Sorry.............

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by lydia150970, 4 September 2008 Social URL.

1. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Hi girls

Sorry I haven't been around for ages - ive been really ill (still am) with glandular fever, been off work for a week nearly, feel awful most of the time, I hate feeling ill.

Diet been out of the window, cooking healthy food, well cooking full stop has been the last thing on my mind, so have put on weight. Also found out that my female hormone levels are low, that needs retesting - trying to get out of my doctor exactly what that means or could mean is like getting blood out of a stone!!

Also have decided (after having a week not being obsessed with points) that I am not going to carry on following WW for a while. Going to give the GI diet a go (a recommendation from my ex personal trainer). Will start that next week (if I feel up to cooking that is) and see how I get on. Have to admit I am bored a bit with WW and can feel myself getting back into bad habits of having high sugar/low fat snacks which I don't think does me any good as I just crave more sugary food then. Anyway I will still keep in touch. x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    hope you feel better soon, there is nothing worse than feeling rough

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Sympathies as I had GF and now have ME as a result of GF .... I know how you feel!

5. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Thats my worst fear that it will develop into ME or CFS! I want to go back to work next week but everyone is telling to take another week of work - totally bored at home!! Just sleep and watch telly!

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    ME/CFS or post viral fatigue syndrome are all the same - so when my GP said I had PVFS I didn't realise it was ME! I'm gently going to build my stammina up with 15/20mins swimming twice a week and increase that gradually. GP was not happy I am on CD either ... but I said I would find it difficult ot cook and eat healthy sensible meals - how do you find eating?? I crave carbs when I'm really tired and know I'd just reach for a biscuit or bread.

Hope you soon feel better.

7. Karenlou

Karenlou Gold Member

Feel better soon hon. Hope low GI works well for you - lots of people swear by it x

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  9. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    At the minute I just don't have the energy to stand for long periods of time and cook which is another source of frustration for me as I love cooking so have had quite a few takeaways and convenience food, going to try and stop all that next week, even if its just quorn with salad or something like that. I do crave sweet things and carbs at the moment, probably because I need all the energy I can get my hands on!

How long has it been since you had GF - I keep hearing horror stories how it can take up to 12 months to fully recover from this?

10. Emma_2008

Emma_2008 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.13%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Hope you feel better soon! And good luck with GI! x

11. WillowFae

WillowFae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    6st2lb(35.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hope you feel better soon.

12. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Glad to see you back. Hope you feel better soon.

Irene xx

13. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Oh hunny, I'm so sorry to hear that you're not well! GF is evil. I had it when I was a kid and it was so bad I had to be pushed around in a wheelchair when we went out because I couldn't walk around on my own :( I was only little though (about 7 or 8) so it probably effected me worse than it would most adults, but I had it for months and months - I was off school with home tuturing for about 6 months of it. A horrible time.

Anyway, enough of my boring stories, heehee - I really hope you're feeling better soon. Good luck with GI and definitely make sure you keep in touch x x x x

14. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.82%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Aww sorry to hear your not well but i do think you should rest and not rush to get back to work ....
    I like Marie had GF when i was 8 and remember my dad having to carry me upstairs to go to the loo as i couldnt walk!
    It can take a long time to recover but can also lay dorment in your blood stream i think for 7 yrs afterwards :( horrible horrible thing!

15. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    BEV!!! I had no idea about your ME... Ive had it for 8.5 years now, and its horrible.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.