Sorry.............

lydia150970

Gold Member
Hi girls

Sorry I haven't been around for ages - ive been really ill (still am) with glandular fever, been off work for a week nearly, feel awful most of the time, I hate feeling ill.

Diet been out of the window, cooking healthy food, well cooking full stop has been the last thing on my mind, so have put on weight. Also found out that my female hormone levels are low, that needs retesting - trying to get out of my doctor exactly what that means or could mean is like getting blood out of a stone!!

Also have decided (after having a week not being obsessed with points) that I am not going to carry on following WW for a while. Going to give the GI diet a go (a recommendation from my ex personal trainer). Will start that next week (if I feel up to cooking that is) and see how I get on. Have to admit I am bored a bit with WW and can feel myself getting back into bad habits of having high sugar/low fat snacks which I don't think does me any good as I just crave more sugary food then. Anyway I will still keep in touch. x

Thats my worst fear that it will develop into ME or CFS! I want to go back to work next week but everyone is telling to take another week of work - totally bored at home!! Just sleep and watch telly!

ME/CFS or post viral fatigue syndrome are all the same - so when my GP said I had PVFS I didn't realise it was ME! I'm gently going to build my stammina up with 15/20mins swimming twice a week and increase that gradually. GP was not happy I am on CD either ... but I said I would find it difficult ot cook and eat healthy sensible meals - how do you find eating?? I crave carbs when I'm really tired and know I'd just reach for a biscuit or bread.

Hope you soon feel better.

Feel better soon hon. Hope low GI works well for you - lots of people swear by it x

At the minute I just don't have the energy to stand for long periods of time and cook which is another source of frustration for me as I love cooking so have had quite a few takeaways and convenience food, going to try and stop all that next week, even if its just quorn with salad or something like that. I do crave sweet things and carbs at the moment, probably because I need all the energy I can get my hands on!

How long has it been since you had GF - I keep hearing horror stories how it can take up to 12 months to fully recover from this?

Hope you feel better soon! And good luck with GI! x

Hope you feel better soon.

Aww sorry to hear your not well but i do think you should rest and not rush to get back to work ....
I like Marie had GF when i was 8 and remember my dad having to carry me upstairs to go to the loo as i couldnt walk!
It can take a long time to recover but can also lay dorment in your blood stream i think for 7 yrs afterwards :( horrible horrible thing!

Back