SOTW basket.....can't believe some people!

I don't think that beauty products or flowers would be a good idea, not every member of SW is female.

I nearly always stop at lidl on the way and put in a bag of fresh fruit or veg. ( like a whole bag of apples or parsnips etc. )

If I happen to be running late or come straight from work then I usually have packs of beans in the boot ( for use at work ) so they get a couple of tins of beans.
If all else fails then it's a couple of hi-fi bars.

I do like the idea of herbs and other non food items like steamer bags though.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
I don't think that beauty products or flowers would be a good idea, not every member of SW is female.

I nearly always stop at lidl on the way and put in a bag of fresh fruit or veg. ( like a whole bag of apples or parsnips etc. )

If I happen to be running late or come straight from work then I usually have packs of beans in the boot ( for use at work ) so they get a couple of tins of beans.

I was thinking the same-we have about 5/6 men in our small evening group so even though I love the idea of a beauty gift it just wouldn't be practical x

ColJack said:

Ahhh but it's something to put in next weeks basket!!!
But I do take your point!
The only shops between my work and group is Babyneeds and Sportsmania oh and the funeral parlour and a Lloyds dispensary (only sells medicines)!!!!!!

Oooh could I put a freddo or curly wurly in?? Thinking of ideas for when my fruit bowls running down lol

The hifi bars are a great idea though. Or alpen light. (Which I bought and they're nowhere near as tasty as the hifi light by the way)

At least if I forget to buy fresh fruit on the way home I can find something in my cupboards to put in.

Oh there was a cheese mugshot in mine last week. Could have put a free one in!! Tomato is my fave x

Our basket usually contains my contribution alone! It annoys me no kne makes an effort or brings black fruit yok :( if I don't have fresh fruit I take tinned sardines, diet lemonade, bottled herbs etc.

I tend to put in fruit, as thats what I can afford. I have had it a few times and it is usually good. As my group is large, I had 2 carrier bags full of mainly fruit though when I won it alone!!

I like when people put in cans of diet pepsi, alpen lights, hifi's etc. I have also had a few dodgy items, soggy bananas and apples etc Also got a can of cream of chicken soup which am pretty sure is high in syns! Ooh yeah and a tin of hot dogs too! lol

I tend to put in some herbs or a tin of chickpeas etc. I stay away from fruit as everyone puts that in.

This week I've got one of them mesh chip tray cooker thingys from the 99p shop to put in.

I added chickpeas in and added the recupe of the falafels too .....

This thread has just gave me a good giggle whilst enjoying my cuppa :0)

Nat x

Hmmm maybe I need to put in some Doritos and garlic bread, another week It could be Dairy Milk!

Actually I think we ought to have a comp on who puts in the most random item.... Rule is its got to be Free and nice!

I like to put something in the sotw basket that I've tried and would recommend and maybe other members can't get a hold of at their local supermarket, doesn't have to be expensive just a new discovery I've liked..and if Free even better ;-)

ColJack said:
And not every man would feel threatened by a bunch of flowers. :p

Agree with the beauty products though. :D

I won SOTW this week, took in alpen light cherry bakewell bars as I don't like them much, but after hearing someone say 'ooh Ive looked everywhere for them' I gave it to her afterwards, so it shows people do appreciate a bit of variety in the basket!

However since I've got home I've thrown away 4 pieces of fruit as they had gone past being edible. Really annoys me that some make the effort and others don't bother at all.

The last group I used to go to had a man who had over 15stone to lose....he would win every week and would always take the prize....started to annoy me....all tho in fair he was the winner but any1 else would stop taking it after 2weeks, Im not there to give him free shopping.....I went for nearly 2months he won every week.....I stuck a huge fat choc fudge cake in...got weighed then left the group never to return! Lol the first group I went to was great tho...I always took something strange in...like dragon fruit or a huge water melon lol I do it online now tho

kimmie2709 said:
The last group I used to go to had a man who had over 15stone to lose....he would win every week and would always take the prize....started to annoy me....all tho in fair he was the winner but any1 else would stop taking it after 2weeks, Im not there to give him free shopping.....I went for nearly 2months he won every week.....I stuck a huge fat choc fudge cake in...got weighed then left the group never to return! Lol the first group I went to was great tho...I always took something strange in...like dragon fruit or a huge water melon lol I do it online now tho

To be fair, it's not his fault he lost the most weekly, nor did he start the idea. I've lost most in our group, I've won most sow, I also don't go off plan, drink, or stick stuff in my mouth I'm not supposed to like others at class. If they didn't do that they would have more chance of winning SOW. I left in tears one day because an older lady past a snarky comment about me always winning it. It's not like we have a big group either, so it wasn't like a weeks shopping. Sow is there to encourage a little competitive streak to win, it's there for everyone ;) x

Back