SOTW basket.....can't believe some people!

Bet u didn't walk in shouting 'what have you put in my basket this week then?' Lol it was more to do with his arogance then him winning it

kimmie2709 said:
Bet u didn't walk in shouting 'what have you put in my basket this week then?' Lol it was more to do with his arogance then him winning it

Lol, ooooo no I didn't, it got really cringe for me, I wished someone else would win the one apple, black banana, out of date alpen bar, many mug shot ;) someone else wins at our group now, well they did, not seen them for weeks. How rude of him! X

Yup he didn't even bring anything to put in himself lol I do agree its good for groups tho. I also wondered if any groups had bells rang if some1 had a loss? That's cringy lol

kimmie2709 said:
Yup he didn't even bring anything to put in himself lol I do agree its good for groups tho. I also wondered if any groups had bells rang if some1 had a loss? That's cringy lol

We have bell ringing ;)

kimmie2709 said:
The last group I used to go to had a man who had over 15stone to lose....he would win every week and would always take the prize....started to annoy me....all tho in fair he was the winner but any1 else would stop taking it after 2weeks, Im not there to give him free shopping.....I went for nearly 2months he won every week.....I stuck a huge fat choc fudge cake in...got weighed then left the group never to return! Lol the first group I went to was great tho...I always took something strange in...like dragon fruit or a huge water melon lol I do it online now tho

I've been on the other side of this ( you didn't go to my group did you? ) and it's not my fault that I won it most weeks.
I even sabotaged myself on purpose sometimes so that other people could win it for a couple of weeks.
When someone made a comment about me winning it and then went on to describe their weekend of booze and takeaway, when I don't drink and stick to plan most of the time, it really upset me.
It's hard enough being a bloke in class full of mostly women without being hated for something we have no control over. :(

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

kimmie2709 said:

We do bell ringing as well,agree about it being cringy!

kimmie2709 said:
The last group I used to go to had a man who had over 15stone to lose....he would win every week and would always take the prize....started to annoy me....all tho in fair he was the winner but any1 else would stop taking it after 2weeks, Im not there to give him free shopping.....I went for nearly 2months he won every week.....I stuck a huge fat choc fudge cake in...got weighed then left the group never to return! Lol the first group I went to was great tho...I always took something strange in...like dragon fruit or a huge water melon lol I do it online now tho

This is where I think sw fails it should be on %loss not lbs. I am not as big as people in my group but will never get sotw as 2lb is a lot for me to loss when larger people loss 4-5lb. ( on offence to anyone, just a gripe!!)

Berryred said:
This is where I think sw fails it should be on %loss not lbs. I am not as big as people in my group but will never get sotw as 2lb is a lot for me to loss when larger people loss 4-5lb. ( on offence to anyone, just a gripe!!)

It is based on percentage of your weight! But if its your first week (2nd weigh-in) the lbs are halved as it is always a larger loss! I know this because we had a 10lb loss one week but a 6lb loss won SOTW

It is based on percentage of your weight! But if its your first week (2nd weigh-in) the lbs are halved as it is always a larger loss! I know this because we had a 10lb loss one week but a 6lb loss won SOTW

Ours isn't based on percentage weight loss - it's based on who loses the most amount of weight in lbs that week. The loss for your first week is halved when working out the slimmer of the month but again, in my group, this is the person who has lost the most weight in lbs over the month.

Jaq said:
Ours isn't based on percentage weight loss - it's based on who loses the most amount of weight in lbs that week. The loss for your first week is halved when working out the slimmer of the month but again, in my group, this is the person who has lost the most weight in lbs over the month.

Thats not fair at all! Have you spoke to ypur leader? The closer you get to target the less likely.. In fact it will be almost impossible to get slimmer if the week .... Crazy

Jaq said:
It's the same at the group I go to and I think it's the norm x

This isn't correct. It is based on the biggest loss that week - providing you lost or maintained the previous week, came to group the previous week and it wasn't your first week the previous week.

The only time the first weeks WI is halved is for slimmer of the month.

I think what your consultant is doing is incorrect. The PDA works out who is slimmer of the week and it is in weight loss, not percentage.

To be honest, as long as you lose, who cares if you're SOTW or not? I mean, SOTW is great and all, but it's only short term, for one week only. Think of the long term - the weight you have lost overall, not that you lost the most that week.

Just my opinion anyway...

Princess_Stevie said:
To be honest, as long as you lose, who cares if you're SOTW or not? I mean, SOTW is great and all, but it's only short term, for one week only. Think of the long term - the weight you have lost overall, not that you lost the most that week.

Just my opinion anyway...

I think it is important, why else would we post it lol!! I am going to bring it up with my swc tomorrow as they def do it on lbs list not % last week friend lost 4lb wow but person at 4.5lb got sotw and def bigger.

Jaq said:

Which is great and how I think it should be heehee

Oh and I always put in alpen bar, tinned toms, bag of carrots ect haha! Once I put in some small Tupperware pots:)

kimmie2709 said:

I am genuinely a little shocked that you would do something like this. It seems a little petty, regardless of his attitude. Did you even wait to see if he won that week? Or just assumed he did?

The guy was successfully loosing weight, and probably needed the motivation of winning SOTW far more than someone with less weight to loose.

Back