Sorry - I have decided to leave

Gunna-make-it

Since coming back from holiday in August and not being able to face the shakes anymore (not mentioning the chicken soup) I finally decided to move to the Cambridge Diet.
The plan I am following is the same as LT - I am on 415 calories per day but have more choice with flavours. I am currently on day 2 and went into Ketosis at the end of Day 1 (I have no idea how) I have just tried the strawberry shake and although I have heard they are made from the same company - my goodness they taste so much better (reminds me of the instant whip stuff).
My councellor is great and sent me a text at the end of yesterday to make sure I was ok which was nice... when I was going to the pharmacy with LT they had not been through the diet so there was a lack of understanding and sometimes they were quite harsh - the best thing is, I am paying the same as I was on LT :D
I know that there have been some people asking about the CD and if they should give it a go. I personally would say, if you are finding LT hard because of the shakes (whether the taste or lack of flavour) perhaps CD could be for you too.
This morning I was 4lbs lighter already whooo hooooo..
If anyone has any questions let me know, but make sure you all do what is right for you..
Love to you all and good luck xx

Hiya, All the best with cambridge diet. Glad to see ya have found something that is best for ya and wishing ya loads of success with it, dont forget to pop in and let us all know how ya are getting on!

will do - thanks for your support and have a wonderful Christmas xx

I know how u feel. coz the shakes dont taste that gud, it makes me wanna cheat more. This is something im gonna consider also.

i thought CD was alot more expensive than LT, how much is it? it would be nice to have more flavours but alot of people who have done CD and LT have said that they lost more weight on LT therefore no matter how vile it tastes im sticking to this one i suppose lol... CD is more out there than LT tho, i havent come across a single person who knows what LT is, but as soon as you say its just like CD then they know what it is. good luck with it anyway hun xx let us know how you get on x

I thought it was too but I am paying around £36 for a weeks supply (21 sachets of shakes or soup) This is based on someone who is under 5ft 8 and having 3 sachets per day. If you are above 5ft 8 or a man, you will need to have 4 sachets a day so will cost around £46 as you pay per pack.
After week 1 you can have bars which cost about 15p more than the shakes/soups.
I am on Day 2 of CD - was in Ketosis on Day 1 and already lost 4lbs

hmmm now that has got me thinking, i was told cd wasnt as good as LT and with moving I have discovered that the next pharmacy is 1hr away while there is a lady who does cd 15 mins away. I normally stick to using one product if I see it working for myself but on a high note this could save me money.....hmmm well keep me posted on how ya do. Is the shakes much better than LT? Gosh that strawberry one is just vile it makes me puke everytime.

All the best with CD I have been thinking about it for a while now keep us posted on your journey

Sharron
xx

Hi , glad u posted this as I was on Lipotrim and after a holiday I have been struggling to try get back on - I have been debating whether to try do CD instead and after u post I'm going to try make an appointment tomorrow, I will let u know how I get on , Best of luck to u

I say that you gotta do whatever is gonna work for you and if that's CD then that's great.

I'm ok on LT for now. The shakes taste ok to me, I'm used to them now. But i think i'd struggle a lot if i didn't like the taste.

Good luck with continuining your weightloss journey hun! :) x

I didn't like the shakes at first, but I even like the chicken soup now! Though not keen on the chocolate anymore. I am addicted to the vanilla............ prefer them now to the old mcd shakes i used to crave lol.

hi, can you drink alcohol with CD? The reason i ask is my friend wants to do the LT diet that im on but as you cant drink alcohol on it, it has put her off the idea of doing it. thanks charlene

i dont think you can drink alcohol on any vlcd because each gram of alcohol has alot of calories in it so it wouldnt work properly plus it would make you go out of ketosis too. i think. dont drink but im sure someone will be along to answer that one

Hello - Alcohol is a big no no for all of these diets as it will take you out of Ketosis - alcohol is also packed with sugar and calories :(

Back