Sorry bit of a downer...

Jubbly

Yo-yo dieter here for the gazillionth time
Don't know why I'm really putting this on here as it will probably make everyone feel miserable but I have spent the evening trying to find some photos to put on here. I haven't got any current photos so can't post any to compare but am getting so miserable looking at the old ones. I know I've reached target (8 stone 13 some mornings, 9 stone 1 others - I can live with that) so you're probably wondering what I'm complaining about but I feel like I have wasted so much time and realise how much in denial I was. I think I looked enourmous and remember trying to convince myself these were good photos. I'm 27 in 4 weeks time and it's the first time since I was about 20 that I'm actually OK with my weight and to be honest I'm still not OK with how I look anyway and never was then really.

Right, moan over. I'm fine really, I just wanted to get that off my chest....

Oh Jubbly we all have days like that! :( Hows the exercise been going? I finally got around to joining the gym and have been loving it. The exercise is certainly helping me stay happy.

Just wondering if an exercise pick-me-up would help you!:)

Dizzy x

wow I wished I was 2 lbs away from target weight.....I know it must be hard to get round the fact you are almost there.
I can imagine its like mourning for the person you used to be....but you must think positive you have done so well...we do not need to see your pictures to know this.
I cant wait to be in your position.

Well done on your weight loss...you are a star. ;)

I think i know how you feel.....i've spent most of my life overweight...there were times when i got down to 10 stones and i would look back at old photos and cringe at how fat i looked...well now i'm back to square one again (having already lost a fair bit) and when a picture is taken of me i try and look for the good parts of myself to take comfort in...like my hair or that my face is angled downwards so it looks slimmer. I know when i get to target i will cringe again at these photos.

You are still young and have lots of great times ahead of you, try not to have regrets about the past...that's all it is..the past. You have done amazingly well and should feel very proud that you have achieved what a lot of people can only dream about.

I'm really inspired by people like you:)

Oh Jubbly we all have days like that! :( Hows the exercise been going? I finally got around to joining the gym and have been loving it. The exercise is certainly helping me stay happy.

Just wondering if an exercise pick-me-up would help you!:)

Dizzy x

Hi Dizzy, I never went to the gym at work in the end as the prison officers scare me too much so have been going to some classes locally with a couple of friends. Infact going to one tomorrow - legs, bums and tums. Only been doing it a couple of weeks though so no noticable toning effects but it's way more fun than I thought it was going to be and I hope I can keep it up. How are you doing recently?

Thanks for the quick replies guys - I'd forgotten how great everyone here was as I hardly ever here anymore. I'm so pleased I'm an inspiration to someone
:D:D

Hey you are doing bloody brilliantly and i'm well jealous!!! Take stock of your situation honey you are an inspiration to so many people here never forget that! Remember what it was like to be fat and appreciate what you've got - and work at it cos it can all go back on in a heartbeat!!!

Hi Dizzy, I never went to the gym at work in the end as the prison officers scare me too much so have been going to some classes locally with a couple of friends. Infact going to one tomorrow - legs, bums and tums. Only been doing it a couple of weeks though so no noticable toning effects but it's way more fun than I thought it was going to be and I hope I can keep it up. How are you doing recently?

Thanks for the quick replies guys - I'd forgotten how great everyone here was as I hardly ever here anymore. I'm so pleased I'm an inspiration to someone
:D:D

Hi Jubbly

I was on a bit of a downer a few weeks ago. But since finally moving on from CD and following Gi and joining the gym I feel fab. I feel so great I really want to take the emphasis away from weightloss now and just exercise and nourish my body and let it do what it needs.

Hoping this feel good period lasts. I would definitely recommend stepping up the exercise if you can it will help to shape your body and improve your mood too.

I have kept a diary since the new year if you are curious take a look. Called New Year New Me, Getting to Goal and beyond.

It is not an exciting read one bit. But I do list all I am eating and my exercise each day. If you are interested in Gi I would recommend it highly.

Hope the job is going well otherwise.

Dizzy x

u've done brilliantly. u have a priod of adjusting to deal with but u will do it. uve had the strength to make drastic changes and so i am confident this will be a breeze for you by comparison.

i have to say too...i know people feel bad when they just wanna post a good moan and get it out of their system and i think its brilliant that we can all do that with eachother. its not u getting things off ur chest that has brought me down...ITS YOUR BLOOMING AVIATOR!!! great big burger....god im depressed now...will have to go sniff something craving killing lol.

well done with all the weight loss and good luck with adjusting to being a slim mini

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Clare,

You truly are an inspiration as you have done so very well to get this far.

I think so many of us feel from time that regret of time wasted and looking at old photos can be indeed very depressing but for me it was more so when I was at my heaviest.

We lose weight so fast on a vlcd that it can and does take the head some time to catch up.

Exercise will help you feel better and keep on posting as we all need support even on maintenance.

A diary is very good to keep the focus. BE gentle with yourself.:)

Love Mini xxx

Hi Jubbly,just read your post and I can relate to what your saying. I have a picture that was taken on xmas day that I have on my computer. on xmas day I thought I looked fab and when I looked at it a few days later I was shocked. In fact so shocked that I havent looked at it since. I'm going to save it and use it as my before photo. I dont want to look it at yet though. Try not to look back,but look forward to the new slimmer you.You have done so well and are an inspiration and as mini says it can take a while for our heads to catch up. well done!!
Nikki

awwwww Jubbly((((((((big hugs)))))))))

We all have down days hun but let me just say that its people like you who inspire me to crack on and get this diet done. You are amazing and inspirational all rolled into one :)

Back