it should be 5g per 100g of food, no matter how much you're eating (and no more than 15g fat per meal). If you did eat something higher than 5% in fat, but in a smaller quanity, you'd be taking a chance with side effects.
    It's to do with the concentration of fat in your food, as well as the total amount per meal.
    I'd start off on the cautious side until you get used to the tablets, then you can experiment and see what you can get away with (or not!)

4. blondie37

blondie37 Member

Thanks luv for replying to both my threads xx

5. jacquirsw

jacquirsw Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.98%)
    Diet:
    xenical
    Hi

As said above the advice is to limit anything with 5g per 100g. but this is personal. I have found there are some foods that are over this which don't give me any side effects at all, and other things that are in it that I can't eat. So much of this at the begining is trial and error, and remembering that the effects don't always come straight away cos that can catch people out at first.

You'll work it out for you. Good Luck

6. Redkoala

Redkoala Go on smile! =)

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(26.37%)
    Diet:
    Xencial, Gym & Healthy Eating!
    Great reply Alex. Exactly what she said x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.