*Sorry* Need something to make me "go" tonight, not well.

Re Psy husks.

I get the capsules as I hate the powder. I too tried it in soup and ended up with soup snot which I had to throw away. The capsules work as well but without the snot factor.

Hope things move again wobbly - the bleeding is almost certainly piles but you should really get your doc to check that for you just in case it is something nasty.

I would suggest that you buy a box of golden Linseeds (Granovita or Linusit Gold), powder them in a blender and stir a heaped tablespoonful of the powder into a large glass of warm water and drink.

Powdered linseeds are very high in soluble fibre, omega-3 EFAs and also contain some protein but are very low in carbs. The soluble fibre will sort you out! See Linseeds Flax seeds & flax seed oil

Cheers, Nige.

P.S. This remedy also firms-up diarrhoea.

What are they like? Taste? Texture?
You tried them?

Sorry, 100 questions but never heard of them!

Careful on the carbs guys, a few grams in a prebiotic kicked me outta ketosis! xxxx

I would suggest that you buy a box of golden Linseeds (Granovita or Linusit Gold), powder them in a blender and stir a heaped tablespoonful of the powder into a large glass of warm water and drink.

Powdered linseeds are very high in soluble fibre, omega-3 EFAs and also contain some protein but are very low in carbs. The soluble fibre will sort you out! See Linseeds Flax seeds & flax seed oil

We use linseed for our horses, to improve their coat condition and put on weight. We have to soak the seeds for at least 8 hours, evidently they are toxic until they are soaked.

We then boil them for hours and they turn in to a jellied load of snot. I often frighten visitors by telling them thats for dinner.:D (the horses love it;))

I HAVE A GOOD TEASPOON OF WHOLE FLAX SEEDS IN A HOMEMADE PROBIOTIC YOGHURT EVERYDAY TO KEEP ME REG'LAR. NOT WHILE SS THOUGH, COS THE CARBS CAN BE A BIT TOO MUCH. THEY ARE BEST WHEN GROUNF COS THEN YOU GET ALL THE ESSENTIAL FATS FROM THEM, BUT THEN THEY ARE MORE CALORIFIC. THEY DO THE TRICK BOWEL WISE THOUGH!

(sorry about the capitals, am not typing it all out again)

Cheers, Nige.

P.S. This remedy also firms-up diarrhoea.

They are a good source, however I would check first with th LLC to see if these are OK to use.....:)

You tried them?

Careful on the carbs guys, a few grams in a prebiotic kicked me outta ketosis! xxxx

I think they taste gorgeous - great in breads, great in stir frys and salads, especially toasted!! But I think they would upset ketosis?

Anyone know?

Yep, avoid the linseeds whilst SSing.

Ducolax isn't recommended on CD as it has caused some nasty problems for a few CDers. Interestingly it is recommended on LL:confused:

I think the general opinion is fibregel (original) or senokot. Then psyllium H to prevent further problems. Hope it gets 'sorted' shortly. Can be so painful:hug99:

You tried them?
They hardly taste of anything, perhaps slightly nutty. Once the powder is mixed with fluid, the fluid takes on a wallpaper paste consistency. Yes, I tried OD'ing on them by taking 2 heaped tablespoonfuls. All that happened was that I had to poo several times and they were all biggies (TMI!) :D
See my article and it should answer any questions.

We use linseed for our horses, to improve their coat condition and put on weight. We have to soak the seeds for at least 8 hours, evidently they are toxic until they are soaked.
That's news to me. I never soak powdered linseeds and I've never had poisoning from them. I think that whole linseeds need soaking to make the seed shell absorb water.

Omega-3 fats give me a glossy coat, too! ;)

Nige you appear to me to be very intelligent, especially after reading all that techinical stuff. But a bit of common sense would also be helpful.

SSing is just we us lot call VLCD, sorry if its not technical enough for you.

Try dulcolax, thats what the Counsellor suggests, don't worry you will be fine, take that and continue drinking your water and you will be fine! Even walking for 5 mins here and there, will help as well.

Hi Nige

On Lighter Life and Cambbridge diets, we abstain from conventional food....sometimes called sole sourcing.

If we eat or ingest anything other then the reccomended nutient packs, it can throw us out of ketosis...that is why there is the question of using linseeds - it could interefere negatively with the diet.

As fot he part about soaking them so they are not poisoness, I suspect that has to do with horses, not humans, for I too eat them as they come. Perhaps horses cannot metabolise them in their naturals tate or such.

Cheers! :)

Hi Blonde Logic. Thanks for the explanation....I'm still a noob and some of the terms have other meanings for me.

Linseeds contain zero sugars & starches so should not affect ketosis. They do contain calories, though. A one ounce serving contains 150 Calories due to the fat & protein content.

They are really effective and they will never cause diarrhoea, no matter how much you take. The more you eat (& drink), the more volume you poo!

Sometimes, common sense deserts me. Thanks for clarifying. Cheers, Nige.

Dont worry Nige I have common sense, but I am as fick as two short planks.:doh:

Back